• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I never saw Thundercats? Was it bad? Or just mediocre?

They should definitely get the rights to air Outlaw Star then they can air the hot springs episode unedited.

They pretty much made lion o seem like an idiot throughout the entire show. Then there's the cheetara stuff....

Amikami

Banned

They should definitely get the rights to air Outlaw Star then they can air the hot springs episode unedited.

I was watching it until it moved to an early Saturday morning time slot and after that I didn't bother to see it anymore, because it wasn't good enough to wake up early on a Saturday, unlike Korra in which case I didn't mind at all. But it was okay. Not great, but good enough. I was enjoying it and planned on marathoning later. I heard it grew kinda bad later though. Overall, the story wasn't executed the best it could have been(this is the complaint I hear anyway). I'll give it another chance now that toonami has it and will see for myself. I can say that the early episodes aren't half bad though. Pretty good actually.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

They tried to combine elements of the old with the new. It looks like it would be serialized and lead to something, but like the old would have a lot of episodes of meandering filler.

There were good ideas in place, but a lot of subpar execution. Though I do like the idea of Lion-O being a spoiled teen rather than an adult with a child's mind due to rapid aging. Plus, Snarf was sooo much better in the new series, because he didn't talk.

I've been a supporter of American shows on the new Toonami, but I kind of assumed they'd be new shows, made with the feel of the new lineup and its new timeslot and new demographic in mind.

There's an obvious difference between Deadman/Casshern/GitS and Thundercats/Sym Biotic Titan that I'm sure people will feel going between them.

AniHawk

i hope this brings titan to the appropriate audience. it deserved a fucking finale at the very least. maybe another 6-10 episodes to wrap things up.

Started out good, became boring with signs of greatness, then bad.

They pretty much made lion o seem like an idiot throughout the entire show. Then there's the cheetara stuff....

I was watching it until it moved to an early Saturday morning time slot and after that I didn't bother to see it anymore, because it wasn't good enough to wake up early on a Saturday, unlike Korra in which case I didn't mind at all. But it was okay. Not great, but good enough. I was enjoying it and planned on marathoning later. I heard it grew kinda bad later though. Overall, the story wasn't executed the best it could have been(this is the complaint I hear anyway). I'll give it another chance now that toonami has it and will see for myself. I can say that the early episodes aren't half bad though. Pretty good actually.

They tried to combine elements of the old with the new. It looks like it would be serialized and lead to something, but like the old would have a lot of episodes of meandering filler.

There were good ideas in place, but a lot of subpar execution. Though I do like the idea of Lion-O being a spoiled teen rather than an adult with a child's mind due to rapid aging. Plus, Snarf was sooo much better in the new series, because he didn't talk.

Well that sucks.

So the OP got updated, new Toonami shows begin in 2 weeks?

Well Toonami, we got ourselves a date, until October 6.......

vAzsm.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's back to Fake Karakura and back to Hitsugaya vs. Halibel, Kambei meets an old friend, Casshern's journey is nearing its end, Renton's hazing reaches its ultimate climax, all out war breaks out in Central, and 2ch discusses the Laughing Man. It's Lucky 7 for the Lucky 7's, and the final 3 hour edition of Toonami.

12:00 - Bleach - 273 - Fury of the Shark! Halibel's Release
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 7 - The Friend
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 19 - Believe in the Flower that Lives in Your Heart
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 7 - Absolute Defeat
2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 50 - Upheaval in Central
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 9 - CHAT! CHAT! CHAT!

P.S. - The Cleveland Show is making its Adult Swim debut earlier in the night as well. Because I know everybody is probably just so excited for that.

Ponn

Banned
Welp, I think it was already pretty confirmed but if Thundercats! is on Toonami no new episodes. I really, really hate whens shows end unfinished.

Seda

Welp, I think it was already pretty confirmed but if Thundercats! is on Toonami no new episodes. I really, really hate whens shows end unfinished.

Only way it breaks hiatus is if the re-airing of the existing episodes is wildly successful, which I don't expect.

BatDan

I'd like to see a second season of ThunderCats, but I don't see it happening. If it does, they need to really tighten the focus, cut down the filler, stop all the love triangle bullshit, and undo that awful twist of
Pumyra being evil all along

So tonight's the Helene and Castor episode? Really well-acted on the part of Clarine and Jason but after the last couple weeks, don't expect a mind-blowing show.

Still a good episode, just not on the level of For the Strength to Believe or The Past Rises Before My Eyes/The Truth Illuminates the Darkness.

I'll try my best to be around for it tonight!

BatDan

So tonight's the Helene and Castor episode? Really well-acted on the part of Clarine and Jason but after the last couple weeks, don't expect a mind-blowing show.

Still a good episode, just not on the level of For the Strength to Believe or The Past Rises Before My Eyes/The Truth Illuminates the Darkness.

I'll try my best to be around for it tonight!

Question. You did the voice of Kaku for Unlimited Adventure (so hard to find a copy now, man), does this mean you're voicing him for the series? You don't work at Funimation now so I'm curious if you'll still be his voice.

Ponn

Banned
I'd like to see a second season of ThunderCats, but I don't see it happening. If it does, they need to really tighten the focus, cut down the filler, stop all the love triangle bullshit, and undo that awful twist of
Pumyra being evil all along

Huh, I actually liked that twist. Reminded me a little of what they did in those comics and made her much more interesting then the original.

Cranzor

I somehow haven't seen the news of the block expanding until now. Really great news. I have wanted to see Sym-Bionic Titan so I'm happy that it's airing. I'll probably still end up going to sleep at 3:00 am though. I really wish Toonami would start at 9 pm and end at 3 am, but that isn't going to happy anytime soon.

Khezu

Only watched like the first half of Titan, was pretty cool.

Thundercats is awful though. Boring plot, obnoxious characters, bad animation, terrible fight scenes.

Raxus

Only watched like the first half of Titan, was pretty cool.

Thundercats is awful though. Boring plot, obnoxious characters, bad animation, terrible fight scenes.

If you enjoyed the first half then you will LOVE the last half...then you will shed tears that is over just like I did...*starts bawling uncontrollably*

IT WAS TAKEN TOO SOON!

Question. You did the voice of Kaku for Unlimited Adventure (so hard to find a copy now, man), does this mean you're voicing him for the series? You don't work at Funimation now so I'm curious if you'll still be his voice.

I say "formerly" Funimation on my profile because I have a job currently with another company but I still do LOTS of voice work with them so I guess I'm technically still an employee.

And as far as I know, I'm the only Kaku so yes, I'm in Unlimited Adventure.

BatDan

I say "formerly" Funimation on my profile because I have a job currently with another company but I still do LOTS of voice work with them so I guess I'm technically still an employee.

Well, I know you're in Unlimited Adventure. I meant the actual episodes that will be on DVD (and hopefully someday, Toonami). Thanks for clarifying though.

Sonicbug

!!!!! Wait, your....

That means you voiced my favorite Baccano! Character!
I wish I had that bowing smiley gif to post...

I also wish Toonami was on earlier, especially with the extended schedule coming up. =/

Takao

Banned
Well, I know you're in Unlimited Adventure. I meant the actual episodes that will be on DVD (and hopefully someday, Toonami). Thanks for clarifying though.

No offense, but I don't know why anyone would want One Piece on Toonami. It's a kids show that's way too long for a once (or at best, twice) a week broadcast.

LycanXIII

i hope this brings titan to the appropriate audience. it deserved a fucking finale at the very least. maybe another 6-10 episodes to wrap things up.

I would hope that with Hotel Transylvania getting pretty bad reviews, that it would flop, and Tartakovsky could go back to work on it, or the Samurai Jack movie at least. But, since it's a kids movie, I have my doubts.

BatDan

No offense, but I don't know why anyone would want One Piece on Toonami. It's a kids show that's way too long for a once (or at best, twice) a week broadcast.

Because it's awesome.

My idea for starting from the beginning is to allow two episodes of One Piece to air every M-F until it gets to either Episode 167 (where it left off last time) or 207 (the official beginning of Season 4, I don't count 206 since it's the last episode of the prior arc).

If the latter is done, it could catch up in 20 weeks.

Takao

Banned
Because it's awesome.

My idea for starting from the beginning is to allow two episodes of One Piece to air every M-F until it gets to either Episode 167 (where it left off last time) or 207 (the official beginning of Season 4, I don't count 206 since it's the last episode of the prior arc).

If the latter is done, it could catch up in 20 weeks.

567 episodes and counting is an insane commitment man. Toei would be best to get it on Nicktoons and strip it, but it seems like they're not bitting so Toei's going to Neon Alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom