• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"only the second time"

That's why. It isn't the first run. GAF policy is it's OK to talk about them the minute the episode premiere's end in the US.

That's fine, but you don't have to go out of your way, while the show is airing and we know there are first time viewers in the thread, to mention every relevant future spoiler that comes up. It's not like it's complicated to put the spoiler tag on it. These are ALL first run episodes on the rebranded Toonami.

Seda

I STRONGLY think spoilers should be tagged in this thread. I think if somebody spoiled Casshern Sins, people would flip out.

However, I don't think anybody here is watching FMA:B for the first time. So it's moot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is dat some JYB? Ohhh yeaaah.

That's fine, but you don't have to go out of your way, while the show is airing and we know there are first time viewers in the thread, to mention every relevant future spoiler that comes up. It's not like it's complicated to put the spoiler tag on it. These are ALL first run episodes on the rebranded Toonami.

I haven't really seen anyone complain, seems we've all seen it before. But I'll mark stuff from now on.

I STRONGLY think spoilers should be tagged in this thread. I think if somebody spoiled Casshern Sins, people would flip out.

However, I don't think anybody here is watching FMA:B for the first time. So it's moot.

Well yeah, I agree. CS is on its first run. Same with S7 (and even Bleach, although people post spoilers about that and no one seems to care. "Butterflaizen" anyone?)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

People have mentioned watching Fullmetal for the first time before. I have no idea if any are here specifically tonight, though.

Also, this episode is great.

yami4ct

Given how we're kind of a tight, insular, group I think we can kind of hash out our own spoiler policy. I've been marking anything I've felt might remotely been a spoiler, but if no one's complaining I guess it doesn't matter. It's kind of a play it by ear thing.

Also, if anyone dares spoil any Casshern, I will find them and pull a Casshern on them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Given how we're kind of a tight, insular, group I think we can kind of hash out our own spoiler policy. I've been marking anything I've felt might remotely been a spoiler, but if no one's complaining I guess it doesn't matter. It's kind of a play it by ear thing.

Also, if anyone dares spoil any Casshern, I will find them and pull a Casshern on them.

That's what I've been doing. Cassh, DMW, and S7 spoilers are a no-no, but Bleach, FMA, GitS, and Bebop spoilers have been fine.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ghost in the Pocket: Hot Alone Complex

I wonder if there's any real chatrooms like this, where people sign on for like 30 minutes to talk about a specific topic, with a difference between discussers and mere onlookers...

I wonder if there's any real chatrooms like this, where people sign on for like 30 minutes to talk about a specific topic, with a difference between discussers and mere onlookers...

Toonami-GAF is like that. We tune in once a week to chat about Toonami and the onlookers are the unapproved lurkers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Toonami-GAF is like that. We tune in once a week to chat about Toonami and the onlookers are the unapproved lurkers.

According to my sources, the GAF traffic to this thread during Toonami is roughly 20 Nanaos more than the actual post messages.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 274 - Hitsugaya, the Desperate Hyōten Hyakkasō!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 8 - The Guardians
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 20 - For Whom Do the Flowers Bloom?
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 8 - Glorious Brilliance
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 1 - Escape to Sherman High
2:30 - Thundercats - 1 - Omens, Part One
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 51 - The Immortal Legion
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 52 - Combined Strength
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 11 - PORTRAITZ
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 2 - Stray Dog Strut

Later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

I was a lurker until DMW finished. I think I was intimidated by the fact everyone loved that show and I kind of reviled it.

It was a bad show and a bad dub, but enjoyable in its insanity.

S7 is all the terrible but none of the insanity.

yami4ct

It was a bad show and a bad dub, but enjoyable in its insanity.

S7 is all the terrible but none of the insanity.

Eh, I didn't even think the insanity saved it. It was violent, obscene and dumb just for the sake of it. Also, the way it treated all the female characters really bothered me.

Looking at this thread, I seem to hold a lot of unpopular opinions. I dislike DRR, FMA:B, and DMW, but really enjoyed E7. Ehh, I'm used to having unpopular opinions.

wwm0nkey

I think after Casshern ends they need to put one classic show in its spot. Then we have a good mix of new Japanese animation, nostalgia and western animation.

Also Samurai 7 should be replaced with Darker than Black and Eureka 7 should be replaced with RahXephon (personal prefrence/good weekly structure) or a newer mecha anime.

wwm0nkey

WHAT

WHAT!

I can understand hating DMW and liking E7 (I fall into those camps too), and I don't like FMAB as much as the original (even though I do like it a lot,) but DRR?! Man, DRRR!!

I also hated the shit out of DRR, was painfully boring. Wanted to smack the fuck out of that yellow haired kid too.

yami4ct

I think after Casshern ends they need to put one classic show in its spot. Then we have a good mix of new Japanese animation, nostalgia and western animation.

Also Samurai 7 should be replaced with Darker than Black and Eureka 7 should be replaced with RahXephon (personal prefrence/good weekly structure) or a newer mecha anime.

Sadly, let's not kid ourselves, Toonami isn't going to drop a show. And for good reason. They payed good money to air it. To not air it would be like throwing the money down the toilet. Obviously, they plan to have E7 lead into AO as well.

Given that, I desperately hope they throw something new into Casshern's slot. DTB would be a good option. Tiger and Bunny is still the perfect fit for the block, but who knows if/when they can get their hands on it. They could always grab a lesser known show. I like when they find something I've never heard of. Worst/most likely thing we'll see is InuYasha:Final Act

The fact that they're double timing FMA:B gives them a great opportunity to put in a classic. YuYu would be great, but the episode count ties the slot up too long. They could always air two eps a week of that and barrel through it pretty quick, though. Outlaw Star, G Gundam and Trigun are all shows I'd love to see brought back into the fold.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The most likely scenario to me is still replacing Casshern with new Inuyasha. It would be a little over a month after the English dub premiering via Neon Alley and right before the Blu-ray release, and it would be a good way of simultaneously airing new episodes while still being something of a tthrowback.

The bigger question is what do they replace Fullmetal with when it finishes. They might just reboot it, but I'm guessing returns for Big O, FLCL, or Durarara!! might be in the works.

wwm0nkey

Sadly, let's not kid ourselves, Toonami isn't going to drop a show. And for good reason. They payed good money to air it. To not air it would be like throwing the money down the toilet. Obviously, they plan to have E7 lead into AO as well.

Given that, I desperately hope they throw something new into Casshern's slot. DTB would be a good option. Tiger and Bunny is still the perfect fit for the block, but who knows if/when they can get their hands on it. They could always grab a lesser known show. I like when they find something I've never heard of. Worst/most likely thing we'll see is InuYasha:Final Act

The fact that they're double timing FMA:B gives them a great opportunity to put in a classic. YuYu would be great, but the episode count ties the slot up too long. They could always air two eps a week of that and barrel through it pretty quick, though. Outlaw Star, G Gundam and Trigun are all shows I'd love to see brought back into the fold.

Oh I didn't mean end them now, just replace them with the suggested shows after the air time.

Also G Gundam would be pretty great but 2 episodes of YuYu each Saturday would be god like.

yami4ct

WHAT

WHAT!

I can understand hating DMW and liking E7 (I fall into those camps too), and I don't like FMAB as much as the original (even though I do like it a lot,) but DRR?! Man, DRRR!!

I felt the dialogue was heavy handed and obtuse in a severely obnoxious way. I hated 99.999999999% of the characters and the plot was meandering, random and really kind of dumb. The pacing was also absolutely abysmal for my tastes.

Seda

Fuck, I started playing Tokyo Jungle and completely forgot about Toonami ;__;

You missed crazy bad animation in S7, some serious feels in Casshern (what else), and Renton being a moron (what else). Also, Olivier Armstrong ethering it up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The most likely scenario to me is still replacing Casshern with new Inuyasha. It would be a little over a month after the English dub premiering via Neon Alley and right before the Blu-ray release, and it would be a good way of simultaneously airing new episodes while still being something of a tthrowback.

The bigger question is what do they replace Fullmetal with when it finishes. They might just reboot it, but I'm guessing returns for Big O, FLCL, or Durarara!! might be in the works.

Yes please to all of those (but especially DRRR, obviously.)

I also hated the shit out of DRR, was painfully boring. Wanted to smack the fuck out of that yellow haired kid too.

Kida doesn't get off easy though, and the whole point of his backstory was how self-centered he was...

Jintor

You missed crazy bad animation in S7, some serious feels in Casshern (what else), and Renton being a moron (what else). Also, Olivier Armstrong ethering it up.

I guess I'll watch Casshern and FMA and skim the rest... but it's not the same without the chat.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I felt the dialogue was heavy handed and obtuse in a severely obnoxious way. I hated 99.999999999% of the characters and the plot was meandering, random and really kind of dumb. The pacing was also absolutely abysmal for my tastes.

Yeah, we'll have to disagree then.

I didn't like the pacing either, at least the first half. Caused me to drop it after the 12th episode during its original Japanese run and only started watching it again because it was on AS. But man, that last half was awesome.

wwm0nkey

Yes please to all of those (but especially DRRR, obviously.)

Kida doesn't get off easy though, and the whole point of his backstory was how self-centered he was...

Still didn't care, I just simply couldn't get attached or begin to care about a single person on that show or their back story. I know people like it but something about it was just all around dull for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom