• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the GXP move, are the ratings we're seeing total viewers or the demo? If they are total viewers, perhaps GXP was doing even worse in the demo, hence the quick change.

On the GXP move, are the ratings we're seeing total viewers or the demo? If they are total viewers, perhaps GXP was doing even worse in the demo, hence the quick change.

total viewers. that'd be hilarious if the only people watching Tenchi were teenagers and Adult Swim was like "WHAT IS THIS"

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I like GXP, but I'm fine with seeing it move, I guess... Been up that late on SAT's lately, might as well continue the trend! Toonami "Death Slotte'd" in just a few eps, lol.

So much Straight Shonen-style on Toonami now... I guess that kind of makes sense, but it'll be nice to get some shows that at least TRY to live up to the more mature aspects of Anime more regularly. Perhaps this is why I'm enjoying E7 on this block, right now; It's a more complex show than current Naruto or Bleach, much deeper than Thundercats ever reaches (sadly), and attempts to mix it's "character" and "action" in a balanced way, more like Sym-bionic Titan.

They weren't all the best, but I really enjoy shows like Paranoia Agent, Moribito, and Case Closed. I'd love to see something by CLAMP on here (not sure exactly WHAT, mind you...), just because they always do a good job at making works that don't fit nicely into any 1 classification or genre...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i'm pretty sure their target demographic is 18-34

That's the demographic.
That doesn't mean that a good majority of viewers are younger (or older) than that. Hell, Adult Swim shows were popular topic when I was in high school. As was Chappelle's Show.

*sees Boondocks episode airing* Wait, didn't they just air this one?

well, i mean they'd probably want their shows to have audiences primarily within that demographic.

anyway. 20 minutes!

fSV89.gif

BatDan

Didn't they say no new shows/schedule changes until Samurai 7 finishes?

Well, they already broke the schedule promise... lol

Still the same shows, so that part has stuck.
We'll see something new in February (that's when Samurai 7 finishes).

As for Bleach, still set for 2014, unless there's another break that's longer than two months, or they take two breaks in that time. Still, 2014.
I doubt the manga will be done by then, meaning we're still years away from "Bleach: The Final Act". I also don't see them pulling a DBZ Kai and producing new episodes specifically for international audiences.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alllllrighty, tuning in for Toonami! Although I'll probably tune Bleach out, considering it's a repeat and, well, Bleach.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, my mute button is getting a work out since we have already taken the piss out of this Bleach episode.

BatDan

Think they'll air the game review during Naruto? No point in airing it during a repeat.

BatDan

"They almost look new"
Yeah, I'm in the camp that it's TOM/Blum making fun of the samey-ness of Bleach. At least it's not the manga *shudders*

BatDan

At least you can skim with the manga...

True. Until you're caught up and the awful pacing hits you hard.
At least it's the final arc, but that could run for years. Especially since I have no clue how it's going to end.

BatDan

Yeah 10 episodes of s7 left

And then they cut the rest of the OPs :/

Shit, that could happen with One Piece (if they ever get it).
Then they removed the credits and the openings are waaaay longer.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Shit, that could happen with One Piece (if they ever get it).
Then they removed the credits and the openings are waaaay longer.

I would love to see one piece on toonami. That show got epically ruined by 4kids that by the time the funi dub came no one gave a shit......

BatDan

I would love to see one piece on toonami. That show got epically ruined by 4kids that by the time the funi dub came no one gave a shit......

The sad part is there's still people that think 4Kids dubs it. Even though it's been FIVE YEARS, and 4Kids aren't essentially no more at this point.

running One Piece one episode at a time would be hell, though, wouldn't it?

Not if they follow my "Air two episodes a day until caught up" plan. Not that they'll do it... but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom