• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was that jump fighting game any good? I need a bleach fix.
If you go in knowing J-Stars Victory Vs. is rather simplistic & the unlock system is rather stupid (oh sorry, you can only choose to unlock # characters, either playable or support, right now, go play & level up more to unlock the ability to unlock more characters despite everyone being available from the start), it's serviceable. Though be warned only Ichigo & Aizen are playable, while Rukia is just support.

Though yes, Jump Ultimate Stars on DS was more fun & would have more playable Bleach characters.

...............wasn't there a PS3 Bleach game as well? Dark Resurrection? & I think there was a Bleach game on DS made by Treasure as well.

Mizerman

Yeah, the roster choice for J Stars was kinda strange in a way.

The game itself is alright. Nothing noteworthy, but something to screw around with from time to time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, if you really want to play a Bleach fighting game play the second DS game.

1cm2vVI.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the roster choice for J Stars was kinda strange in a way.

The game itself is alright. Nothing noteworthy, but something to screw around with from time to time.
Pretty much. For the most part, I was fine with the roster, aside from "aww, why is THIS character only support!" though WHY WAS THAT STUPID TARO YAMADA GUY IN THIS, HIS FRANCHISE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A WIKI PAGE AND HE'S ANNOYING AS HELL AND ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH

I should try to find that DBZ game for the DS, Attack of the Saiyans. It was made by Monolith Soft & looks to be a very fast-paced RPG.

bigkrev

You are being very kind to call J-Stars anything other than a bad game. Outside of the fan service, there really isn't much of a game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
isnt this most crossover games
SOME. Something like [insert franchise here] Vs. Capcom or Super Smash Bros. are considered crossovers & are great.

Granted, it can still be rather hit or miss. Nobody ever talks about that crossover game where Optimus Prime, Solid Snake, Beyblade Kid, & Bomberman can fight each other.

Jintor

if toonami doesn't get one punch man in 1-2 years or earlier it will be a federal crime and the entire staff of cartoon network will go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I look forward to watching the first episode of One-Punch Man later today.

Also, we're getting another season of Prison School, right? I mean, they wouldn't end with that huge teaser of the next arc and the new characters like that, right?!?

& to be slightly more on topic, has anyone played Pirate Warriors 3 yet? There's a chance I might get it if I get a PS4 during Black Friday & rather liked PW2, but would prefer a physical copy of the game instead of digital.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 146:

Right, I am really becoming at a loss as to what to say since nothing ever fucking changes anymore. Well, okay, this episode is a bit different in the fact that for some reason they wanted to do a parody and homage to the film Roman Holiday for some reason. Outside of that, nope, I got nothing, this season has been so much bloody white noise it is actually demoralizing.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 147:

Well, this is a bit of a change of pace as it is a focus episode on Makoto though I would be lying if I didn't find the premise more then a little distasteful. It has been awhile but this episode recasts into the light Makoto's desire to marry and her propensity to fall in "love" at literal first sight. I want to say it is intentional but I am not sure but this episode was more a cautionary tale about the dangers of falling in love when somebody you barely know, I just have moral complications when I find myself agreeing with the psudorapists, as the feels like victim blaming of a sort. Anyway, the uptick is that Jupiter is the first one to finally display a new power with Superior Sparkling Thunder and boy is it bland as fuck. Recommendation to avoid this episode.

Cornbread78

Also, we're getting another season of Prison School, right? I mean, they wouldn't end with that huge teaser of the next arc and the new characters like that, right?!?.

It's been all but confirmed at this point, but it is a long way away from being broadcast.

I look forward to watching the first episode of One-Punch Man later today.

Also, we're getting another season of Prison School, right? I mean, they wouldn't end with that huge teaser of the next arc and the new characters like that, right?!?

& to be slightly more on topic, has anyone played Pirate Warriors 3 yet? There's a chance I might get it if I get a PS4 during Black Friday & rather liked PW2, but would prefer a physical copy of the game instead of digital.

I beat PW3. It's the first Musou game I half enjoyed. Level design is pretty awful, it's not challenging even on hard, sucks to unlock the actually cool people etc typical Musou issues but you can fuck dudes up and that's pretty dope

Don't play it if you don't want spoilers though

As for Prison School...well they got a big name VA (Ami Koshimizu) to voice Kate for two lines so maybe?

Watching stuff on Toonami again with the dub isn't so bad!

A good dub would be great for OPM

ckohler

One Punch Man looks pretty good (I've seen the OP and I like the style) but I'll wait for it to potentially air on Toonami. Same with Dragonball Super.

Raxus

Wait what? Just because it ended on a "cliffhanger" or is there more that I don't know about?

No just a rumor about season 2 for fall 2016 but nothing is confirmed and the source is far from legitimate.
One Punch Man looks pretty good (I've seen the OP and I like the style) but I'll wait for it to potentially air on Toonami. Same with Dragonball Super.

That's fair. I'll avoid talking about it apart from the first episode and some stray comments about my enjoyment of it. I am reading the manga (which is equally excellent and HIGHLY recommended) so I have no problem watching the anime.

I wish I liked OPM more the art style is gorgeous but the comedy does nothing for me and the story doesn't pull me in. The entire premise pulls me out as I never feel any tension when stuff happens cause "lol he wins in one punch" :|

Yes, and he's hates that due to no one being a challenge for him. It's a huge parody of shounen and superhero tropes and it's fantastic. Started reading the manga earlier today and it's great.

As a parody its not very funny, I honestly do not get what people find so fantastic about it other then Murata's gorgeous art.

Rutger

Banned
I wish I liked OPM more the art style is gorgeous but the comedy does nothing for me and the story doesn't pull me in. The entire premise pulls me out as I never feel any tension when stuff happens cause "lol he wins in one punch" :|
Well, tension filled fights tends not to be the selling point for a comedy. Not everything can be Gintama.
As a parody its not very funny, I honestly do not get what people find so fantastic about it other then Murata's gorgeous art.

I love it for how serious everything is other than Saitama, seeing the world react to his insane strength is entertaining imo. I like many of the characters too. I can see why some might not care for it, but I have a lot of fun reading it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to get Cromartie on DVD one of these days. Heck, should see if my public library still has the manga.

Wow at Toonami Faithful's latest podcast being a whopping 3.5 hours long. Need to find a night to be able to hear it in full without interruptions, especially since it seems they bring up Master of Martial Hearts, an anime that's only memorable for how average it is for 5 out of 6 episodes to then turn completely crazy & twisted in its final episode (seriously, it has to be seen to be believed, & I mean watching the entire thing without jumping to the final episode just so you experience for yourself the complete whiplash).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In the time it took for the post cooldown to pop two people answered and the person edited their post. Impressive for a Monday night.

aWg0THL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom