• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, this looks like it has the ability to surpass it. Maybe she dies the second Cash puts it in or kisses her, that could be worse.

He sticks it in, she fully rusts. Now Casshern has to worry about getting his robo-dick out without catching rust herpes himself.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So Lyuze questions her ability to fight, while she had an acid trip inbetween repeating of the same spinzaku-approved fight scene last episode. .... Yeeeeah.

She's the most competent fighter that hasn't wanted to kill Cash lately, and still questions herself. Cash redeemed it a bit by saying he has the same kinda doubts, but I would have believed her more, if she'd had more than just the one scene this episode to say "HAHA, you're a worthless fighter!"

There was no real build up of her feeling that way, but I guess the whole show just gets away with "Everyone feels like crap! Crap feelings will appear instantly!"

Love how much the show gets away with classic anime "save animation budget by using lots of stills and closeups with beautifully moving hair and sexy closeups!" Always enjoy that particular method, rather than the "Lets use a freaky style for a few episodes!" bit, as seen in Sam 7 tonight.

Dude, what is wrong with you? Empathy son.

I watch Casshern with a friend almost every week, and he says the exact same thing. We've been stuck in an existential debate since episode one on whether or not Casshern and Co. are alive. It'd be a lot easier to put up with it if he watched the show for anything other than Eric Vale :/

Also: Eureka! And we're near the end of the hazing part!
wooooooooooo

I guess it's a good thing I played Labrys' story in P4A before watching Casshern, got me in the mood of thinking robots are more human than humans lol.

yami4ct

Love how much the show gets away with classic anime "save animation budget by using lots of stills and closeups with beautifully moving hair and sexy closeups!" Always enjoy that particular method, rather than the "Lets use a freaky style for a few episodes!" bit, as seen in Sam 7 tonight.

Casshern gets away with so much because of how damn gorgeous the art looks. Heck, even if it was just a motion comic, I'd probably still love it.

So Lyuze questions her ability to fight, while she had an acid trip inbetween repeating of the same spinzaku-approved fight scene last episode. .... Yeeeeah.

She's the most competent fighter that hasn't wanted to kill Cash lately, and still questions herself. Cash redeemed it a bit by saying he has the same kinda doubts, but I would have believed her more, if she'd had more than just the one scene this episode to say "HAHA, you're a worthless fighter!"

There was no real build up of her feeling that way, but I guess the whole show just gets away with "Everyone feels like crap! Crap feelings will appear instantly!"

In Casshern, psychoses appear spontaneously!

Lot of weird metaphors in this week's episode, too. Wilted flowers, slow piercing blows with blades and open wounds. After last weeks episode...well, I'm not surprised, is all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like how no one cares there's a fully dressed dude with a camera roaming around the sauna.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If only he wasn't a dumb ass...

You've got to remember he's been getting shit on for weeks. On top of that, he only just now got released from the brig after a week in there. He's a kid who is trying to impress the adults around him.

Adults who are doing everything they can to fuck with him.

So yeah, he is pretty much "young and dumb."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You've got to remember he's been getting shit on for weeks. On top of that, he only just now got released from the brig after a week in there. He's a kid who is trying to impress the adults around him.

There are limits to this shit though, they told him a bowl of ramen was a weapon ffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

So yeah, he is pretty much "young and dumb."

the average person can only absorb so many beta-rays in one sitting

yami4ct

Yes, Renton is a dumb-ass, but I feel his stupidity is justified by his age. Most kids his age are just as stupid. Add that to the fact he's still star struck by getting to travel around with his crush and his idol, and that amps his stupid 100 fold.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There are limits to this shit though, they told him a bowl of ramen was a weapon ffs.

He has a little plastic toy that glasses huge swaths of land and annihilates whole enemy squadrons.

It's not like it's THAT illogical based on the things he's already seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom