• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I would say Eureka 7 is a more like a light hearted Evangelion with more love story and most of the psycho-drama and symbolism removed.

I don't really see how it has anything in common with Evangelion other than having a teenage lead character and mechs. Which describes just about every mecha anime ever.

Also, Eureka is chock full of symbolism, allegory, and references. It's just to much more obscure and eclectic stuff (anthropology! literature! quantum physics! environmentalism!) rather than heavy-handed Christian symbolism.

Ultratech

Well, that was interesting.

Boring Seven time. Guys you can skip the next 52 weeks and come in and get the total plot of it last episode...

I guess... I already watched it once (or was it twice? I'd rather not remember.).

First half is alright, then quickly spirals into WTF territory and other BS towards the end.

Yup, and I'm not to sure about the year, but I think it was 2006 or something.
Yup, 2006. I remember because Mets were blowing away the NL East.

About Renton's voice:
Yuri Lowenthal had at one point been contracted by Bandai to provide the English voice for Renton, but after recording thirteen episodes he was replaced by Johnny Yong Bosch because the director of the English dub felt that his voice was too low for the character. All of Renton's lines were subsequently redone for consistency (although Yuri Lowenthal can still be heard as Renton when Holland is watching a video at the end of episode 7), though Bosch himself admits it took him a while to nail down the voice.
Weird.

Jintor

Arvixe-Sucks.jpg

yami4ct

I don't really see how it has anything in common with Evangelion other than having a teenage lead character and mechs. Which describes just about every mecha anime ever.

Also, Eureka is chock full of symbolism, allegory, and references. It's just to much more obscure and eclectic stuff (anthropology! literature! quantum physics! environmentalism!) rather than heavy-handed Christian symbolism.

So much of what happens in E7 feels Eva like to me especially the super obvious twist regarding the
bio-mechs
. The overall plot doesn't copy Eva, but it steals so many elements from it. AO even more so. And yeah, I guess I should have clarified and said it lacked all the religious symbolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom