• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The first 5 episodes of Durarara!! are also currently streaming on adultswim.com as well.

Two weeks ago it was like the last 5 episodes. I hate it when they do it rolling-style and you never know when you'll be able to watch an episode you want to.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Finally caught up on last week's Casshern.

Daaaamn. :O

Tonight: "The Paradise of Lost Hope"

The first 5 episodes of Durarara!! are also currently streaming on adultswim.com as well.
Oh man, I absolutely adored Durarara!! Imported the blu-rays, soundtrack, everything... but I've never seen Baccano! Now THAT'S something Toonami should pick up, assuming it's good! Anyone have thoughts on it? Pretty sure I bought the DVDs when they originally came out (As singles! Remember them?!) and just added them to the black hole that is my backlog.

Raxus

Oh man, I absolutely adored Durarara!! Imported the blu-rays, soundtrack, everything... but I've never seen Baccano! Now THAT'S something Toonami should pick up, assuming it's good! Anyone have thoughts on it? Pretty sure I bought the DVDs when they originally came out (As singles! Remember them?!) and just added them to the black hole that is my backlog.

WAAAAY better than Durarara!!. I adored Durarara!! as well but it takes a while to get going where Bucanno! starts out running and keeps going.

kewlmyc

WATCH BACCANO NOW. IMO, it's one of the best anime to be released last decade. The dub is also fantastic.

Mature

You really need to watch Baccano. Like, now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Finally caught up on last week's Casshern.

Daaaamn. :O

Tonight: "The Paradise of Lost Hope"

Someone is gonna get killed tonight man. We're gonna have some FEELS.

Baccano was amazing. Great characters, Issac and Miria were godlike, the story was fun and shit went down. The only problem is that it takes a few episodes to get going, I WISH they put it on Toonami.

Raxus

One more thing about Buccano!, it is one of the few anime's I recommend you only watch dubbed along with Cowboy Beebop. It actually adds a layer to the characters the sub can't reproduce. Durarara!! had the opposite problem. The English voice cast was excellent but it was, at its heart, a very Japanese show.

WAAAAY better than Durarara!!. I adored Durarara!! as well but it takes a while to get going where Bucanno! starts out running and keeps going.

WATCH BACCANO NOW. IMO, it's one of the best anime to be released last decade. The dub is also fantastic.

You really need to watch Baccano. Like, now.

Someone is gonna get killed tonight man. We're gonna have some FEELS.

Baccano was amazing. Great characters, Issac and Miria were godlike, the story was fun and shit went down. The only problem is that it takes a few episodes to get going, I WISH they put it on Toonami.

One more thing about Buccano!, it is one of the few anime's I recommend you only watch dubbed along with Cowboy Beebop. It actually adds a layer to the characters the sub can't reproduce. Durarara!! had the opposite problem. The English voice cast was excellent but it was, at its heart, a very Japanese show.
Wow, that's a ringing endorsement all around if I've ever heard one. Blu-Rays worth picking up if I can't find my DVDs? I found my shovel, just need to do some digging! By the way Raxus, comparing a dub to Cowboy Bebop's is shockingly high praise, so I'll definitely give it a try. I'm a pretty staunch sub-only person with everything SAVE for Bebop, so you hit the right button with that comparison.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Everyone should watch the Baccano dub, it should be required viewing and Toonami should put it the fuck on their line up instead of Thundercats.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Baccano! dub had a bunch of shitty accents, and Ladd's dub voice in particular was awful. Surprised by all the dub love for that.

Err...no offense, Jerry!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last week on Bleach: Hitsugaya is boring and shouldn't be this popular.
Also, massive titties.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ibvmVuj7KDZfFj.gif

This is one thing I never get in Shonen...

if you have some badass technique that can win and shit....why the fuck don't you use it right away?

I understand that we won't have a fight and stuff but still....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is one thing I never get in Shonen...

if you have some badass technique that can win and shit....why the fuck don't you use it right away?

I understand that we won't have a fight and stuff but still....

Well, we need the detailed explanation for 10 minutes and then for it to not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom