• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The weird part about Sasuke? Kishimoto didn't even plan for him to be in the series. The editors wanted him to give Naruto a rival.
Somehow, he went from later thought to TAKING OVER THE WHOLE THING

Amikami

Banned
It's weird to me that they made it to that level without know that they would be put into a team. That's like the standard.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why is Chouji a ninja? Isn't the point of a ninja to be stealthy?
Oh right, I forgot this series goes all DBZ by the timeskip so that doesn't even matter.

It would be but I doubt AS would pursue it considering all their anime acuires in the last couple years have either failed or done middling, like Death Note, DRRR, and Kekkeishi. It was clear AS was winding down their aired anime until Toonami's April Fool's thing.
Ratingswise, Death Note did ok. It got 400k with a high of around 480k, however the series
post-L's Death...
bleh. It was expected to get 500k+ (gold territory for animation/FMA numbers) and it didn't.

I said after one ep. Durarara!!! would tank. Paranoia Agent did poorly, and DRRRR is no Paranoia Agent. Shows that are very talky/take alot of eps. to get good/lack action don't fit the [adult swim] demo. Never understood who they were trying to appease there.

I actually thought Kekkaishi would do well just because it's basically InuYasha-like and had Vic as the VA of Yoshimori. It actually had a ok first couple of weeks before hovering close to 300k, only occasionally getting near 350k. Now if they aired the 2nd season of it i think the ratings would be better, but I think you'd have to also air InuYasha: TFA to kind of boost the ratings of Kekkaishi.

EDIT: You gotta have a show with violence/titillation/emotional response as a hook; that or get a big name hyped to death. That is what the [adult swim] demo wants.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I'll tear into that Pocky my secret santa on another site sent me.

(I don't normally eat it, promise. Actually I don't know where I'd buy it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom