• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bleach and samurai. 7 don't interest me and I'm not gonna wait until cashern sins when I can just wake up and watch it on OnDemand(Comcast)

I'm sorry, I just randomly entered this thread to see what's up with Toonami since I haven't tuned in for about a month.....

AND SAMURAI 7 IS AIRING TONIGHT? IS IT DEBUTING TONIGHT?

Seda

I'm sorry, I just randomly entered this thread to see what's up with Toonami since I haven't tuned in for about a month.....

AND SAMURAI 7 IS AIRING TONIGHT? IS IT DEBUTING TONIGHT?

Episode 3.

And you missed the end of Deadman and the best Casshern episodes yet (assuming you haven't seen them before)

Episode 3.

And you missed the end of Deadman and the best Casshern episodes yet (assuming you haven't seen them before)

Oh, thanks!

I've seen Casshern before and Deadman Wonderland didn't intrigue me that much....BUT I am hyped to watch Samurai 7 again, will tune in tonight fosho.

Seda

Quoted for new page. I'll watch it since I hear bleach has some good fights.

They spend a lot of time talking though. Bleach very occasionally has some good fights, but a lot of the time is spent on some of the worst banter you'll ever hear.

I liked the show a considerable amount throughout the rescue Rukia segment. Since then I've hoped it reach those levels again, but it never has...

I still find enjoyment in watching the show with GAF and poking fun at it.

The spend a lot of time talking though. Bleach very occasionally has some good fights, but a lot of the time is spent on some of the worst banter you'll ever hear.

I liked the show a considerable amount throughout the rescue Rukia segment. Since then I've hoped it reach those levels again, but it never has...

I still find enjoyment in watching the show with GAF and poking fun at it.

Isn't that like the 2nd and 3rd season of the show? I mean, after that arc Bleach kinda disinterested me...but has there been any arc that was at least half as exciting as the Rescue Rukia one?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Quoted for new page. I'll watch it since I hear bleach has some good fights.

I watched the Ichigo/Byakuya fight on YouTube with all the BS cut out and it was actually pretty nice (and only around 25 mins.) I think it was stretched out to like 10 eps in the original. Ugh.

So much wasted potential.

Edit- It was eps 55 through 59. Still, that's a bit much for what could have been accomplished in two eps WITH a subplot.

Kusagari

Isn't that like the 2nd and 3rd season of the show? I mean, after that arc Bleach kinda disinterested me...but has there been any arc that was at least half as exciting as the Rescue Rukia one?

Pretty much everyone, except DTL, agrees that's the best part of the series and it's just downhill from there.

In terms of scale and constant insanity, not really. Kind of odd since the arrancar arc is basically a retread of that, but with "rescue Orihime" instead. It does have some really good fights though imo. I might even say Ichigo vs Ulquiorra is one of the best in the series.

Seda

yeah. I've watched it up to the current airing and it never really does get back to that level. It was maybe okay when it became "rescue Orihime", which is still currently where we are, but not only has it been separated by 2 or 3 long filler sessions, even the canon arcs are really drawn out. There's also too many stupid characters now. Also stupid enemies.

Damn, well I'll give it a chance. If anything it'll make a good show to watch with GAF. Casshern is really spoiling me with the action though.

Seda

Damn, well I'll give it a chance. If anything it'll make a good show to watch with GAF. Casshern is really spoiling me with the action though.

It's still fun to watch with GAF because it's humorous. Some of the jokes GAF makes are great. You guys are funny.

Pretty much everyone, except DTL, agrees that's the best part of the series and it's just downhill from there.

Definitely yo!

In terms of scale and constant insanity, not really. Kind of odd since the arrancar arc is basically a retread of that, but with "rescue Orihime" instead. It does have some really good fights though imo. I might even say Ichigo vs Ulquiorra is one of the best in the series.

Oh really? I'll check out the Arrancar arc later when I'm bored...thanks!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm invigorated from the return of Doctor Who so I'm all ready for Toonami.

This is a classic Boondocks episode. I can't wait for Season 4 of this, and Season 5 of Venture Bros.

Seda

Mostly for me. I've been having trouble with names in Samurai 7...

A758476249e5b0_full.png

This is Kanbei

Katsushiro.jpg

This is Katsushiro

202px-Kikuchiyo.jpg

This is Kikuchiyo

228px-0539.jpg

This is Kirara

4886129.jpg

This is Komachi

th

And this is Ukyo