• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Man, that's the least concerned daughter ever.

"My dad just almost died, but he's gonna be ok! I wonder what I should make for dinner!"

The ancient demon mask is not only not concerned by the strange new world she's in, but can drive a firetruck.

Do Japanese people not visit family at the hospital?

"It's because I brought the jewel shards back!"

You had the entire jewel inside you before you even went to the feudal era!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This was one of the first eps I ever saw. I thought it was so cool how they also had cool dangerous stuff like this happen in the present too, just when you thought everything was going to be safe for an ep.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
THEY'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED WHY IT WANTS THE SACRED JEWEL SHARDS LIKE FOUR TIMES ALREADY

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RECAP

Ive always been curious. Are they trying to say monsters and demons actually existed in their past? Inuyasha's world isnt some sort of alternate dimension?

Sota had the right idea at first, Kagome. Zone out, don't make an expression!
How had I never made this connection before? So perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aaaaand... fade to ED.

The awesome ED.

6afuz.jpg

#NOSTALGIA

RagnarokX

the whole problem with this time travel business is now they have this shard, but it still exists in the past, too, so they're taking a time paradox duplicate back to the past.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
the whole problem with this time travel business is now they have this shard, but it still exists in the past, too, so they're taking a time paradox duplicate back to the past.

Maybe the shards themselves are time-singletons and can only exist at one point in the same time.

Ive always been curious. Are they trying to say monsters and demons actually existed in their past? Inuyasha's world isnt some sort of alternate dimension?

I've wondered this too but I just go with it. They probably are saying all this crazy stuff happened back then but it was just lost to time.

RagnarokX

Maybe the shards themselves are time-singletons and can only exist at one point in the same time.

I've wondered this too but I just go with it. They probably are saying all this crazy stuff happened back then but it was just lost to time.

But considering nothing they do in the past ever changes the future, it takes most of the suspense out of the plot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Maybe it's DBZ time travel logic. Traveling in time creates another dimension. Or, it only created another dimension the first time, then the well acts as a dimension hopper like Trunks' time machine.

thetechkid

I always figured people just thought they were myths or urban legends and that people in the present didn't actually believe monsters existed, but now that I think about it that means at some points monsters died out...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember this ep, it was sad.

Oddly, all the present episodes have a semi-horror bent. Probably because InuYasha isn't there to shonen it up usually.

thetechkid

Maybe it's DBZ time travel logic. Traveling in time creates another dimension. Or, it only created another dimension the first time, then the well acts as a dimension hopper like Trunks' time machine.

DBZ Time Travel never made sense, stop pretending you understood it.

Are all ghost children who refuse to cross-over taken to hell or just the evil ones that try to kill people? If the former, then that seems a little harsh.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
God, I wish someone would just beat the cowboy shit out of Holland. No one puts his bitch ass in check in this whole damn series.

Another Saturday night done

I'm pretty sure once episode 18 of Bebop ends, I would have finally seen at least all the episodes from start to finish. What's episode 19 about again?

789shadow

Banned
Toonami just wasn't the same without you guys. :(

Anyway, excited for the premiere of David Bowie Sensei-senpai-sama-senpai-sama-KUN this weekend.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Which series does David Bowie join?

PS We missed you

The Venture Bros. (no really)
Actually, he's referring to Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show by LittleKuriboh. It started as an April Fool's joke but evolved into a series trolling other Abridged Series and the creators of Naruto Abridged (though now it's just one creator since the other left and has even done voice work for this parody)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL430A373AEC894701 Playlist here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom