• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
At least it's nice to see stable numbers from Thundercats to Titan. People really don't like Eureka...
Doing nearly the same numbers at 3 am in the show's third run on the network 6 years after its original premiere as the show running premiere episodes at 1 am is pretty darn good if you ask me...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mid-week schedule update:

12:00 - Bleach - 275 - The Approaching Breath of Death, the King Who Rules Over Death!
12:30 - Naruto - 2 - My Name Is Konohamaru!
1:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 5 - Seeing is Believing
1:30 - Thundercats - 10 - Sight Beyond Sight
2:00 - Samurai 7 - 17 - The Remembrance
2:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 10 - Lessons in Love
3:00 - Eureka seveN - 17 - Sky Rock Gate
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 4 - An Alchemist's Anguish
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 13 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 14 - Bohemian Rhapsody
5:00 - Inuyasha - 9 - Enter Shippo... Plus, the Amazing Thunder Brothers!
5:30 - Inuyasha - 10 - Phantom Showdown: The Thunder Brothers vs. Tetsusaiga

Seda

12:00 - Bleach - 275 - The Approaching Breath of Death, the King Who Rules Over Death!

Bleh, Konohamaru :/

YEAH JUPITER JAZZ

Nina....... :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Lessons in Love! Shake it! Bake it! Booty-quake it!

I wish they would get the 18-49 ratings like [as] had. Much more indicative of performance.
i'm pretty sure Eureka wasn't doing so well prior to the move, either.
It didn't do so well its first run at all. Hence my earlier comment about the numbers to directly compare them then and now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
(Possible) schedule change alert, going into effect NEXT week. The backdoor schedule just updated with this change in the last couple of hours, though the Tumblr has yet to mention it and the print schedule is too old to reflect it.

12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Naruto
1:00 - Thundercats
1:30 - Samurai 7
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan
2:30 - Eureka seveN
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(Possible) schedule change alert, going into effect NEXT week. The backdoor schedule just updated with this change in the last couple of hours, though the Tumblr has yet to mention it and the print schedule is too old to reflect it.

Seems they have noticed how GXP was hurting the ratings. I don't blame them, after four episodes it hasn't gone anywhere outside of "HE HAS BAD LUCK HAR HAR".

Show is absolutely terrible thus far, like bottom of the barrel late 90s/early 2000s pap. Struggling to see what the Toonami staff saw in it other than nostalgia. Maybe they had to agree to it to get something else?

Tamanon

Banned
Man, that dude really is unlucky.

BTW, it looks like Adult Swim still has the rights to Durarara. It's on their website still at least.

Like this one better.

Drago

Much, much better schedule

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I like this, means I can skip Bad Luck Brian if I feel like it and actually get some sleep.

Amikami

Banned

Love it! I lose my flow when I have to watch Tenchi or wait for it to be over. I may watch this weeks episodes of Cowboy Bebop though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Wooot, SBT and Eureka a half hour early!

LycanXIII

They should have just went for regular Tenchi. However, with this change, if true, I could see TCats breaking 800k and a slower drop for the rest of the shows.

Jacob

Thank God for GXP being moved back.

The Konohamaru episode of Naruto was always pretty dull to me. Can't wait for the Zabuza arc, though that doesn't start until episode 6. :/ Kakashi shows up before then, fortunately (IIRC).

What would be a good comedy anime for the block?

Maybe Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. FMP is an action-ish franchise, and while Fumoffu doesn't have as much action there's enough fighting mixed in with the comedy that I don't think it would be too out of place. It's best with context though so it might not work for Toonami.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty cool they just came out and said it wasn't performing to expectations, instead of dodging the reasons when everyone kinda knew it anyways.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thank God for GXP being moved back.

The Konohamaru episode of Naruto was always pretty dull to me. Can't wait for the Zabuza arc, though that doesn't start until episode 6. :/ Kakashi shows up before then, fortunately (IIRC).

Maybe Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. FMP is an action-ish franchise, and while Fumoffu doesn't have as much action there's enough fighting mixed in with the comedy that I don't think it would be too out of place. It's best with context though so it might not work for Toonami.

They should just show the whole damn thing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Glad Eureka is at least moving up a little earlier.

I'm sure everyone is shocked and devastated that GXP isn't getting amazing ratings.

Considering the show stars Bad Luck Brian and it not doing well can be perceived as bad luck, this is some 4th wall breaking shit right here.

Drago

The schedule will still be the same this week, though. Change doesn't happen until 12/15 according to the tumblr. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just had a dream they added .hack//Roots to 3am, and I was like, "Wtf, that show's terrible, why not Sign? But I guess some .hack is better than none..."

True story.

i think the game review is gonna be Journey; they said they were doing a PSN game review a while back.

as for the schedule change, i think it's too early to do this to Tenchi. it's like what happened to Samurai 7. a few weeks doesn't seem like enough time to judge; unless they're counting the times Tenchi killed S7's ratings, GXP has only dropped down really low twice, and one of those was Thanksgiving weekend where EVERY show did rather poorly

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Bleach focuses on Baraggan, Konohamaru makes his auspicious debut, Seina and friends break curfew, the Book of Omens detects one of the magic stones, the samurai reflect on the past, Octus gets a lesson in love, the Gekko crew sets out from the cave to get some reflection film for the ship, the Elrics meet an alchemist named Shou Tucker and his daughter Nina, Bebop brings more Jupiter Jazz and a worthy opponent for Radical Edward, and Shippo arrives on Inuyasha, meaning it's all downhill from here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why isn't E7 bolded?

Eureka is in its third run on the network. And since the inevitable question is going to be asked, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are considered separate networks that happen to share channel space, so Naruto, Thundercats, and Sym-Bionic Titan are all making their premiere runs on the network.

If I bolded "new to Toonami" episodes rather than "new to Adult Swim" episodes, the entire lineup would have been bold for close to six months until Bebop finally ran episodes that had appeared back in summer around October or November.

Here's what the "new to Toonami" bolding would look like this week:

Kinda pointless.

Fun Fact: With tonight's airing of Jupiter Jazz and Bohemian Rhapsody, every episode of Cowboy Bebop will now have appeared on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom