• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But no seriously..that wasn't too bad.

I guess I can put up with a lot of bullshit.

Will stick with this show....maybe. I'll see what I feel like after the first week of my job.

I can watch it on crunchyroll (dub and all) if all else fails.

Night everyone...

I'm still feeling the whatever the fuck from Casshern.

Ezalc

Looks like this now too

ben-10-omniverse.jpg

Was never a fan but holy shit at the downgrade.

Wait this is fanart right? Please tell me it's fanart.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If it makes anyone feel better, this is the worst episode of E7 by a very significant margin.

Eh, there's one other episode I consider worse, and another one that's pretty close to it. And there is the one somewhat unnecessary recap episode coming in about 2 months.

But that's about it out of all 50 episodes.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hap-crack. What we all needed to see.

Geeze, I'd much rather prefer a character building episode like this, than the useless fanservice-just-because episodes some series make. I like the fact Renton was able to face the problems of the kids, figure out his understanding of the situation, and resolve it, ALL WITHIN AN EPISODE!

So many shows would keep that specific idea up for half a season or something. But Renton gets respect points slowly, and pulls people into understanding him one at a time. What's to hate about that?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hap-crack. What we all needed to see.

Geeze, I'd much rather prefer a character building episode like this, than the useless fanservice-just-because episodes some series make. I like the fact Renton was able to face the problems of the kids, figure out his understanding of the situation, and resolve it, ALL WITHIN AN EPISODE!

So many shows would keep that specific idea up for half a season or something. But Renton gets respect points slowly, and pulls people into understanding him one at a time. What's to hate about that?

some people are gonna be like "fuk these kids" regardless

theres more than one way to character build too. its an opinion type of thing. a lot of people just truly, truly can't stand the way e7 does it

Seda

I'm pretty meh on E7 so far, but I'm willing to watch it through.

I'm not saying that every anime should take itself super seriously, but there's way too much...childish slapstick I think.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I'm not saying that every anime should take itself super seriously, but there's way oto much...childish slapstick I think.

It has its moments.

I think many will agree on the idea that it never should've been centered around Renton though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"You're a pretty brilliant alchemist aren't you dad?"

"Eh, I guess... it's not like I'm a walking philosopher's stone or anything. Oh wait, I totally am!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not saying that every anime should take itself super seriously, but there's way too much...childish slapstick I think.

It's pretty much all up hill from here. Next week is another wacky episode, but it's pretty hilarious. After that we start slowly inching our way into actual real plot.

Seda

It's pretty much all up hill from here. Next week is another wacky episode, but it's pretty hilarious. After that we start slowly inching our way into actual real plot.

I'll watch regardless, I can find enjoyment out of it even if it's poking fun at the show, like with Bleach.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
some people are gonna be like "fuk these kids" regardless

theres more than one way to character build too. its an opinion type of thing. a lot of people just truly, truly can't stand the way e7 does it

Yeah, it just gets kinda goofy. One breath, everyones complaining about bleach because it takes forever to get anything done, and then you have a show which is (at this point) answering and completing an idea in each episode (way too unusual for anime, unfortunately), and all everyone can see is "OMG, Young people in the cast!" .... yeah, it's anime. They love the emotions and thoughts that come with these ages of life...

I find it kinda nice ATM. The humor isn't TOO forced, and there's some real peril going on in each event, even if the main characters don't notice it all the time. It's kinda subtle, and that's nice, because normally anime explains EVERYTHING to you, and that does get very silly.

I'm OK with seeing things through Renton's view. Especially since (much like original Gundam), it helps elevate the decisions and strength of the "adults" around him (Who are pretty young adults for the most part).

It has its moments.

I think many will agree on the idea that it never should've been centered around Renton though.

Hmm. I dunno. Most anime series are about some kind of growing experience, and looking at this through younger eyes is a good way to explore a wider range of emotions. Because generally, older people are more jaded, and the wonder and comedy is ignored.

Even FMA is a show made better by it's young protags, rather than focusing on Mustang, Scar, or Hoenhiem.

I like mixed race-and-age cast, where every character seems to have a purpose. Makes the story feel much more interesting than just seeing one type of character, over and over. Youth fits better with the outlandish nature of anime, and as long as it's done well, it's pretty entertaining. And I prefer it MUCH more than the crazy amount of Fart jokes and bodily humor stuff US kids TV seems to squeeze in there all the time.

Jintor

Pride on drums, sloth on electric guitar, envy on bass, lust on vocals

/edit I really love how kimblee's mooks became relatively major characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom