• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Like I said, the end of this episode was soooo awesome.

(I almost believed Major stabbed him in the scene coming up. Pretty convincing.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I can't take her seriously with those shades on. So damn ridiculous.

The SHADES get you? Not the fact that she runs around in a one-piece with stockings (or in the Manga, has to get naked to go invisible, if I remember right)?

The Major's design is insanely goofy VS how strong a character she is. It all MEANS something to the show, I know, but I cherish the times we get to see the Major actually dress for success.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Togusa is awesome.

Not really any reason to say that right now, but I just felt like saying it. He gets screwed so bad at the end of this season/start of 2ng Gig.
KuGsj.gif

Crispin Freeman voices him perfectly.

Jintor

The SHADES get you? Not the fact that she runs around in a one-piece with stockings (or in the Manga, has to get naked to go invisible, if I remember right)?

The Major's design is insanely goofy VS how strong a character she is. It all MEANS something to the show, I know, but I cherish the times we get to see the Major actually dress for success.

Well, it kind of half doesn't matter since she's got a robot body and whatnot, but also kind of does.

yami4ct

She suffers greatly from a problem ever present in both eastern and western media. She's an awesome, strong, female character over sexualized almost to the point of ridiculousness. I still like her, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 273 - Fury of the Shark! Halibel's Release
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 7 - The Friend
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 19 - Believe in the Flower that Lives in Your Heart
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 7 - Absolute Defeat
2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 50 - Upheaval in Central
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 9 - CHAT! CHAT! CHAT!

Later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The watch thing is explained in the movies right? Cause I don't remember them explicitly saying the reason she wears it in SAC.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
She suffers greatly from a problem ever present in both eastern and western media. She's an awesome, strong, female character over sexualized almost to the point of ridiculousness. I still like her, though.

Eh, her wardrobe gets much better in 2nd GIG.

Jintor

The watch thing is explained in the movies right? Cause I don't remember them explicitly saying the reason she wears it in SAC.

I think it's a momento from when she wasn't full prosthetic. I can't remember precisely though - it's been years since I've seen all of GiTS

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, it kind of half doesn't matter since she's got a robot body and whatnot, but also kind of does.

Yup, sure, Robot! Shirow told me that, but I still don't believe him!

Naa, not almost, it IS ridiculous, lol. But, as seen at the end of this ep, she's self aware of all of this, and the story is written in such a way as to make you think "All this visual hangup is just a bother, anyway!", extremly convenient!

It's kinda fun how she tries to own all sides of her personality and appearance. But I can't help but think, every once in a while, how different it'd all play out if she dressed like a FMA State Alchemist every once in a while...

Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character, especially with Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn voicing her. She'll always Win for this Awesome Remix of Top Gun's Danger Zone, sooo... (I'd love to see an AMV of Major singing this, just because.)

Watching Bleach for the first time right now... my god it's so bad. first they're fighting this one monster who can create an army out of thin air and they freeze them to get to him, and then when they're about to kill him they get interrupted by some big meathead who wants to kill them, but before that can happen some other monster interrupts him... it's like some bad pro wrestling shit.

Seda

Watching Bleach for the first time right now... my god it's so bad. first they're fighting this one monster who can create an army out of thin air and they freeze them to get to him, and then when they're about to kill him they get interrupted by some big meathead who wants to kill them, but before that can happen some other monster interrupts him... it's like some bad pro wrestling shit.

The only decent part of Bleach (the only part that I actually found even a bit enjoyable) was the "Rescue Rukia" bit early on.

Now I just laugh at it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF.

I look forward to the reactions to Bleach next week. Here's what happens in spoiler tags:
Yammy reveals himself to be the 0th Espada, not the 10th. For the longest time, the Espada went from 1 to 10, with Starrk as 1st. But then Yammy reveals he's really the 0th and even includes the line "Whoever said the Espada went from 1 to 10?" It's grade-A Kubo trolling, and turned off a lot of people from the series.

Seda

I look forward to the reactions to Bleach next week. Here's what happens in spoiler tags:
Yammy reveals himself to be the 0th Espada, not the 10th. For the longest time, the Espada went from 1 to 10, with Starrk as 1st. But then Yammy reveals he's really the 0th and even includes the line "Whoever said the Espada went from 1 to 10?" It's grade-A Kubo trolling, and turned off a lot of people from the series.

I don't care enough to stay spoiler free.

I was wondering why there's a small clip of an ominous looking Yammy face in the sky in the intro.

If I cared about the plot in the series, that might upset me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

So then,
"Nappa" Reveals he's actually been more powerful than "Vegeta" and the other Saiya-jin, all along?
I.... don't mind this, entirely. Might as well mess with the common stereotypes a bit.

But how long is it going to take to resolve this little issue? That's where the annoyance for me starts to come in.

Oh, and criticism of stupid shonen ideals for last nights episode: Ichigo, protecting Orihime includes doing what is best for her, and keeps her in her best mental state as well, right? How do you "Protect" the girls heart ("Just please, don't get hurt, I couldn't bare it!") by offering your enemey the chance to mutilate you before her eyes? I respect his desire for a fair fight, but that was one of the most dumb, self-centered, inconsiderate things to say, anywhere.

And the whole "THIS ISN'T HOW I WANTED TO DEFEAT YOU!!!"... So, you take a dying man's wish, spit in his face, and are just concerned with how YOU feel, when he's asking you to give the battle, and ultimately his life, a satisfying end? C'mon now...

Ahh well Ulky, you were offed by "Gohan's untapped potential".

So then,
"Nappa" Reveals he's actually been more powerful than "Vegeta" and the other Saiya-jin, all along?
I.... don't mind this, entirely. Might as well mess with the common stereotypes a bit.
Prepare for some bullsit. *Avoid spoiler if you really dont want to know.* I didnt see the anime version, but in the manga
He gets beat by bybyakuya and Kenpachi off panel

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Prepare for some bullsit. *Avoid spoiler if you really dont want to know.* I didnt see the anime version, but in the manga
He gets beat bybyakuya and Kenpachi off panel

Haha, that's "great". Sounds like a perfect thing to draw out and expand on in the anime, though...

Seda

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1

Okay #toonami fans, since it's fucking leaked b/c the internet sucks, here's the news: starting next week, Toonami expands to 6 hours from midnight-6am, without repeating from 3a-6a. I'm happy to announce that we will also be running the great SYM-BIONIC TITAN, and the also great new THUNDERCATS! Also, BEBOP will make it's return, running from 5a-6a. Finally, this Saturday we'll start running a new lineup spot that gives you the whole rundown, which will air every night for a whole. Hope this news makes you guys as happy as it does us, and finally- FUCK THE INTERNET FOR SPOILING EVERYTHING. <3, #toonami.

lol that's what I get for paragraphing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom