• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Never played a fire emblem. Commercial has me interested. How is it in general, this one specifically?

Critical reviews of Awakening might put it as the best rated SPRG of all time. I'm serious. Higher than FFT by the aggregate sites.

Astral

How is Stark supposed to be a bad guy?

I have no idea what's going on as my only exposure to bleach is through toonami since its revival (so like episodes 230-260), but Stark seems awesome

He's just allied with the bad guys. He himself isn't exactly bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey everybody we're turning back the pendulum again I hope you like turning it baaaaack.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Never played a fire emblem. Commercial has me interested. How is it in general, this one specifically?

edit: Oh. It's not out yet.

It's out Monday. Apparently it's one of the best (going on JP impressions/American reviews.) Dunno if it means anything anymore but IGN gave it a 9.6.

I've never bought an FE before but I'm picking it up because I loved the demo. Very slick tactics game.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So stark kills everyone by virtue of being around them, yet for some reason, the named characters in Bleach are "special" and immune to his "powers".

Wtf is this bullshit.

Amikami

Banned
People have said it's one of the best.
It probably helps this is the first localized FE to have "Casual" mode (meaning no permadeath).

It's not out yet, but the series is very good. Imagine a chess tournament, except you play it as a war game and your pieces have names and get better and better as you use them. But if they die you lose the piece forever (unless you play in ultimate pussy mode which you shouldn't since that's for pussies).

Sounds interesting. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks.

ReiGun

How is Stark supposed to be a bad guy?

I have no idea what's going on as my only exposure to bleach is through toonami since its revival (so like episodes 230-260), but Stark seems awesome
He works for Aizen. That's it.

Kubo sucks at making bad guys evil. He gives so many of them likable personalities and sad backstories that make them all sympathetic.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't the explanation a few episodes that she was PART of Starrk? Now she's just some chick he found to not be lonely?

RagnarokX

oh, so he didn't actually need the eyepatch.

he just had the eyepatch because WHY THE FUCK NOT

It's basically his hollow mask...

Wasn't the explanation a few episodes that she was PART of Starrk? Now she's just some chick he found to not be lonely?

No. They said in this very episode that they split from the same being. They don't know what they originally looked like.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Once war breaks out, both sides become evil."

Leave the hippy mumbo jumbo to E7, Bleach.

789shadow

Banned
No, she did split off from him.

He works for Aizen. That's it.

Kubo sucks at making bad guys evil. He gives so many of them likable personalities and sad backstories that make them all sympathetic.
This is another reason why One Piece is so good. For the most part, it just makes it's villains unrepentant dicks that exist only for the catharsis of Luffy punching them in the face.

Jintor

Soul Eater's animation is fucking sweet and I think it's got a decent sense of humour. I hear it turns to shit around episode 26 or so though

ReiGun

Hitsu is lucky he's inexplicably the most popular character. He should be out of the fight by now.

She wasn't winning fast enough, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom