• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem with being so late at night is that airing an hour of any one show (not counting the rerun block at the end) has a pretty negative effect on every other show

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is One Piece hard to get into? I hear great things but isn't it like 500+ episodes long? :[

That's the problem. It's really long and it doesn't get legitimately great until the Grand Line (it gets really good when Arlong comes along though).

Prologue

tumblr_m5ti4j6PfQ1qgijrgo1_500.gif

it's totally happening

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2903-1354826685-1.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is One Piece hard to get into? I hear great things but isn't it like 500+ episodes long? :[

Hard to get into? No, not at all. It is problematic to try and broadcast from the beginning at this point, though.

One Piece is like candy. You can easily consume 3 or more episodes a night and blaze through it and feel like it was nothing (especially if you skip OPs, EDs, and recaps). It also helps that the series has amazing diversity and (almost) never stagnates the way a lot of other long shounen series can. Unlike most, it gets better as it goes along.

Nice Journey review.

RagnarokX

One Piece anime is almost unbearable to watch because of how terrible the pacing is compared to the manga. The manga chapters are really beefy with the amount of stuff that happens in them, but they still don't make up 20 minutes of material. The anime handles this by severely slowing down the action and inserting filler. It got really annoying around the Impel Down Arc when the anime team decided they knew better than Oda where to begin and end an episode. Episodes began beginning and ending in the middle of chapters instead of where they were supposed to.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece anime is almost unbearable to watch because of how terrible the pacing is compared to the manga. The manga chapters are really beefy with the amount of stuff that happens in them, but they still don't make up 20 minutes of material. The anime handles this by severely slowing down the action and inserting filler. It got really annoying around the Impel Down Arc when the anime team decided they knew better than Oda where to begin and end an episode. Episodes began beginning and ending in the middle of chapters instead of where they were supposed to.

That's now.
You're forgetting that early on the pacing was just fine.

Drago

Hard to get into? No, not at all. It is problematic to try and broadcast from the beginning at this point, though.

One Piece is like candy. You can easily consume 3 or more episodes a night and blaze through it and feel like it was nothing (especially if you skip OPs, EDs, and recaps). It also helps that the series has amazing diversity and (almost) never stagnates the way a lot of other long shounen series can. Unlike most, it gets better as it goes along.

Hm, this makes me really want to watch, lol. 3 eps a night is something I can probably do. I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom