• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Al should have killed Pride when he had the chance.

lK9gu.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BADASS COAT PULLON + SUNRISE + THIS MUSIC = OMFG BADASS MOMENT OF THE FOREVER

You should really pick up your helmet, Al.

Lol, no no, Pride should get to finish his song!

Unless you're Mustang.

Well yeah. :p

Unless Al had explosive flame powers I didn't know about, it'd be pretty hard for him.

Plus, flames would cast shadows...

Dead

well not really...yet
A decent write up on Eureka Seven episode 6:

Again, the returning idea is that Renton’s naivete and self-importance is preventing him from fitting in in its immature demonstrations. A flashback to his time as an orphan shows him expecting maternal affection from his sister but then a subsequent scene shows him rejecting her authority in this maternal role. The shift in tone between these flashbacks mirrors the building up of an idealised image and then knocking it down with realism that has defined the entire first arc of the series. The audience once again sees both sides of Renton – how he sees himself and his treatment, and how the others see it.

--

he (Renton) recognises that he is still a child and is beholden to the same rules as the other children (which should include Eureka) – this cementing of his position within the hierachy and making peace with his former enemies now also cements a new enmity – one instigated by Holland and based around a need for discipline and control. Holland is now clearly shown as no peer to Renton, and no friend. Instead he is the captain of a ship, and a father figure to an errant child who has shown no desire to be controlled or disciplined.

In the end, this final scene provides a stark contrast with the final scene of episode 5, when Renton still sees Holland as a potential peer; while his illusion is beginning to fail as he realises he needs to be older to truly be friends with the adults, he still has hope that the relationship can be a peer – not a parental one.
http://superfani.com/2012/06/06/a-c...-parent-figures-in-episode-6-of-eureka-seven/

The beginning of the series is essentially a gradually faltering illusion for Renton.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, Motoko's Bret Hart shades.

Oh, in case anybody was interested, the Adult Swim lineup prior to Toonami changes next week. Instead of Home Movies-KOTH-KOTH-Family Guy-Black Dynamite-Boondocks, it's going to be Venture Bros.-Family Guy-Family Guy-The Cleveland Show (Adult Swim Debut)-Black Dynamite-Boondocks.

B.K.

Well yeah. :p

Unless Al had explosive flame powers I didn't know about, it'd be pretty hard for him.

Plus, flames would cast shadows...

Pride has the body of a child. It wouldn't be hard for Al to snap his neck enough for Pride's Philosopher's Stone to run out of power.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pride has the body of a child. It wouldn't be hard for Al to snap his neck enough for Pride's Philosopher's Stone to run out of power.

Did you forget the chimera dude wailing on Pride's body in the pitch black two episodes ago? Didn't do much of anything.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What a horrible UI.

Pig faces for asterisks? Tachikoma for mouse cursor? Ugly aesthetics on windows?

Also, what was up with those giant keyboard keys...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A decent write up on Eureka Seven episode 6:

http://superfani.com/2012/06/06/a-c...-parent-figures-in-episode-6-of-eureka-seven/

The beginning of the series is essentially a gradually faltering illusion for Renton.

Heh. Yeah, not bad at all. It's nice to notice that the Adults and Kids all are sitting in their own personal groups, by episode's end. (Except a few from each camp). Even if Renton's concept of maturity is flawed, he at least pulled off one "adult" trick; He let his actions speak true for himself, and created an example that gives others something to follow.

Much the same thing Holland is trying to do, with handing out that punishment.

I always found it so funny that Holland seemed to even be threatened by Renton, in any way, within the series. Believeable, though. Kinda sucks when you've tried so hard at things, have so much experience... then some brat kid appears, and shows up so much of what you believe in. Kinda like watching old Amuro Ray interact with Young Amuro.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wonder how they'll up the ante on Taken 3.

This time... Liam Neeson's dog is taken. To the moon. By terrorist aliens.

Dead

well not really...yet
Heh. Yeah, not bad at all. It's nice to notice that the Adults and Kids all are sitting in their own personal groups, by episode's end. (Except a few from each camp). Even if Renton's concept of maturity is flawed, he at least pulled off one "adult" trick; He let his actions speak true for himself, and created an example that gives others something to follow.

Much the same thing Holland is trying to do, with handing out that punishment.

I always found it so funny that Holland seemed to even be threatened by Renton, in any way, within the series. Believeable, though. Kinda sucks when you've tried so hard at things, have so much experience... then some brat kid appears, and shows up so much of what you believe in. Kinda like watching old Amuro Ray interact with Young Amuro.
Holland feeling threatened by him makes sense when you consider Holland's own arrested development early on. Its an interesting thing just how similar both of them are, just at opposite ends of the age spectrum

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I use bing.

I get MS points.

Googles "Search by time" Is so much better than bing can do. Often, I just turn up with totally out-dated searches on Bing.

Bing for MS points IS great though, but I usually turn to Google to find what I ACTUALLY want...

both of them suck for searching for Animated Gifs though. I don't understand this. Why isn't that an option in Image searches?

Holland feeling threatened by him makes sense when you consider Holland's own arrested development early on. Its an interesting thing just how similar both of them are, just at opposite ends of the age spectrum

-nod- Yup. It was a cool thing to realize as the series went on, too. The women they fall for, the women they look to for advise, the people they respect...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How did that flimsy tin roof not collapse when that three-ton Tachikoma fell four stories onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom