• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranzor

jbc9ov9ZrSVQ9y.png

I'm not sure if that means the old Toonami promos or new ones, but either way it's pretty cool.

Jintor

Hmm, I wonder if Gurren Lagann is affordable? I wouldn't imagine it cost that much, you know? SyFy had the rights to it, but they killed their anime block almost a year ago and don't seem to have any intention of bringing "Ani-Monday" back.

I've tried watching Deadman Wonderland, even skipped ahead of the current airings via Funimation's youtube channel. I just don't see how everyone is getting so much enjoyment out of it. It seems so cheaply produced, both the writing and the animation are terrible. Or maybe I'm just getting more cynical of programming as I get older.

You need to watch it with a crowd freaking the shit out as you watch.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah I could watch these shows on youtube, but it's more fun to pop in this thread on Saturday nights and go crazy with GAF. I mean look at the ending of last week's Casshern. NeoGAF made that funny, if I was just watching it on my own I probably would have slit my wrists.

I'm not sure if that means the old Toonami promos or new ones, but either way it's pretty cool.
It's funny how we all thought we were getting the Toonami of 1999 and we really got the Toonami of 2007.

BLEEECH

eh, at least they can improve down the line.
Yeah I could watch these shows on youtube, but it's more fun to pop in this thread on Saturday nights and go crazy with GAF. I mean look at the ending of last week's Casshern. NeoGAF made that funny, if I was just watching it on my own I probably would have slit my wrists.
OO WHEY OATSSSSSSSSSSS
OO WHEY OATSSSSSSSSSSS

i couldn't help myself

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
jbc9ov9ZrSVQ9y.png

He means the new one, with the lineup. Previously those were only running on Saturday night, which basically means Toonami was only being promoted on TV to the people who were already watching Saturday night.

More importantly, we're getting a new Toonami game review tonight.

IIRC, tonight's episode of DMW isn't that crazy, so reactions to that probably won't be as entertaining as usual. Once carnival corpse begins though, this thread will be awesome. Then it will be even more awesome at episode 6.

IIRC, tonight's episode of DMW isn't that crazy, so reactions to that probably won't be as entertaining as usual. Once carnival corpse begins though, this thread will be awesome. Then it will be even more awesome at episode 6.
I assume you've seen the anime already, I've only read the manga up to vol. 5. Am I correct in assuming tonight
we see Ganta and Co. venture into the illusive Ward G and meet the other residents with the Branches of Sin?
<-- Don't highlight this unless you want to be spoiled, guys!

The pacing is kinda tricky to pick up after only 2 eps.

I assume you've seen the anime already, I've only read the manga up to vol. 5. Am I correct in assuming tonight
we see Ganta and Co. venture into the illusive Ward G and meet the other residents with the Branches of Sin?
<-- Don't highlight this unless you want to be spoiled!

The pacing is kinda tricky to pick up after only 2 eps.

The anime actually cuts out a lot of characters, including
the other crazy Ward G people other than Minatsuki, Crow, and the people wanting to cause an uprising.

But yeah, tonight doesn't even get there. It's just
sneaking into Ward G and seeing Crow for the first time at the end of the episode.
It has been over a year though, so it might be more exciting than I remember.

The anime actually cuts out a lot of characters, including
the other crazy Ward G people other than Minatsuki, Crow, and the people wanting to cause an uprising.

But yeah, tonight doesn't even get there. It's just
sneaking into Ward G and seeing Crow for the first time at the end of the episode.
It has been over a year though, so it might be more exciting than I remember.
Yikes, why is the pacing so slow for only
episodes? That's nuts,
and it's dumb that they cut out the other Branches of Sin characters.

I really hope they get more eps. done, I expected this series to be at least a 26 ep. kind of series, if not more.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I saw that too. When he asked for suggestions, the only one he replied to positively was Dark Souls if I am remembering correctly. So I'm guessing it's that.

Yeah, I feel like Dark Souls and Journey were the ones he showed the most interest in if I remember right.

I'm guessing we get Dark Souls.

Levyne

Banned
I remember the first ~10 episodes of bleach being super boring...but I was totally absorbed for the "Save Rukia" bit....but now yeah time just to laugh (and cry)

789shadow

Banned
I remember the first ~10 episodes of bleach being super boring...but I was totally absorbed for the "Save Rukia" bit....but now yeah time just to laugh (and cry)
Honestly, they should have started that saga on Toonami. One of the most entertaining shounen arcs ever.

Azure J

Just now was the first time in almost a decade that I've heard that theme. The last time was during the promo for the Buu Saga of DBZ. HYPE.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How do the Soul Reapers in Bleach die? Aren't they technically already dead? This universe doesn't make sense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How do the Soul Reapers in Bleach die? Aren't they technically already dead? This universe doesn't make sense.

I've been saying this for like a decade.

I like how EVERYTHING that happens in the world of the living occurs in this one little Tokyo suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom