• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N6g2Oqz.jpg

anime-being-saved.jpg

Moaradin

Lately they've had great premises for filler (doing the Chunin exam for everyone else, this) but the execution is HORRIBLE.

Yeah, I was actually looking forward to that one. It started off decently. It was paced well and we saw Shikamaru as an instructor which was awesome. Then they got to the desert and stayed there for 20 episodes. It was so bad. We got maybe 1 decently animated fight out of it (Lee vs. random filler character in a Taijutsu battle)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They should've tried to mimic the 4Kids One Piece opening.

YO-KAI, YO-KAI YO-KAAAAAIIIII

HE'S GOT A GHOST CAT! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! YO-YO-YO, HE GOT A SPECIAL WATCH YO.

picture

anime-being-saved.jpg

Is..is that the "No Russian" scene from Modern Warfare 2? You know, the one where terrorist go into an airport and kill a bunch of civilians? With the amount of shootings going on in this country including one that happened just YESTERDAY at NAU, I think this is in horrible taste to post. I don't find many things offense but this is a little too much for me, can you remove it?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is..is that the "No Russian" scene from Modern Warfare 2? You know, the one where terrorist go into an airport and kill a bunch of civilians? With the amount of shootings going on in this country including one that happened just YESTERDAY at NAU, I think this is in horrible taste to post. I don't find many things offense but this is a little too much for me, can you remove it?

You mean today, there's been two different shootings today. Then again, this is America. There is always a mass-shooting. Always.

no prob

You mean today, there's been two different shootings today. Then again, this is America. There is always a mass-shooting. Always.

I just heard about NAU last night but there's been another? Ugh, I don't know what we can do about this..maybe make it harder to obtain weapons? But that's up to the individual states and we all know the south/midwest isn't going to go for that.

Thank you slam

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just heard about NAU last night but there's been another? Ugh, I don't know what we can do about this..maybe make it harder to obtain weapons? But that's up to the individual states and we all know the south/midwest isn't going to go for that.

Two more today. Go look in the OT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ron Howard making a live-action Tiger & Bunny movie.

..................uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is more weird than hearing the fact they might actually making that US live-action Death Note movie happen.

Nothing will beat the complete randomness of making an American live-action Kite film somehow featuring Samual L. Jackson.

Ron Howard making a live-action Tiger & Bunny movie.

..................uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is more weird than hearing the fact they might actually making that US live-action Death Note movie happen.

Nothing will beat the complete randomness of making an American live-action Kite film somehow featuring Samual L. Jackson.

Hollywood's most boring director to the rescue!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE LIVE-ACTION GRINCH FILM.

....I mean, at least something like Death Note, Akira, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop (like THAT movie will ever happen), etc. make sense because they're bigger names and more of the anime that people who might not be big into anime would possibly know about.

Something like T&B or Kite, I'm sure have their fans & I'm not knocking the quality of them, but feel so lesser known in comparison to what I've mentioned above, seems so strange for someone in the US to be like "YES, let's make a live-action version of THIS!" Look at Kite, that was 1998 & then a whopping 16 years later in 2014, long after most people forgot about the series, we got the film. At least T&B is still rather new, from 2011.

Edit: AHH, THE THEME RANDOLY CHANGED FROM DARK TO WHITE. IT BURRRNNNSSSS

Well, to be fair, Tiger & Bunny is about superheroes and merchandising opportunities. I know exactly how that conversation went; it lasted two seconds and consisted of the words "DO IT NOW."

So now that Sailor Moon, Jojo, HxH and LotGH are all being/have been dubbed what major back log anime still are missing a definitive dub? The only ones I can think of are the various Gundam series that felt in the gap where Bandai US closed down and I guess the newest one and the various Macross series/the original unattached to Robotech.

So now that Sailor Moon, Jojo, HxH and LotGH are all being/have been dubbed what major back log anime still are missing a definitive dub? The only ones I can think of are the various Gundam series that felt in the gap where Bandai US closed down and I guess the newest one and the various Macross series/the original unattached to Robotech.

LoGH is having the novels brought over but I don't think it's being dubbed. There is stuff like Idolm@ster, Love Live, Monogatari, Gintama that is popular but not dubbed. I think Love Live and Im@s will one day become super popular here, but I'm not sure about Gintama, there was the first movie dubbed but it was a completely terrible dub. Monogatari...who knows. I imagine dubbing that would be a huge pain in the ass. Those are the big ones, I believe. Like I said the idol series have a good chance, Gintama is iffy and I don't think Monogatari will ever happen.

I'm not going to count stuff like Sazae-san for obvious reasons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, Evangelion outfits confirmed for the US version of Tales of Zestiria.

........too bad I have like 3 other Tales of... games in my backlog thanks to PSN sales....

Moaradin

First time I'm hearing about a dubbed LotGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom