• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

I'm not even sure what the theme is. Mortality or sex. It's like an odd mixture of both.

"It’s a way of talking about lust without talking about lust, he told them. It is a way of talking about sex, and fear of sex, and death, and fear of death, and what else is there to talk about?"

joe2187

Banned
I'm not even sure what the theme is. Mortality or sex. It's like an odd mixture of both.

The moral of the story is, If you fight casshern you die, if you are a companion of casshern you die or get maimed beyond repair at best...But if you try and fuck casshern you have a 50/50 chance of living and losing your mind or dying.

The moral is....fuck casshern

Levyne

Banned
Well normally I'd stick around but I have a long roadtrip looking me in the face when I wake up.

See you all next week. Later.

thetechkid

I wish they kept Kekkaishi and DRRR and got another show instead or reairing Gits, FMA, and Bepbop. I've seen them on constantly for way too long and its getting annoying.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This flashback recapping this episode that they skipped in Brotherhood is worlds better than the actual episode covering this material from the first anime. :D

thetechkid

We don't know how long Kekkaishi's rights were for. It debuted on Adult Swim over 2 years ago, though, and 2 years is a pretty standard contract for these shows.

Did they kidnap the daughters of the people in charge of Gits and Bepbop then? Because those shows have been on for 40 years on constant rerun.

Did they kidnap the daughters of the people in charge of Gits and Bepbop then? Because those shows have been on for 40 years on constant rerun.

They keep renewing those shows, because they get really strong ratings. They probably didn't feel any need to renew Kekkaishi based on the ratings it got.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Adult Swim exists in the first place in order to give them a place to broadcast Cowboy Bebop. They're never giving up the rights to it if they can avoid it. They actually nearly lost it right around the same time they lost the rights to Trigun, but they eventually did renew it.

They have a core batch of shows that are basically the flagships for the action block. Bebop, Inuyasha, FLCL, Big O II, Fullmetal Alchemist, GITS, Bleach. Everything else pretty much comes and goes.

Out of all of those, Bleach is the most recent, debuting in 2006, but they traded in FMA in 2010 for FMA: Brotherhood.

Jacob

This was a fairly underwhelming night after the crazy awesomeness of last week, but not bad. FMA:B was a bit too goofy for my taste but oh well.

Later, ToonamiGAF. Thanks for another entertaining Saturday night. :D

jph139

Boogie Woogie Feng Shui. What an odd episode.

This is episode 21 out of 26, so... six weeks until it starts over? If it's not just knocked off the schedule (but it won't be I'm sure).

Drago

Boogie Woogie Feng Shui. What an odd episode.

This is episode 21 out of 26, so... six weeks until it starts over? If it's not just knocked off the schedule (but it won't be I'm sure).

Alright, thanks. Hopefully it wont get knocked off before a restart or midseason...

jph139

I don't know what feng shui is but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with moon rocks absorbing cosmic magnetic energy.

(...does it?)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 262 - The Tragic Sword Beast! Haineko, Crying!
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 8 - Scar Chain
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 8 - A Hymn of Hope

1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 39 - Daydream
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 24 - NUCLEAR POWER
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 22 - Cowboy Funk

Later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
YICZ7.jpg

Preble

So lets say ratings for toonami gets better, and the budget for it can increase. What would you guys like to see in 2013 or 2014?

Me, I'd like too see SARA return. Hoping for some funny interaction between her and TOM

I'd also like to see a airing of Justice League and Justice Unlimited. Besides being great series, it'd help remind people Toonami isn't an anime only block.

Finally I hope Williams Street will be able to pick up that Michiko to Hatchin show. Saw a trailer and it looks interesting kinda like a modern Cowboy Bebop.

Jintor

Sweet.

I wonder if we'll get another speech soon, or a AMV

I'm kind of interested in trying to figure out how to make them AMVs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom