• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

Keep in mind that Yu Yu Hakusho is, what, 112 episodes? It would take more than two years to get through... and how many people are honestly that invested in a show they already saw a decade ago?

(I mean, I'd watch it, but, then again, I'm the sort of person who talks about cartoons on a message board while I'm watching them.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Keep in mind that Yu Yu Hakusho is, what, 112 episodes? It would take more than two years to get through... and how many people are honestly that invested in a show they already saw a decade ago?

(I mean, I'd watch it, but, then again, I'm the sort of person who talks about cartoons on a message board while I'm watching them.)

Hey, we're the kind of people who brought Toonami back in the first place. What matters is if we'll watch it. :p

And hell yeah I would, I never got through the first arc of YYH originally and I'm chomping at the bit to actually go through the whole series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

What else are they going to show though? It looks like they're just going through funimation's catalog. I mean they could grab something like FMP instead, but it doesn't have the rabid fanbase YYH does. Maybe they'll replace bleach with YYH after it ends in 12 years.

I'm not going to say who I voiced because of reasons, lol. I'm proud of the work that I did but I like keeping it private (that way I'll be able to hear honest feedback). That said, my character's still around for a little while longer so we'll see. :)

Would you be willing to tell us after the show finishes airing? :O

jph139

What else are they going to show though? It looks like they're just going through funimation's catalog. I mean they could grab something like FMP instead, but it doesn't have the rabid fanbase YYH does. Maybe they'll replace bleach with YYH after it ends in 12 years.

Shorter shows would probably draw in more viewers with less fatigue. Stuff like Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Big O... they have that nostalgia draw, but with much less investment length-wise.

I'd be all on board with YYH (even though I have the DVDs) but I feel like another huge Shonen on the block is probably a poor purchase. Unless FUNi is practically giving it away.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I do find it odd that in all my internet travels I've never once met someone who has said they watch Bleach on AS/Toonami, and yet it pulls these huge numbers. Maybe that's a blessing. :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The same people that criticize or don't watch Bleach despite having the best ratings every week? :p

I don't think those people post here. You'd find them on adultswim's official site or GameFAQs or Gaia or some other site that still thinks Bleach is good. *looks at Manga-GAF* Ugh...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I do find it odd that in all my internet travels I've never once met someone who has said they watch Bleach on AS/Toonami, and yet it pulls these huge numbers. Maybe that's a blessing. :p

I'd imagine a lot of people in the anime community watched the fansubs and were way ahead. I mean I don't watch it on Toonami, but I've been with Bleach since Episode 1 in 2004.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't think those people post here. You'd find them on adultswim's official site or GameFAQs or Gaia or some other site that still thinks Bleach is good. *looks at Manga-GAF* Ugh...
Bleach is horrible. It had a manga filler. Yes, that fullbring arc FELT EXACTLY like filler

But he said we're the people who brought Toonami back, so why is the biggest show not big around here?

We're just a grain of sand in the Toonami community desert. It just happens to be one awesome grain.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But he said we're the people who brought Toonami back, so why is the biggest show not big around here?

We're just a grain of sand in the Toonami community desert. It just happens to be one awesome grain.

I think Bleach is the outlier. I think ToonamiGAF accurately represents (on a smaller scale) the group that brought Toonami back. I mean heck, Bleach was apart of Adult Swim before Toonami so that shouldn't even factor into things.

I think Bleach is the outlier. I think ToonamiGAF accurately represents (on a smaller scale) the group that brought Toonami back. I mean heck, Bleach was apart of Adult Swim before Toonami so that shouldn't even factor into things.

Yeah, but its ratings have gone up. If it was just people like the ones in this thread checking it out for the first few weeks because Toonami was back, then the ratings would have dropped after a few episodes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well we're all watching it even though we don't really care for it. The Toonami faithful have been roped into watching Bleach, kind of whether they like it or not.

There's Bleach fans, the Toonami faithful, and an overlap that watches Bleach on Toonami (in addition to the separate group of Bleach fans.) When I'm talking about Toonami GAF, I'm talking about the Toonami faithful including that portion that watches Bleach, but not including only-Bleach fans, who were watching the series before Toonami restarted.

Bottom line, I do think we represent the group that brought Toonami back. Heck, some of our words have even reached Funimation! :p

Well we're all watching it even though we don't really care for it. The Toonami faithful have been roped into watching Bleach, kind of whether they like it or not.

There's Bleach fans, the Toonami faithful, and an overlap that watches Bleach on Toonami (in addition to the separate group of Bleach fans.) When I'm talking about Toonami GAF, I'm talking about the Toonami faithful including that portion that watches Bleach, but not including only-Bleach fans, who were watching the series before Toonami restarted.

Bottom line, I do think we represent the group that brought Toonami back. Heck, some of our words have even reached Funimation! :p

I mean isn't the point of Toonami and other animation blocks to get you to watch shows you normally wouldn't watch in a setting like this? I'm sure most people watched and got into shows like Sailor Moon, Reboot, and Tenchi Muyo! because they came on during the Toonami block and we had nothing better to do while waiting for DBZ to come on

Awesome! Good to hear you guys are enjoying it. I totally agree that we did an amazing job getting Eric as the Cashew himself but honestly, the entire cast is incredible. I loved working with the actors that I did.

I'm not going to say who I voiced because of reasons, lol. I'm proud of the work that I did but I like keeping it private (that way I'll be able to hear honest feedback). That said, my character's still around for a little while longer so we'll see. :)

PS: Yes Andrex, some of your comments were seen. I recognize your username so that's the only reason I remember, haha.
You're Ringo aren't you? Anyway you guys should try to get Baccano! on Toonami. You guys did a phenomenal job on that dub with all of the accents.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol if it was Ringo then she'd be a voice in like every show on Toonami right now. :p

It's probably a VA that's only in Casshern (among the Toonami lineup), and is a secondary/recurring character.

That leaves:

- Ohji
- Ringo
- Lyuze
- Friender?
- Luna
- Braiking Boss
- Dio
- Leda
- Dune

It's probably one of the last three. Figuring out Afro's gender would narrow it down further. :p

Lol if it was Ringo then she'd be a voice in like every show on Toonami right now. :p

It's probably a VA that's only in Casshern (among the Toonami lineup), and is a secondary/recurring character.

That leaves:

- Ohji
- Ringo
- Lyuze
- Friender?
- Luna
- Braiking Boss
- Dio
- Leda
- Dune

It's probably one of the last three. Figuring out Afro's gender would narrow it down further. :p

He's Braiking Boss. The friendly diction and cadence of his posts are just to throw us off from his ultimate trolling

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I feel like such a villain for liking Bleach.

Don't.

This airing of Bleach is really disjointed and people who are coming back will no doubt be thrown off. Its easy to hate from that kind of position.

Nevertheless, when Bleach is good its good. All shonen cheese aside anyways...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
When Bleach is good, it's OK. When it's not, which is usually, then it's agonizing to watch.

Articalys

Interesting -- the Asia Pacific branch of Turner Broadcasting is planning on launching a Toonami channel in Southeast Asia next year, though from the description in the press release it sounds like a combination of the old Toonami anime block plus other recent Cartoon Network superhero cartoon shows. So maybe not quite what you may have been expecting from the article title, but still shows how far the brand name has come.
Toonami, which is based on the hit programming block of the same name on Cartoon Network in the US, is a 24-hour action and anime destination designed for viewers seeking a full tilt, over the top, rollercoaster ride of adventure, quips, drama and a whole lot more. The multiplatform, multi-language channel will feature an expansive line-up of top-rating series including Young Justice, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Dragon Ball Z.

[...]

About Toonami

Toonami is the ultimate home of the superhero. Packed with high-octane, top rating adventure series, Toonami is a dedicated destination for action and anime enthusiasts. A socially-charged, multiplatform experience, it's a full-on boys' superhero fantasy: a full tilt, over the top, roller- coaster ride of adventure, quips, drama and a whole lot more. Featured action franchises include Young Justice, Dragon Ball Z, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Toonami is operated and distributed in Asia by Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Inc., a Time Warner Company.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Ichigo continues his fight with the ridiculous looking Ulquiorra, Kirara's growing band of friends is forced to protect her from the forces of the magistrate, and Casshern meets up with Ringo once again. Later, Renton learns a little bit about Gekkostate's true nature, Edward meets up with Hohenheim, and the Laughing Man case spirals out of control on Ghost in the Shell.

12:00 - Bleach - 270 - The Beginning of Despair... Ichigo, the Unreachable Blade
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 4 - The Loner
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 16 - For the Strength to Believe
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 4 - Watermelon
2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 47 - The Emissary of Darkness
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 6 - MEME

Interesting -- the Asia Pacific branch of Turner Broadcasting is planning on launching a Toonami channel in Southeast Asia next year, though from the description in the press release it sounds like a combination of the old Toonami anime block plus other recent Cartoon Network superhero cartoon shows. So maybe not quite what you may have been expecting from the article title, but still shows how far the brand name has come.

late post but that sounds like classic toonami

J-Roderton

I've been at work since 10am and looks like I'm going to be here another 4 hours. I'm going to miss Toonami. No way I can catch the replays because I have to be right back here at 9 am. Thankfully you guys pretty much do a play by play posting here, but damn, I wanted to see some new Samuari!

In the mean time, I could start doin' some edits of these, what do you guys think?

f8d94b77e84bc3e262f7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom