• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And the graphic schedule says FMA. Who knows?
When there's a discrepancy between the two, the back door schedule is the one that's correct nearly (but not quite) 100% of the time.

It's updated much more frequently and comes from the database they're actually using for programming. The print schedule is just an outline and frequently as shorthand or placeholders, such as the absence of a show name for Tenchi's slot. Also, the print schedule has used "FMA" to refer to Brotherhood instead of the first anime on numerous occasions in the past, so it's not really worth reading anything into it.

Regardless, the schedule is going to change anyway the week after the current print schedule ends. There's no other reason to speed Bebop up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What the heck is Swords?

4:00 a.m. SPECIAL: Swords, Knives, Very Sharp Objects and Cutlery

Sounds like one of those wacky random things Adult Swim likes to do in the middle of the night sometimes. Something along the lines of Paid Programming, You're Whole, The Rising Son, or Off the Air, I guess.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

Massive props to Mr. Blum himself, not only for providing his voice acting skills for us mortals but for doing it in the name of such a good cause. For those unaware, Steve Blum (voice actor for TOM) said he'd record a line in one of the characters he's played if you donated $100 or more to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Not only that, but he was actually kind enough to re-record the message (he said G.A.F. originally instead of "gaffe.") And not only that, he offered up two versions of the corrected version with two different tracks of Toonami background music.

So I can't stress enough how awesome Mr. Blum is. Steve, thank you.

I put the video together, syncing it to the two bumps that use the music he chose.
I also ripped the old Toonami end-beep from the TOM2 era and sought to recreate it. How'd I do?

Video: ToonamiGAF - YouTube

MP3s:

Jintor

tumblr_m8ax14b4Vt1r72ht7o1_500.gif

4:00 a.m. SPECIAL: Swords, Knives, Very Sharp Objects and Cutlery

Sounds like one of those wacky random things Adult Swim likes to do in the middle of the night sometimes. Something along the lines of Paid Programming, You're Whole, The Rising Son, or Off the Air, I guess.
Oh yeah, definitely makes sense!
Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

Massive props to Mr. Blum himself, not only for providing his voice acting skills for us mortals but for doing it in the name of such a good cause. For those unaware, Steve Blum (voice actor for TOM) said he'd record a line in one of the characters he's played if you donated $100 or more to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Not only that, but he was actually kind enough to re-record the message (he said G.A.F. originally instead of "gaffe.") And not only that, he offered up two versions of the corrected version with two different tracks of Toonami background music.

I put the video together, syncing it to the two bumps that use the music he chose.
I also ripped the old Toonami end-beep from the TOM2 era and sought to recreate it. How'd I do?

MP3s:

Holy crap!

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

This is just about the coolest thing i've ever heard. Thanks, Andrex, for doing this for our little community. Also thanks to Steve Blum for being so damn awesome. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go squee over the video for the next 5 minutes.

Baroni9

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

Hey.

You Fucking Rock man.

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

Wow awesome. Thanks man to you and Blum

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

Excellent

For someone reason, I get "Not Found" when I click on Background Music #1

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

You the man bro!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey guys, what's going-
*sees Steve Blum ToonamiGAF video*
Amazing. ...It's full of stars!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member

Seda

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

Nice.

So apparently Viz is behind on dubbing Bleach, and once new episodes are tapped out, it will be 8 weeks until new ones show up. Answers on the Toonami Tumblr suggest it won't be Bleach repeats filling that hole but something else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently Viz is behind on dubbing Bleach, and once new episodes are tapped out, it will be 8 weeks until new ones show up. Answers on the Toonami Tumblr suggest it won't be Bleach repeats filling that hole but something else.

Yeah, saw this a little while ago. 8 weeks is 1) oddly short and 2) oddly specific. Wonder what they're planning. One would think a short OVA series would be the choice, but I don't think they'd use FLCL at midnight, and I can't think of anything terribly recent that would fit the bill off the top of my head.

It's also worth noting that at least one of those weeks may be a special lineup for the holidays. Last year December 24 and 31 both had 6 hour Bleach marathons. In 2009, the last few Saturdays of the year had two hour hunks of Death Note thrown in so that they could power through one more run of it before its rights expired. The last Saturday of 2007 featured the "Last Futurama Marathon." The last Saturday in 2006 also featured a Bleach marathon. Only 2008 and 2010 aired normal lineups throughout December out of the last 6 years.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Glad you guys enjoyed the vid. It was fun emailing him back and forth and putting the video together. :D

it'll be hellsing ultimate obvs

This would be the best thing ever so of course it won't happen. Every five minutes would have more bleeps than the entirety of DMW, it'd be glorious.

Sample dialog from episode 2:

Hello, is this thing on? Cool, this message is going out to the Round Table Conference, and a very personal and heartfelt shout-out to the queen [bleep] herself Ms. Hellsing! Alright, your ass is currently being kicked by the Valentine brothers! My name is Jan Valentine and I can't wait to meet each and every one of you. We'll be getting intimate as soon as me and the boys finish lunch. Let me be the first to thank you for providing us with all these tasty snacks! And by tomorrow Hellsing will be nothing more than a pile of [bleep]!

Lil' Hellsing chicky, we're comin' to find you. Come on out and play lil' Hellsing, I promise it's gonna be alot of fun. We just wanna torture you, kill you, maybe skull [bleep] your corpse a couple of times, burn the house to the ground, go home and [bleep] okay?

Come on, [bleep]. You know; the ones who put the [bleep]ing chip in me, the chip that's sending them information letting them know we [bleep]ed up! They can hear us talking every last [bleep]damn word! If they know I'm standing here all [bleep]ed up and dying about to tell you everything, you think they're going to let me [bleep]ing live?

See, I so [bleep]ing told you! Well, since I'm [bleep]ed , how about I piss a little wisdom on you dip[bleep]s? You can take this clue and shove it up your [bleep], [bleep]!

Huh, apparently they've actually gotten up to episode 8. Good on Funi.

Amikami

Banned
Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

MP3s:

Holy Crap!! That just too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom