• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I'm watching this sequence and the only thing running in my head is how I'd buy the fuck out of a Super Mario Kart Galaxy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I didn't get that feeling from the end at all. I thought it was a "sure, death is still around, but you can still live." I mean hell, the final scene with Ringo was that personified. And Casshern says it himself! "If anyone forgets death... I will be there to remind them."

The show is how you cope with death. The robots in the show dealt with it in a very immature way, since death was a completely new concept for robots. Of course they whined about it, they thought they'd live forever.

I think it all soured mostly for me, when it came to Cash going out and getting "killed". And their twist on how immortals deal with living forever, and such.

I guess I just enjoyed the story more, when it didn't have a main story? Because the story it decided to tell in it's 2nd arch didn't appeal / mean as much to me.

Just... still expected more. Been thinking about watching the show for a while, and I just wanted something less awkwardly preachy, more straightforward and constructed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's episodes like this that make me hate Cartoon Network for cancelling it. Graaaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom