• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

And what a reward it is.

(I actually am going through Bebop again already and saw these episodes two week ago... but how can I say no?)

jph139

Smart puppy!

I've always liked the Ein is probably the smartest member of the crew... frankly they'd be a lot more successful if they put the dog in charge.

ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

See ya next week, Toonami-GAF.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 275 - The Approaching Breath of Death, the King Who Rules Over Death!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 9 - The Bandits
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 21 - Paradise of Lost Hope
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 9 - Paper Moon Shine
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 2 - Neighbors in Disguise
2:30 - Thundercats - 2 - Omens, Part Two
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 53 - Flame of Vengeance
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 54 - Beyond the Inferno
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 12 - ESCAPE FROM
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 13 - NOT EQUAL
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 3 - Honky Tonk Women
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 4 - Gateway Shuffle

Later.

jph139

Doubt I'll be staying up for the full cycle again, but, hey, it was a fun way to spend the night. Looking forward to more Titan more than anything!

Later.

Drago

Dammit, I missed Bebop. I knew I would :(

I'll try my best for next week then. I'll find some way to watch the first two episodes :/

Cranzor

Dammit, I missed Bebop. I knew I would :(

I'll try my best for next week then. I'll find some way to watch the first two episodes :/

I checked adult swim's website and they have a few episodes but not the first two.

After I saw a few episodes when Toonami first came back, I bought the DVD box set. So worth it. I'm pretty sure it's coming out on blu-ray soon though. The movie is also worth watching if you haven't seen it.

That'd actually be pretty cool if Toonami aired the movie.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I checked adult swim's website and they have a few episodes but not the first two.

After I saw a few episodes when Toonami first came back, I bought the DVD box set. So worth it. I'm pretty sure it's coming out on blu-ray soon though. The movie is also worth watching if you haven't seen it.

That'd actually be pretty cool if Toonami aired the movie.

Adult Swim has aired the Bebop movie in the past. Word from Demarco is that it's too expensive for too little benefit to go for movies any time soon with the new Toonami, though.

Bebop Movie [as] promo

Drago

Has Demarco ever said why the mid-commercial bumps (old ones from TOM 3 era) have been the exact same 5 or so ones since the block re-launched? Even on the April fools block there was a good amount more. Do they just not care to use different ones?

This has bothered me every time I watch :I

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Has Demarco ever said why the mid-commercial bumps (old ones from TOM 3 era) have been the exact same 5 or so ones since the block re-launched? Even on the April fools block there was a good amount more. Do they just not care to use different ones?

This has bothered me every time I watch :I

Lack of funding to do new renders.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They had to redo them for HD, which is something they didn't bother to do for the April Fools lineup.

Same reason why April Fools had SARA but new Toonami does not.

Drago

I think you guys may have me confused, I'm talking about the bumps with the robots (i.e. the bump with the big spherical robot shooting missiles at the rocks) and the Absolution flying around, the ones that, as far as I'm aware, are ripped directly from the TOM 3 era (I've seen the same ones in YT videos of old Toonami bumps) There are many others that they could use from the era (as can be seen from the AF block) but they stick to the same few every week.

If they actually remade/made changes to them and they can't make more for the time being, then that would make sense that they always use the same ones. :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm honestly considering Casshern Sins the best new show from the revived Toonami (not counting Sym-Bionic Titan). Deadman was fun, but it was short (not their fault, it was Japanese audiences). Casshern has interesting character development, and beautiful animation. Plus, it has me interested in the original show. I know the animation is old as hell, but I would like to see the original on Toonami.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They had to redo them for HD, which is something they didn't bother to do for the April Fools lineup.

Same reason why April Fools had SARA but new Toonami does not.

Also, TOM is a new model, or at least re-rendered. The glass in his visor takes up more of his helmet and isn't as far inset, and his paint is a more metallic, gradient blue.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They really should bankroll a Deadman Season 2 for US audiences. Surely the West latched onto that "WTF"-inducing show more than the Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom