• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Felt really rushed. Brotherhood's one fatal flaw. Time for Cowboy Bebop.

At least the rushed nature of the storyline ceases relatively soon when things branch off of the original anime. The slapstick like comedy and goofy animations stick around for quite some time.

(I still really like the show though)

Seda

Isn't Rush Valley where they meet Lin? Or is that later?

A bit later. I don't recall exactly, but there's the rush valley episode and then an episode or two with Izumi (a lot of flashbacks) which's leads into Greed's introduction and Lin shows up sometime around there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I liked the article years ago I read, that theorized that women who've met Spike have a way about them, and Julia recognized this on Faye. Like they've both been changed by his personality, and it just sticks out.

It's much more impactual than the "She's been keeping tabs on them, and she knows everything he's been doing!" angle.

I liked the article years ago I read, that theorized that women who've met Spike have a way about them, and Julia recognized this on Faye. Like they've both been changed by his personality, and it just sticks out.

It's much more impactual than the "She's been keeping tabs on them, and she knows everything he's been doing!" angle.
Makes sense. Spike is a pretty unique person.

They don't make em like they used to.
Indeed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So far people have died tonight on:

Bleach
Samurai 7
Sym-Bionic Titan
Eureka 7
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop

And, in a strange reversal, someone became UNdead in Thundercats.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Vicious.

Hates the old ways.
Hates old dried up triplets (Cry tears of Scarlet!)
...Fights gunfights... with a sword.

"I'm not going there to die... I'm going there to fund out if I'm really alive."
... either way, you die, so.. y'know...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm pretty sure Hughes and Spike* dying at the same time has happened pretty often on Adult / 'nami airing. At least this time, didn't have to deal with Motoko getting her head shot off in front of Batou again.

*Spike didn't die, he just got out of his Bebop contract this way. He visited the Naruo universe, where he donned pajama pants, an unusually sharp ore, and assaults little kids as vengence for Ed's brattier, offscreen moments.

RagnarokX

Actually, well, you know:

Watanabe - "I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead. I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing Spike, I think ... people are more upset that I might make a continuation."

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
To be fair.. they didn't make em like Bebop, back when Bebop came out. It's a rare breed.

Eye12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom