• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Balance / Variety are usually good things in my book

Exactly.
The point of Toonami is to "build you a better cartoon show", not "bring you a bunch of anime".
Along with not being intimidated by criminal threats.

Dats the truth. Gotta hand it to to the Toonami guys for getting so many different shows in one year.

I just wish they had gotten more quality shows. Casshern Sins and reruns of some stuff AS already aired has been the only real quality so far.

Still, letting people see Casshern Sins and Eureka Seven is a noble goal.

RagnarokX

I like how they wanted to have a cliche reflection of the missile in the closeup of his eye, but he doesn't have eyes, so they just stuck a flash of light in his empty eye socket.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just wish they had gotten more quality shows. Casshern Sins and reruns of some stuff AS already aired has been the only real quality so far.

Still, letting people see Casshern Sins and Eureka Seven is a noble goal.

They don't have a lot of money to work with, which is why they picked up Naruto so they can boost ratings. Hopefully it works so they can bring us even more awesome stuff.

They don't have a lot of money to work with, which is why they picked up Naruto so they can boost ratings. Hopefully it works so they can bring us even more awesome stuff.

Yeah, I get that.

I just wish they hadn't wasted what little money they had on Samurai 7. Surely, there was something just as cheap that wouldn't be as offensively terrible.

BatDan

Now the episode that made up 20% of modern fanfic sites.
The episode that created many, many, many Yaoi fangirls.

Jintor

Did we already get a new lineup promo? Been watching the Endurance Run instead...

God I hope they replace S7 with P4:The Animation afterwards

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What? Casshern I doubt, but Deadman Wonderland would absolutely be on [adult swim].

It would be but I doubt AS would pursue it considering all their anime acuires in the last couple years have either failed or done middling, like Death Note, DRRR, and Kekkeishi. It was clear AS was winding down their aired anime until Toonami's April Fool's thing.

This has always bothered me. Who is fat ninja?!?!? Also, Naruto is apparently an American college student. Instant noodles and spoiled milk gallore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What? Casshern I doubt, but Deadman Wonderland would absolutely be on [adult swim].

They've actually said on the Toonami Tumblr that Adult Swim did NOT have plans to air Deadman Wonderland before the Toonami guys took over.

Inner Sakura is the best thing about her character. Not that that's high praise.

B.K.

We can't have the real Toonami back because people like you complain when it isn't all anime all the time.

People like you need to stop acting like there was ever a chance of Toonami coming back. The current Toonami is nothing more than a marketing ploy for ratings. They can never replicate what Toonami was during the 90s.

thetechkid

It would be but I doubt AS would pursue it considering all their anime acuires in the last couple years have either failed or done middling, like Death Note, DRRR, and Kekkeishi. It was clear AS was winding down their aired anime until Toonami's April Fool's thing.

I don't remember how they did on the Saturday block but I liked DRRR, and Kekkeishi was alright and got me to read the manga which was amazing.

BatDan

Whenever I hear that upbeat music, I recall LittleKuriboh going "Do-do-do-do-do, I'm gonna fuck you in the ass!" in his chain-smoking Naruto voice.

pirata

all I can think of when I hear this background track is "gonna fuck you in the ass." basically, all I know about Naruto I learn from the spoof series show.

Edit: wow, beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom