• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I really liked this EP of Titan when it first aired. Titan balanced growth and action better than almost any show out there. It really knows how to make minutes with the show seem like time well spent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Which one is next week? Is it the pet episode or the cheerleaders/date episode? Both of those are really great and the pet episode has some grade A Casshern style feels.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think it all soured mostly for me, when it came to Cash going out and getting "killed". And their twist on how immortals deal with living forever, and such.

I guess I just enjoyed the story more, when it didn't have a main story? Because the story it decided to tell in it's 2nd arch didn't appeal / mean as much to me.

Just... still expected more. Been thinking about watching the show for a while, and I just wanted something less awkwardly preachy, more straightforward and constructed.

The show's been awkwardly preachy and non-straightforward since the first episode, though...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The show's been awkwardly preachy and non-straightforward since the first episode, though...

And that's fine! But all the build-up (from the board, and around the net) of "Things get serious now!" can make one think "Ok, it's time for a solid tone-shift!" but instead, it just became less desirable?

For me, it was fun to see all the random episodic characters, and how they lived in the world. I also kinda liked the way Cash was downplayed as we saw more and more beings that could kill almost as effectively as he. The only thing special about him is that he didn't have to face death. Give that ability to Lyuze, or that pink hair'd girl with the sword, and they'd be just about as good as him.

It would have been interesting to see someone (non-Ringo) survive, accept the death Ruin brought upon them, and live a human-like life as a Robot. It would have said "this journey was worth something. Look at how many it changed!".

I'd have loved to have seen someone finally "Devour Casshern!" and either get that ability, or find out it was a lie. Instead, things just kinda... shifted to Luna being alive, and after that we were assaulted by an emo semi-loli with a Jesus-complex, Lyuze's freaky acid trip, Nega-Cash (Dio) and Nega-Lyuze (what's her name) going somewhat (or totally) crazy and dying, and Braiking Boss just kinda trolling away. Oh, and Dune dying, too.

Just didn't get the desired pay-off. Really felt like Big O S2 in that way; I loved that noir-inspired, Batman-like first half of the series, and then S2 comes, and turns into a mind-frak with over-arching themes that it'd be better off without. It was so good at telling that more "straightforward" story, that when it started to introduced "deeper" elements, I just wished we could go back to simplier times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom