• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I could watch Samurai 7 and Casshern without GAF, but I'm glad to have you guys for Bleach and Eureka 7. Makes it entertaining enough.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Renton's inner thoughts at the end are comedic in a semi-DMW way, and accurately portray what most 14 year olds would do and think given the same situation I feel.

I hope this show's comedic side will be appreciated by y'all. Like the sucks stuff. That was all obviously tongue in cheek.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was maybe the worst cliffhanger/next-episode-preview combo in the history of existance

To be fair, it's supposed to come after the credits. I'm not sure why they moved it up. It's safe to say spoiling that the main character is NOT going to die after episode 1 probably isn't a big deal, though. :D

gosox333

Also, I can't believe the hate E7 is getting in here. I hope it's just because you guys weren't wowed by the first episode, because pretty much the entire rest of the internet loves it. Or at least have enough fans to vastly outnumber the haters.

Gaf is weird sometimes.

Mr. Patch

Okay... so what exactly makes Eureka 7 shitty?

I watched it a little when it first aired those years ago so most of this is like new to me.

thetechkid

Also, I can't believe the hate E7 is getting in here. I hope it's just because you guys weren't wowed by the first episode, because pretty much the entire rest of the internet loves it. Or at least have enough fans to vastly outnumber the haters.

Gaf is weird sometimes.

How I see E7,
Good: Music, Charles
Bad: Everything single thing else sucks about this show.

yami4ct

Gaf is weird sometimes.

I like it, I really do. This would be my 3rd time around if I rewatched, which I probably won't. I cut this series a lot of slack because the action is great and the insane twist is fun.

Gaf is weird sometimes.

There's a hell of a lot of haters too and have been since 2005. There might be more lovers, but that doesn't negate the amount of hate it gets.

I dropped it at episode 32. It's one of the few works of fiction to actually make me angry.

yami4ct

Just wait till the robots start spinning and flipping in the air and shit. It looks amazing.

I might cut in 30 episodes in or so when the series really gets good just to see some of that hot mech action. The fights near the end are super well done and the music fits in real well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There's a hell of a lot of haters too and have been since 2005. There might be more lovers, but that doesn't negate the amount of hate it gets.

I dropped it at episode 32. It's one of the few works of fiction to actually make me angry.

What made you angry?

Okay so I guess I understand the hate for the show, the voices are annoying and the kid.....sucks

He spends a good part of the series getting dumped on by just about everyone, most especially Holland his former-idol (which makes the hero worship in the first ep the most delicious bit of comedic foreshowdowing.)

yami4ct

Ya know a Toonami show I could never get into: Trinity Blood. Now THAT was a shitty show.

Oh god, I dislike a lot about DW, but Trinity Blood was one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's like all the things I despise about DW without the fun.

gosox333

Can't say I remember anything like that that would make somebody truly angry. I get not liking it, but what pissed you off?

EDIT: Youch. To each his own, I guess.

Astral

Ya know a Toonami show I could never get into: Trinity Blood. Now THAT was a shitty show.

That was Adult Swim but yeah that shit sucked. I couldn't stand it.

Around what episode of Eureka does Renton meet that couple with the LFOs? I think I started liking it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom