• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember whole fucking heads exploding in FMA. what the hell was that?

The 2003 version was generally much more violent than the manga. Scar only destroys their insides, he doesn't blow up their head. I find it bizarre (or really just plain wrong) when people accuse Brotherhood of having too many fight scenes, because the 2003 anime used as many excuses as it could to shoehorn in fight scenes and graphic mutilation.

Should have edited in that quote with my previous post.

Also, I have never found the name of the song that plays during this scene where they meet Nina.

Parallax said:
Fat ninja was in rocks too. I don't understand why bleach has its intros intact, but naruto has that.

maybe those songs were created specifically for Bleach, but that isn't the case with Naruto and they didn't want to license them?

Jintor

Two things:

This motherfucking episode ;___;

Ed is short as fuck ey. I forgot how much he grows physically throughout the series, probably one of the few I've seen that doesn't do it with timeskips

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
maybe those songs were created specifically for Bleach, but that isn't the case with Naruto and they didn't want to license them?

I haven't encountered an anime with that issue except for speed grapher. And that was because of Duran Duran in the Japanese intro.

Two things:

This motherfucking episode ;___;

Al is short as fuck ey. I forgot how much he grows physically throughout the series, probably one of the few I've seen that doesn't do it with timeskips
No, no, no. Al is the suit of armor. Ed is the shrimpy one. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'SO SHORT HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN USING A MICROSCOPE?'"

Seda

god this is so rushed.

and all the subtlety is gone. "WE'RE THE SAME. BECAUSE YOUR ARM AND YOUR BROTHER. WE'RE THE SAME!"

Yup the common complaints of Brotherhood are:

1.) First 10 or so episodes are rushed
2.) More comedic animation/slapstick throughout

The rest more than make up for it though more me to prefer it over the original FMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom