• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I guess... I already watched it once (or was it twice? I'd rather not remember.).

First half is alright, then quickly spirals into WTF territory and other BS towards the end.

I watched it over the course of like three months about... two months ago. I only watched it because of an anime group I knew of hyped it to hell. It was completely a waste of time and only starts to pick up in the second half. You're right that it's total "WTF territory" until
Eureka's Origins and Holland's Brothers true motives happen
. The twist was kinda neat even if it was "wait, what?"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Huh, out of place commercial for Outlaw Star. Something tells me that a different promo was supposed to go there.

Oh... still the way they're oh so subtly covering her face.
It'll be a long time until you see it too

Forewarning this series will throw out a lot of terms without explaining them until many episodes later. It starts off slow but it'll start picking up at the first WTF episode

Azure J

> Sees Outlaw Star
> HOLY FUCK OUTLAW STAR?! WHEN
> Is accuallly ads

Why Tom, why? :lol

Mind you, I'm not one stuck with the concept of old Toonami shows being in circulation all the time, but OUTLAW. STAR.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know this show is pretty good at capturing the mindset of a 14 year old (fanboy.) It's hard to appreciate a lot of the themes if you don't watch it while in that target.

Forewarning this series will throw out a lot of terms without explaining them until many episodes later. It starts off slow but it'll start picking up at the first WTF episode

Which ep is that again? Spoiler if necessary.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Have we had a new promo tonight or did they use all their runtime doing bumpers for the new shows

No new promos or anything, so I assume they spent most of their time on the new bumps. So far pretty much everything has been new (though the only new part of Casshern's intro was the hashtag).

yami4ct

Since they're rearing E7, what's the chance Toonami's going to end up picking up AO? God I hope it happens. I really would love to see this thread react to that thing.

Ultratech

I watched it over the course of like three months about... two months ago. I only watched it because of an anime group I knew of hyped it to hell. It was completely a waste of time and only starts to pick up in the second half. You're right that it's total "WTF territory" until
Eureka's Origins and Holland's Brothers true motives happen
. The twist was kinda neat even if it was "wait, what?"

Yeah, I have trouble remembering where it exactly goes flying off. (I suppose to be more accurate, I should say the first 2/3rds?) There is some good stuff in the middle and then some.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They "discovered" the first LFO? What, they just dug the whole thing up? Is this Big O or something?

PUT YOUR STICK IN HER SLOT RENTON FOR GREAT JUSTICE

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
They showed the Outlaw Star ad during the April 1st Toonami stuff.

Renton & Eureka US VA's = Ichigo and Orihime! Except this Ichigo will actually admit to liking this Orihime.

Everyone keeps comparing this to Eva... I feel more like it's a modern Original Gundam at this point.

And I like the surfing mecha! Same as any other "Jet booster" other mecha use in other anime, just with a "theme" now. The color trails on the boards also remind me of the Particles from the engines in Gundam 00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom