• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It was about the characters, especially Casshern, learning about the importance and necessity of death. Without it, you live a bland, thoughtless life such as those touched by Luna in episode 21. Casshern comments on this in episode 22.

"[Those I met over the course of my journey] have more life in them than those touched by Luna."

Dio fulfilled his goal of fighting Casshern and "winning," Lyuze learn revenge doesn't lead to a fulfilling life (which is important when you don't have much left), Braiking Boss was able to atone for his sins, Leda learned that chasing vanity isn't as important as the one who loves you, etc. etc.

The show's characters grew and changed over the course of the series. There wasn't much of an overarching plot, but episodic shows shouldn't be damned on that basis.

It's weird, because telling similiar tales from new perspective generally doesn't bother me. But something just felt juvenile and whiny about Casshern in the end. Like an emo song one would listen to in highschool, and then, after growing up, wonder "Oh wow, this is all too dramatic. What was I ON back then?!?"

Maybe part of it is that things happened, without really solid events to cause them. Everyone just kinda... flailed. I think I would have liked it more if some of the characters from the episodic archs returned, and showed how Cash had changed their lives, or if previously weaker character got stronger through unknown methods.

They tell us "the world has ended, it's a lonely place!" and then proceed to show us how all these others have lived, and existed. In the end, we get this whole "It's a lonely world!" feel again... and think "not... really... there's lot of random people out there..."

I guess I don't feel the message was very strong. It's messy, full of two much "deep" imagery, and along the way, it forgot to give a real story to follow.

I guess I just expected more, haha.

wat.

yeah I'm going to be now.

Tonight was....yeah.

I'll try next week... I figure I'll at least finish S7 with you guys but I'll start watching E7 on my own.

Not a fan of the new schedule.

Hopefully S7 is replaced by something good.

Night everyone.

I'm going to go contemplate what life is, now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll stay for Titan. Don't think I can make it to InuYasha. I'll just record them on my DVR and watch for the Easter Egg. Or wake up and figure out what it is.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ahh yes a commercial to convince you to take out loans to go to a college to learn to be in debt while you work at gamestop

RagnarokX

Anemone is a dolphin

Wat
You wanna go swimming with the dolphins?
A6I5e.jpg

B.K.

I wanted to stay up for Fullmetal. Two great episodes tonight. I don't think I can make it an extra hour though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's weird, because telling similiar tales from new perspective generally doesn't bother me. But something just felt juvenile and whiny about Casshern in the end. Like an emo song one would listen to in highschool, and then, after growing up, wonder "Oh wow, this is all too dramatic. What was I ON back then?!?"

Maybe part of it is that things happened, without really solid events to cause them. Everyone just kinda... flailed. I think I would have liked it more if some of the characters from the episodic archs returned, and showed how Cash had changed their lives, or if previously weaker character got stronger through unknown methods.

They tell us "the world has ended, it's a lonely place!" and then proceed to show us how all these others have lived, and existed. In the end, we get this whole "It's a lonely world!" feel again... and think "not... really... there's lot of random people out there..."

I guess I don't feel the message was very strong. It's messy, full of two much "deep" imagery, and along the way, it forgot to give a real story to follow.

I guess I just expected more, haha.

I didn't get that feeling from the end at all. I thought it was a "sure, death is still around, but you can still live." I mean hell, the final scene with Ringo was that personified. And Casshern says it himself! "If anyone forgets death... I will be there to remind them."

The show is how you cope with death. The robots in the show dealt with it in a very immature way, since death was a completely new concept for robots. Of course they whined about it, they thought they'd live forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom