• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Translation: fuck you guys for complaining about a goddamn joke about a shitty group of people

I'd like to think that people would be more "upset" with the choice to make a specific reference rather than the fact they often modify scripts or that it was a shot at GamerGate in this case.

But this is the internet.

You mean episode 1? Life fibers were there from the start

No, I mean episode 15 or 16 where life fibers are brought to the forefront of the plot instead of being something casually mentioned but not expanded upon. You know, where it's revealed their clothes eat them and made humans evolve or some shit.

I'd like to think that people would be more "upset" with the choice to make a specific reference rather than the fact they often modify scripts or that it was a shot at GamerGate in this case.

but then there wouldn't actually be a huge conflict and what would the Internet be without huge conflict?

Line_HTX

I fully understand that adapted scripts can't be 100% like the original, so modifications would be needed in order for the Western audience to understand the same thing.

I'm curious though, what was the original dialogue for that scene?

I fully understand that adapted scripts can't be 100% like the original, so modifications would be needed in order for the Western audience to understand the same thing.

I'm curious though, what was the original dialogue for that scene?

It changes the flow of the scene.

In the original the character whose line was changed basically demanded respect by saying she was a senior to him.

In the dub her response is a bit more aggressive, by asking him if he's a gator.

But to be honest, the character in question is a rough character with a soft side. The dub change still fits her character.

Line_HTX

It changes the flow of the scene.

In the original the character whose line was changed basically demanded respect by saying she was a senior to him.

In the dub her response is a bit more aggressive, by asking him if he's a gator.

But to be honest, the character in question is a rough character with a soft side. The dub change still fits her character.

Okay, I wanted to see if just adding that in there fit or whether it was way out of place in context either way. Aggressive response, eh, calling names and stuff? I might need to see the dub for this, especially for the Vice-President.

Raxus

It really isn't surprising they would choose Parasyte. It looks like a decent dub (by Sentai standards), it is a relatively new anime, it makes a great ad for the dvds and it is was received decently by its fans.

I imagine Parasyte will do well.

I personally really don't care for it, but I won't deny that I could understand why some appreciate it.

Good voice actors. Will probably still end up being bad/mediocre because of the directing.

The clip they placed during Pre-Flight was decent, Sinichi fluctuates from okay to meh but his interaction with Migi was still as enjoyable as it was when I watched it last year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Adam Gibbs voiced Seita in Grave of the Fireflies &.......uh.........some other stuff.

If Satomi sounds bad, then it proves my opinion that Sentai's VAs aren't the issue, it's their damn VA directors.

I tried looking into seeing what the ADR director, Kyle Jones, has done............he also did Akame ga Kill.....but he also was the director for Full Metal Panic......but on the other hand, he directed the dub for Log Horizon, so he might be responsible for cat guy's voice being completely different & off-putting.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The clip they placed during Pre-Flight was decent, Sinichi fluctuates from okay to meh but his interaction with Migi was still as enjoyable as it was when I watched it last year.
It's not a LOT better, but it's still a small step up from the AgK dub, which is helped by the fact Migi sounds pretty decent & Shinichi, for the most part, gets the job done. Could've been much better, but also could've been much worse as well.

Good voice actors. Will probably still end up being bad/mediocre because of the directing.
Pretty much, & it doesn't help this has the same director as AgK, as I previously stated. Which only adds to the frustration when we know the same VAs can give better performances if an ADR director from, say, Funimation tells them how to deliver their lines. Funimation would've freakin' had so much fun hamming it up with the overreacting on Shokugeki no Soma, but in Sentai's hands, I just fear everyone is going to sound BORED, which is the completely opposite reaction most characters have in the show, especially when tasting food.

Hell, now I can't help but wonder how Sentai is able to get some bigger name stuff (well not HUGE names, but still names a good amount of people on here might've at least heard of) compared to Funimation, if they just don't truly want the show or somehow, Sentai outbids them.

Moaradin

Migi sounds decent. Which is good since he's one of the best parts of that show.

Shinichi sounds weird. Just a strange choice to go with for his voice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only part of the dub that I've heard so far that I'd truly say was terrible was that one old woman in the commercial going "what did you do with my daughter" & "aaaahhhhhhh". That seriously just sounded like a random employee's mom they grabbed & went "okay so you have two lines to read, & hurry up we gotta get other random non-important characters to voice, also we're only using your first take."

Raxus

Migi sounds decent. Which is good since he's one of the best parts of that show.

Shinichi sounds weird. Just a strange choice to go with for his voice.

One of the benefits of Sentai's alien delivery is that it works really well for anything otherworldly like Migi. Sadly the same principles apply to most of the human cast as well.

Line_HTX

No movie slots planned, so probably next year?

What's with the anticipation anyway? It's not like this movie's going to be spectacular. I mean, sure I liked 2.22 a little more than 1.11, but that's not saying much.

Still can't unhear Mikasa/Christina from Mari Illustrious Makinami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's weak.

6SyV3Lv.gif

Don't worry guys, we'll get some more SAO soon probably.

Probably right after we get another season of Tokyo Ghoul, and not a remake...

I-made-myself-sad.gif

Man, I miss Futurama. Even if the later episodes were a bit rough.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know I've been promising this alot, but I'll probably almost certainly, maybe will finish SAO:EE tomorrow. If not then, next Friday. What can I say? I'm busy.

My next project though will be much more consistent.

Cornbread78

You need to post in football more.
;)

I know a lot more about sports than I do games and anime, but... I can only deal with so much mindless, uneducated and senseless Pat's bashing, lol.

Seriously though, I'll stop by and visit the tough crowd over there.

I know I've been promising this alot, but I'll probably almost certainly, maybe will finish SAO:EE tomorrow. If not then, next Friday. What can I say? I'm busy.

My next project though will be much more consistent.

Maybe if you had some kind of content that you could show us that had nothing to do with the main story, in the mean time. You know something that can "fill" the timeslot while you're working on the newer episodes.

Line_HTX

Maybe if you had some kind of content that you could show us that had nothing to do with the main story, in the mean time. You know something that can "fill" the timeslot while you're working on the newer episodes.

It's Lisbeth harassing Suguha while Silica looks on disapprovingly.

Line_HTX

I know a lot more about sports than I do games and anime, but... I can only deal with so much mindless, uneducated and senseless Pat's bashing, lol.

Seriously though, I'll stop by and visit the tough crowd over there.

I mean, if you're really uncomfortable, you can just post while the games are in progress and nothing else. Though there are plenty of AnimeGAF that's always there everyday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really need to find my old ass pioneer dvds and gif trigun.

QPjfWhM.gif

imgur is just more reliable than i.minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom