• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They done fucked up if that was the plan. Bebop still has 5 episodes after this week and FMA is ending next week.

Fullmetal is showing itself rebooting after next week, but the schedule ends with the last Bebop currently, so it's possible there's a lineup change after that.

They probably wanted to speed up Bebop to be able to make some lineup changes but didn't want to speed it up so much that they have the lineup change come only two weeks after adding Tenchi and Inuyasha.

That and they seem to go out of their way to play Pierrot Le Fou at every chance they can get.

Jintor

I love Blum in all his incarnations, but I really think Bebop is his best work.

I can't believe he hadn't actually watched it all until, like, 2004 or so.

Seda

Fullmetal is showing itself rebooting after next week, but the schedule ends with the last Bebop currently, so it's possible there's a lineup change after that.

They probably wanted to speed up Bebop to be able to make some lineup changes but didn't want to speed it up so much that they have the lineup change come only two weeks after adding Tenchi and Inuyasha.

That and they seem to go out of their way to play Pierrot Le Fou at every chance they can get.

Yeah I was just checking the schedule. You mentioned this before, it's odd how they skipped to an even # episode, meaning in three weeks, the first episode of the block will be the finale, and then.....?

Jintor

Yeah I was just checking the schedule. You mentioned this before, it's odd how they skipped to an even # episode, meaning in three weeks, the first episode of the block will be the finale, and then.....?

Finale + New show premier same day?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

They're showing episode 25 two weeks in a row. One week it'll be 24 and 25 and then the next will be 25 and 26.

Seda

I liked this episode, but I remember not liking the girl's voice, which sticks out in this show which otherwise has good acting.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I liked this episode, but I remember not liking the girl's voice, which sticks out in this show which otherwise has good acting.

Her voice is a bit unusual, but I don't find it any odder and out-or-place than the voices of the Hanson and Sanson guys running around after them. Bebop has a LOT of people fulling accents, weird dialects, and trying to sound as if they're from a wide-spread culture that's inspired by nearly EVERYTHING. I guess most other characters don't get as much speaking roles as Mayfa (Mei Fa?) though...

I really like hearing a voice from a character that I can't instantly pick out, from years of anime-watching. As cool as it is to hear the Blum's and Lee's, hearing them fill in the same archetypes over and over again, in games, anime, and even normal cartoons, does subtract from the characters they play sometimes...

Seda

I really like hearing a voice from a character that I can't instantly pick out, from years of anime-watching. As cool as it is to hear the Blum's and Lee's, hearing them fill in the same archetypes over and over again, in games, anime, and even normal cartoons, does subtract from the characters they play sometimes...

I agree!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

^_^

Y'know, I always wonder... if Jet killed that guy, and if everyone (Mayfa, the Kids) are so ok with a random dead body laying there.

That neckbreaker sounds so much more brutal than just a usual "sleeper hold".

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I always wonder at when Faye got so good at piloting and fighting. I know she's been running for years, but I'm always impressed that she can keep up with Spike so well.

5 min before the man dies "You daughter kicks ass Mao, you didn't make nuthin' happen! Stop bein' so full of yo'self!" ".... Jet... I'm.. I'm sorry!"

End off with that Noir narration, Jet!

This ep, and "Speak Like a Child"... T_T

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, no need for me to watch this again, so this is where I'll check out tonight.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 280 - Hisagi and Tousen, the Moment of Parting
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 2 - Police and Pirates
1:00 - Samurai 7 - 14 - The Offering
1:30 - Thundercats - 7 - Legacy
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 14 - Memory Band
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 63 - The Other Side of the Gateway
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 64 - Journey's End - END
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 22 - Cowboy Funk
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 23 - Brain Scratch
5:00 - Inuyasha - 3 - Down the Rabbit Hole and Back Again
5:30 - Inuyasha - 4 - Yura of the Demon Hair

Later.

Seda

I don't really understand why they wouldn't just go with episode 3 today. What's the logic here to show the same episodes?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dem Rumiko Takahashi emotions.

The things anime character go through before their 18th... heck, 16th B-days.

Guess I might as well clock out for the night, since we just saw these last week. Till next week!

I don't really understand why they wouldn't just go with episode 3 today. What's the logic here to show the same episodes?

Maybe just to let people who missed it with the Fall-back be able to start fresh? -shrug-

Jintor

Anonymous Asked: What happened to not airing a show more than once? I can understand Cowboy Bebop airing multiple times since it's one of the best animes of all time. However, Fullmetal Alchemist, while good, isn't really on Bebop's level. Was the not airing multiple times thing just for premieres and not shows that have aired before?
We’re gonna answer this one so people will know. With 6 hours of programming weekly, you have 12 half hours to fill. Toonami’s budget can’t sustain 12 different shows without repeats or hour blocks. Perhaps one day we will expand 12 different shows will be possible, but not for now. Hence, you WILL see some shows repeat. We are trying to get as many “new” shows rotating in as much as possible, and we are pretty happy we’ve been able to rotate in as many as we have. So we’d ask you to be patient and understand that we don’t expect you to watch anything you don’t want to watch, but in many cases we won’t be able to avoid reruns. We are going to TRY not to run shows more than once where possible, though. Thanks for your question!

So it sounds like FMA really is wrapping around in two week's time, at least until they get more budget. A pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom