• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I believe we should get the new lineup in 2 weeks? It's just 1 show, but i'm pretty pretty curious as to what it is.

Correct. Samurai 7 ends in two weeks, meaning we'll get the new show announced then.
Titan ends in three weeks, so we might get a new show there. Not really sure yet.

bah ignore this post. I confused myself.

I was ready to reply, it was edited like 3 times. xD

Correct. Samurai 7 ends in two weeks, meaning we'll get the new show announced then.
Titan ends in three weeks, so we might get a new show there. Not really sure yet.

Ahh, I noticed they end right after each other. Clever Adult Swim.

Better start working on some fake intros again for some ideas.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Bleach is back, Kakashi takes the fight to Zabuza, the Thundercats find the Tiger Clan, Kambei and friends plan to return to the capital, Ilana makes a Galalunian homecoming dance, Renton learns the truth about Charles and Ray (and vice versa), Seina's crew runs a gauntlet of space pirates, Winry and the boys take a detour to Rush Valley, Bebop begins its wandering across the solar system anew, and Sango finally joins the cast on Inuyasha.

12:00 - Bleach - 282 - Power of the Soul! Los Lobos, Attack!
12:30 - Naruto - 9 - Kakashi: Sharingan Warrior!
1:00 - Thundercats - 17 - Native Son
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 24 - The Oaths
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 17 - Under the Three Moons
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 24 - Paradise Lost
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 12 - The Vengeful and the Wounded
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 11 - The Miracle at Rush Valley
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 2 - Stray Dog Strut
5:00 - Inuyasha - 23 - Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss
5:30 - Inuyasha - 24 - Enter Sango the Demon Exterminator!

BatDan

I am going to try and do a run down of each show instead of a theme tonight assuming I get on an hour early.

There are 2 episodes left of SBT (Prepare those razors folks!).

What do you mean OP? One Piece or opening?

Actually, counting tonight, there are four episodes.

And he means Opening.

BatDan

Shhhh. Think about it and the joke becomes clear.

Ooooh, I think I get it. Next week is the one where
Octus dies
. Then the sadness continues as we realize the ending is soon. Stupid Cartoon Network...
At least we saw the lost Dexter's Lab recently so that's almost new Gennedy material.

On another note, Funimation recently released the first Toriko DVD set. I feel that show would be a good fit for Toonami, despite the neutered violence.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks for not pointing out that's a SBT spoiler. I totally highlighted it and wanted to be spoiled.

Jerk.

Thanks for not pointing out that's a SBT spoiler. I totally highlighted it and wanted to be spoiled.

Jerk.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who went "Dammit!" when I highlighted that.

EDIT: That tweet is also funny when you think the TOM for Toonami Asia will be / is called Nami.

Pein

Banned
Why do you guys want one piece anyway? Its near 600 episodes now, it would be playing for years with no end in sight. At least naruto part 1 is only about 130 episodes minus filler.

Raxus

Why do you guys want one piece anyway? Its near 600 episodes now, it would be playing for years with no end in sight. At least naruto part 1 is only about 130 episodes minus filler.

Because One Piece is actually fun to watch and the first 300 episodes may take forever to get through one episode a week but we get through some pretty damn good arcs. Arlong, Vivi, and Water 7/Enies Lobby.

Plus it is better than Bleach and Naruto in terms of story and pacing.

P.S. Sorry Andrex :(

Raxus

I'd just be happy with them no longer teasing and showing it. I know Funi is dying to get it on the air and it could help a lot in getting One Piece dubbed faster.

The filler is what scares me about One Piece. Even showing two a week would take forever and they can't skip it as easy.

I could see it though since Titan and Samurai 7 end close to each other and that would fill both slots.

BatDan

Plus it is better than Bleach and Naruto in terms of story and pacing.

There's also a lot less filler. Longest stretch was 13 episodes, compared to Bleach's 43 episode Bount Arc and Naruto's 85 episode Hell.

Still, I agree that 2 episodes a week would be the best choice. Sure, you'd get through 100 episodes in a year, but considering they just aired 582 and the series is nowhere close to ending, it would work.
Plus, Funimation has the rights to the first 336 episodes, that's plenty of material.

EDIT: Also, reading through the Bleach Wikipedia article, Adult Swim aired two new episodes a week in 2009, starting on the Arrancar arc. My guess is it was an "I'm sorry" for making people sit through The Bount.

thetechkid

Since my satellites been out all week I won't be able to see the episodes so I'll just do this now:

Bleach: That background song was good, another flask back?!, dbz with swords.
Sauske: Zabuza has a nice sword
Thundercats: Remember that time they won and ran away?
Samurai 7: NTR the show
Sym-Bionic Jack: They showed this on tv?!
Eureka Seven: Besides the OP this is an abortion to all that is good
Bad Luck Brian: This is is worse than E7
Fullmetal Panic: I remember the time I saw this episode a few years ago.
Cowboy Bebop: I like the music
Cowboy Bebop: I want to watch Trigun
Inuyasha: Narakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Inuyasha: Kagomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Out of the filler arcs at least half of them are up to the quality of the regular show itself while the other ones while not great certainly aren't gut wrenchingly terrible like Naruto filler.

Raxus

Summary Time!

Tonight on Toonami we have the the last rerun of Bleach, brand 'new' episodes of Naruto, T-Cats, S7, SBT, and GXP.

Captains guest starring Ichigo and his stupid friends:
Bleach returns with Ichigo having to train with Lisa Lisa in order to take down the pillar men. Oh wait this is a recap for JoJo which is what I watch instead of Bleach. This week's Bleach a guy continues to fondle his guns until he gets bored and begins to explore his furry fetish.

Ninjas??? starring David Bowie:
Thanks to the Rower, plus some assistance from Naruto and Sasuke, David Bowie sensei sama KUN is free to fight Zabuza. Sakura proceeds to cry and do nothing. We are also introduced to the hottest girl in the series.

CockblockCats:
Lion-O and Tygra enter a mysterious cave only to encounter more cats like Tygra. Cheatara probably slept with all of them as well. Are they friend or foe? Will they continue to cockblock Lion-O in some convoluted fashion? Will this not matter next episode? The answer to all this and more is yes.

SOLD MY WIFE:
It is up to Katsushiro to save the village from being burnt down, thankfully he got the 'never give up' hacks from Ganta from Deadman Wonderland. Meanwhile, the rest of the samurai prepare to invade the capital in what is sure to be a poorly animated finale.

You know, FOR KI...OH FUCK LANCE MURDERED A DUDE:
vlcsnap-2011-03-16-12h25m20s30.jpg
Escape_from_Galaluna2.png
WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS!
Prom episode tonight!

Call the Police! Seven:
Renton goes nearly an entire episode without being beaten to death before he realizes he really misses it. Holland continues to spew shit as he slowly turns into an even bigger asshole.

Bad Luck Brian:
Brian continues to write the guide on how to be the world's biggest simp. His bad luck peaks when he gets a third hot woman to not show interest in. God I love to hate this show.

FeelMetal:
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES!

Cowboy Beebop:
Starting fresh, catch up on how it all began.

Inuy....everyone is asleep when this airs:
Searching for Naraku. Naraku not found...

Seda

Whats up with toonami these days... I still have been sticking with Toonami Aftermath.

Right now people are mostly enjoying Symbionic Titan. Bleach is starting up new again this week and we purely just poke fun at that. Some people are reliving nostalgia with Naruto, but mostly that's just made fun of too.

Both Samurai 7 and Titan end in a couple of weeks (SMT 1 week after S7) so everybody is awaiting what the replacement shows will be.

(I also haven't seen Inuyasha before and I'm really liking it! Most people are sleeping by then though)

I'm intrigued by Eureka 7, I won't really know if I like it or not until I see how the (so far) unexplained story elements end up being...explained.

And GXP is mind-numbing....

--

Also, they Toonami guys basically said DBZ will not be coming back because Kai is on Nicktoons, and Gundam is tricky because of issues with Bandai going out (or something like that)

BatDan

What's sad is two weeks prior, GXP had a half-way decent episode. There was violence, there was a bit of tension, and it seemed like the plot was going somewhere.

Then the following episode was about Seina buying sex toys for a robot. They buried this show for a good reason.

so does this mean Batman is finally gonna go after that one goth chick who's been giving him the eyes for the entire series?

seriously, Lance is like 25. Seina at least has the excuse of being a dumbass kid.

injurai

Banned
Right now people are mostly enjoying Symbionic Titan. Bleach is starting up new again this week and we purely just poke fun at that. Some people are reliving nostalgia with Naruto, but mostly that's just made fun of too.

Both Samurai 7 and Titan end in a couple of weeks (SMT 1 week after S7) so everybody is awaiting what the replacement shows will be.

(I also haven't seen Inuyasha before and I'm really liking it! Most people are sleeping by then though)

I'm intrigued by Eureka 7, I won't really know if I like it or not until I see how the (so far) unexplained story elements end up being...explained.

And GXP is mind-numbing....

--

Also, they Toonami guys basically said DBZ will not be coming back because Kai is on Nicktoons, and Gundam is tricky because of issues with Bandai going out (or something like that)

Well I love Naruto (Pain arc was incredible, and haters be dammed :p) also Inuyasha is pretty cool though I never watched it sequentially. And yea... Bleach... more like Blegh.

I love Eureka 7, haven't seen the follow up series. I'll have to check out this Symbionic Titan, never heard of it before.

I hope to god people aren't serious about DBZ. Please keep off Toonami.

E7 is the only show I like on Toonami.

I want JoJos Bizarre Adventure. it would be perfect for AS, but, alas copy right folks would be racing to the lawsuits.

one piece? The anime's garbage pacing and garbage animation? Thanks, I already sat through 500+ episodes, I'll stick with the manga.

Naruto? Has always been shit, and it just gets shittier and shittier. I already can't stand the manga.

Bleach? Fuck, at least the animation and pacing is better then the actual manga. But you still couldn't pay me enough to watch it again.

Samurai 7? Thanks for spitting all over a classic. The original is a masterpiece, this is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom