• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Non-news here, but they know what will be taking S7's spot when it's done, but they aren't giving any hints.

Not even a tiny one? It'd have to be something cheap considering they just got Naruto. I know Funi has been trying to give away One Piece. Maybe we get Tiger and Bunny, or a legit comedy show this time.

Not even a tiny one? It'd have to be something cheap considering they just got Naruto. I know Funi has been trying to give away One Piece. Maybe we get Tiger and Bunny, or a legit comedy show this time.

I'm hoping for Baccano, personally, but One Piece or Tiger and Bunny would be pretty cool. I could get behind Madoka, but I'm not sure if they would go for it.

Moaradin

I'm pretty interested in One Piece. I only saw a couple episodes when it aired YEARS ago, and I don't think that was the Funimation dub. Anime with hundreds of episodes are pretty daunting for me though. How much of that is filler and how much is worthwhile content?

789shadow

Banned
I'm pretty interested in One Piece. I only saw a couple episodes when it aired YEARS ago, and I don't think that was the Funimation dub. Anime with Hundreds of episodes are pretty daunting for me though. How much of that is filler and how much is worthwhile content?
50,51, 54-60, 93,98,99,101,102, 131-143, 196-206, 213-216, 220-226, 279-283, 317-319, 326-336, 382-384, 406-7, 426-429, 453-458, 492, 497-499, 506

^the above are filler. One Piece is excellent about not having much filler.

Drago

50,51, 54-60, 93,98,99,101,102, 131-143, 196-206, 213-216, 220-226, 279-283, 317-319, 326-336, 382-384, 406-7, 426-429, 453-458, 492, 497-499, 506

This will be of much use to me. Just started watching the series and I'm loving it so far, but I'd like to skip filler seeing as there are so many episodes to catch up on... :/

I'd watch it on Toonami for the dub.

Moaradin

Sounds good. How viable is skipping the filler though? Will you feel like you missed out and not know what's going on if you skipped those episodes? I remember watching Naruto and skipped from around 125-219 and i practically started right where I left off. Is it the same here?

Sounds good. How viable is skipping the filler though? Will you feel like you missed out and not know what's going on if you skipped those episodes? I remember watching Naruto and skipped from around 125-219 and i practically started right where I left off. Is it the same here?

A few of those have canon material mixed in, so it's not quite as seamless. A lot of it can be skipped over without missing anything, though.

Moaradin

A few of those have canon material mixed in, so it's not quite as seamless. A lot of it can be skipped over without missing anything, though.

I see. Well, I'll probably end up watching them. It doesn't seem like they go on very long and as long as they aren't terrible, I shouldn't mind it.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah, One Piece likes sticking filler in the middle of a particularly long arc (the episodes in the desert during Alabasta) and some of the stuff that isn't filler can still have stuff added in (the first game of the Davy Back fight).

Raxus

Pretty much. Heck if you are doing a speed one through one piece then fast forward through the intros and most episodes would be 15 minutes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy shit that's the only thing longer than One Piece lol

As the others have said, the anime is just a footnote compared to the manga (having just reached its 1000th chapter).

However, there's still manga longer than Ippo.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Cooking Papa, Golgo 13, and the insanely long Kochikame. These are just a few examples.

789shadow

Banned
If OP were to get a full hour:

After 1 year: middle of Alabasta
2 years: Davy Back Fight and beginning of Water Seven
3 years: End of Water Seven (
Going Merry funeral ep
)
4 years: Very beginning of Impel Down
5 years: Beginning of Fishman Island

Pretty good progress and it gives enough time for Funimation to do the dubs.

BatDan

If OP were to get a full hour:

After 1 year: middle of Alabasta
2 years: Davy Back Fight and beginning of Water Seven
3 years: End of Water Seven (
Going Merry funeral ep
)
4 years: Very beginning of Impel Down
5 years: Beginning of Fishman Island

Pretty good progress and it gives enough time for Funimation to do the dubs.

Funimation currently has the license to Episode 336, the end of a filler arc that followed the end of Water 7/Enies Lobby. So they have plenty right now for a possible TV deal (along with future acquisitions).

They also have Strong World, that could be used for a possible movie night.

789shadow

Banned
Funimation currently has the license to Episode 336, the end of a filler arc that followed the end of Water 7/Enies Lobby. So they have plenty right now for a possible TV deal (along with future acquisitions).

They also have Strong World, that could be used for a possible movie night.
I would love to see Strong World. I hear it's basically One Piece Arc: The Movie.

Jacob

I would watch the shit out of Hajime no Ippo on Toonami. Really great show. Probably the best shonen fighting tournament series out there.

Moaradin

What happened to Bleach? Seems like it turned into a running joke, but I remember it being quite interesting when it first aired on AS years ago. I only saw the first couple episodes, but did they really drop the ball after that?

B-Dubs said:
When we're talking Bleach pacing that is soon

haha i suppose. but people were acting like One Piece should replace Samurai 7.

on the bright side, i finished the Soul Society arc! now i can just watch something else...jesus was that drawn out

Seda

What happened to Bleach? Seems like it turned into a running joke, but I remember it being quite interesting when it first aired on AS years ago. I only saw the first couple episodes, but did they really drop the ball after that?

Absolutely.

789shadow

Banned
It had the extremely well executed Soul Society arc that pretty much put it into the Big 3, then had a consistent drop in quality from thereafter.

BatDan

That sucks. I thought the premise was awesome.

It essentially turns into a beat-for-beat rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho, and nowhere near as entertaining.
Aizen = Toguro
Fullbringers = The Sensui Seven (this one is far more blatant)

At least there's only 85 episodes left.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It essentially turns into a beat-for-beat rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho, and nowhere near as entertaining.
Aizen = Toguro
Fullbringers = The Sensui Seven (this one is far more blatant)

At least there's only 85 episodes left.

What? Say what you want about aizen, but neither toguro is fit to carry his golf clubs.

BatDan

Ichigo = Yusuke
Rukia = Botan
Renji = Kurama
Byakuya = Hiei

Now I'm not saying Bleach is a rip-off of YYH... actually that's exactly what I'm saying.

Drago

If I were to ever watch Bleach from the beginning, where should I stop? (As in, what is the last good episode/arc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom