• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gotta admit, Roy and his seeing eye platonic(?) waifu was a really interesting addition to the final boss battalion.

The shot when they show up again is pretty much the most badass thing I've ever seen in an anime this side of Gurren Lagann.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Admittedly, this was the one aspect of the ending that was just "huh" for me.

I thought Kimblee summed it up well. Ed doesn't go around killing people. If you give him "Alchemist X Factor" powers, he's simply going to use it to emphasize his own "NO ONE DIES! THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER WAY!" way of fighting.

And sticking someone who sees himself as superior and greater than others, into a body and lifestyle that'll force you to live subserviently for years on end... it's amazingly cruel, but also very kind, because Selim showed that he kinda was fond for that side of his existance.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"This fight you lose!"

Man, the slight inflection when he says that... always amazed how good a VA Vic is, and how much he gave it his all for this series.

Azure J

I fucking lost it when those stone hands pummeled that motherfucker.

The spear is the part that always gets me, it's as if the entire animation department was told "draw up a scene from start to finish that conveys throwing your burning fury at something" and they had just finished watching Gurren Lagaan.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Hello Gentlemen, I journeyed here in order to take your lives..."

Such a weird, but memorable villan.

And Spike has the worse "luck".

"Hello, Boy!" ... Just makes me think of fighting Ghalleon on Luna...

Jintor

So FMA is out week after next, so that's a full hour. And how many more episodes of Bebop do we have, about 3 week's worth? Maybe just 2?

Jintor

True, but this is the only instance so I can't help but feel they a) want us all to get the feels again or b) are going to phase it out and introduce another two shows at a time

Surprised at how well cowboy bebop holds up. Looks pretty decent.

Bebop's direction and animation are impeccable. It's pretty much timeless.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Just playing with your head! Would you rescue me if it were true??"

It's like Blum jumped from Jamie on Megas to Roger Smith in one line. Always loved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom