• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup the common complaints of Brotherhood are:

1.) First 10 or so episodes are rushed
2.) More comedic animation/slapstick throughout

The rest more than make up for it though more me to prefer it over the original FMA

so they picked a pretty horrible time to go down to one episode, huh?

oh jesus christ. really, brotherhood? shouting "WE'RE ONLY HUMAN!!!" at the raining, cloudy sky?

I don't like Brotherhood's "comedy," but the series isn't too rushed. It seems that way because the 2003 series constantly came up with side episodes. How long did that imposter Ed saga go for anyway? And the war veteran who refused to get an automail leg or whatever. That stuff was constant.

One thing I like about Brotherhood's version of the Nina arc is that Tucker gets dealt with right away. No creepy upside-down face Tucker. Time for Bebop.

I like older Scar. And especially having him
be the one who killed Winry's parents, rather than having it be Mustang and then never mentioning it again.
Plus I think he's one of the better dub actors here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like Brotherhood's "comedy," but the series isn't too rushed. It seems that way because the 2003 series constantly came up with side episodes. How long did that imposter Ed saga go for anyway? And the war veteran who refused to get an automail leg or whatever. That stuff was constant.

Don't forget that the only reason the Nina stuff was longer in the first anime was because they put the Alchemy Exam into it. That made up the bulk of one episode, and they also spent more time building up that this was Tucker's last chance to pass his assessment. What had been an entire sequence of scenes in the first series was basically just one line of dialogue in Brotherhood.

It's slightly rushed in Brotherhood, but only barely so compared to the first anime if you cut the fat from it. It's more that it's ALSO more maudlin than the first anime's approach to it, with more histrionics. That's what actually gets people and makes them feel it's "rushed" more than the actual pacing of things, I think.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Have they ever shown inu yashas intro on adult swim? Its really odd to do that and keep the outros, though.

Most Inuyasha episodes had no OP on Adult Swim. Only a couple early on and then a couple much much later kept them, for whatever reason.

It seems Viz completely lost the rights to the first OP, though. It doesn't appear on their streams or anything either, but some of the later OPs do. It will be interesting to see what happens when Toonami gets to those.

Don't forget that the only reason the Nina stuff was longer in the first anime was because they put the Alchemy Exam into it. That made up the bulk of one episode, and they also spent more time building up that this was Tucker's last chance to pass his assessment. What had been an entire sequence of scenes in the first series was basically just one line of dialogue in Brotherhood.

It's slightly rushed in Brotherhood, but only barely so compared to the first anime if you cut the fat from it. It's more that it's ALSO more maudlin than the first anime's approach to it, with more histrionics. That's what actually gets people and makes them feel it's "rushed" more than the actual pacing of things, I think.

Nina's blood splatter in the wall is fucking chilling, and none of the imagery in this episode approaches that.

SCARYASSMOTHERFUCKINGSHIT.png

Seda

Nina's blood splatter in the wall is fucking chilling, and none of the imagery in this episode approaches that.

I also prefer FMA's Nina storyline. Well, also the fact I didn't know it was coming probably helped.

Seriously though stick around. The Brohood episodes up to the breaking point when the plot splits in a different direction from the original anime are some of my least favorite. Unless you've already convinced yourself that nothing in FMAB can live up to FMA.

In the end, both series have some great moments worth watching each series through.

EDIT: Just gotta deal with the occasional slapstick though :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, with Jupiter Jazz done, I'm going to bail. I actually have to wake up in the morning for a change. I have no desire to watch the Shippo episodes after this Bebop episode anyway.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 276 - One Hit Kill, Soifon, Bankai!
12:30 - Naruto - 3 - Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?
1:00 - Thundercats - 11 - The Forest of Magi Oar
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 18 - The Emperor
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 9 - Tashy 497
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 18 - Ill Communication
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 6 - First Tests
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 5 - Rain of Sorrows
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 15 - My Funny Valentine
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 16 - Black Dog Serenade
5:00 - Inuyasha - 11 - Terror of the Ancient Noh Mask
5:30 - Inuyasha - 12 - The Soul Piper and the Mischievous Little Soul

Later.

Status