• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this might be too much Shonen, but it would be awesome if Funi One Piece made it's way to Toonami.

And I wonder if they will show the Japanese openings for Naruto this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know this might be too much Shonen, but it would be awesome if Funi One Piece made it's way to Toonami.

And I wonder if they will show the Japanese openings for Naruto this time.
They used to show the Japanese openings for Naruto on the old Toonami after a certain point in the series. It was just the first and second OPs that got wiped out (though I think they played the second OP in place of the third OP when they did make the switch).

There also used to be a time when the Toonami->Adult Swim lineup was DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Death Note. Was like three plus hours straight of Shonen Jump series.

Preble

Cool. I loved watching Naruto on Toonami growin up and I was sad to see Shippuden go to Disney XD which I didnt have. I hope they can eventually pick up Shippuden if this turns out well.

Toonami Tumblr Paraphrasing said:
Naruto coming to Toonami.
:O This is just about the coolest news ever for me. I loved watching Naruto on Toonami back in the day. I'm glad they're bringing it back and I hope this leads to Shippuden airing on Toonami. Sidenote: A month of Miyazaki would be so awesome.

Moaradin

Naruto is pretty good when it's not filler. If they don't show that 80 episodes or so of filler and go right to shippuden, it could be great.

Naruto is in at 12:30. The previously posted print schedule was correct, with Naruto being the absent mystery show.

This is also apparently going to be the permanent lineup until it's time for Samurai 7 to swap out in a few months (barring any need for shakeups due to ratings, at least).

I guess I can live with that, although I'm also anxious to see how they'll handle all the filler.

Oh, and one more thing from the Tumblr, TOONAMI MOVIE NIGHT is coming sometime soonish. No indication of what or when. They've been talking about Summer Wars, all things Miyazaki (which they're saying nobody has the broadcast rights to license to them), and the Eva movies among other things lately on the tumblr, though.

YESSSSS

I was hoping that they'd bring back movie night one way or another.

TheChits

Naruto is in at 12:30. The previously posted print schedule was correct, with Naruto being the absent mystery show.

This is also apparently going to be the permanent lineup until it's time for Samurai 7 to swap out in a few months (barring any need for shakeups due to ratings, at least).

Oh, and one more thing from the Tumblr, TOONAMI MOVIE NIGHT is coming sometime soonish. No indication of what or when. They've been talking about Summer Wars, all things Miyazaki (which they're saying nobody has the broadcast rights to license to them), and the Eva movies among other things lately on the tumblr, though.

As far as I'm concerned this is all very, very sexcellent news. Especially movie night!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto is pretty good when it's not filler. If they don't show that 80 episodes or so of filler and go right to shippuden, it could be great.

The only thing is they might have to do an hour of shippuden due to how slowly it moves for the first two arcs.

Mature

Sort of excited about this simply for the implications. I'm assuming this will pull some decent numbers and that's always good =]

Maybe in 4 or so years, they'll be showing the Shippuden episodes I quit the series on, and I can continue watching where I left off to get some payoff from the years of watching the series when I though it was good.

...or I'll just keep playing CC2s games based on the series.

But I'll watch a few classic episodes for nostalgia.

Come on guys, let's not make Naruto John Cena is. It shouldn't be polarizing at all. It just happened to be on when Toonami died, it didn't kill Toonami. Bad acquisitions killed Toonami.

Wilsongt

Eh... was never a fan of Naturo, and moving Samurai 7 to 2 AM? Bah. Going to need to watch that on Youtube then. Don't want to stay up that late.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Come on guys, let's not make Naruto John Cena is. It shouldn't be polarizing at all. It just happened to be on when Toonami died, it didn't kill Toonami. Bad acquisitions killed Toonami.

That and bad management. Toonami was killed when the higher-ups were trying to push the cartoons away and bring in the live-action stuff. By cutting more and more of Toonami, they did enough damage to kill it.

Jintor

Pre-filler and timeskip are actually pretty good, but the filler really did kill it for A LOT of people.

Hopefully they lose that shit.

I always really liked the Zabuza arc and the first Chuunin exams. It's a bit like Bleach in that respect, something great until the end of Soul Society.

And let's be honest: that trailer was badass.

(But please GET GURREN LAGANN YOU BASTARDS)

o7TUf.png

WHHHHHY?
I watched two episodes and its still horrible. Why put this on toonami?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Naruto is in 12:30 slot, what is happening to tenchi muyo? What is the general consensus for that show anyways?

GPX is the adventures of Bad Luck Brian as voiced by Lupin III. Take that as you will.

Oh back to Titan, if
Tashy
doesn't make you all cry man tears you have no soul. It was raining hard the day I saw that one.

Amikami

Banned
I just heard about the Naruto slot and I think I'm pretty excited for this. I was introduced to Naruto by old Toonami and I enjoyed the shit out of back then. Been kinda wanting to re-watch some of the old show's moments so I'm all for watching with gaf. Yay!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just heard about the Naruto slot and I think I'm pretty excited for this. I was introduced to Naruto by old Toonami and I enjoyed the shit out of back then. Been kinda wanting to re-watch some of the old show's moments so I'm all for watching with gaf. Yay!

I have to say watching anything with GAF makes it better. The jokes and the chatter and shit just make it so much better. I'd never make it through Samurai 7 without GAF.

Ultratech

Naruto, eh?

I guess that'll work...

Think I watched it up somewhere up to around 150ish. (My memory's foggy after that, and I didn't get to see much of Toonami when it was on Saturday evenings.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was related more to the filler arcs and CN execs retooling it every few weeks

Pretty much. Plus they turned down good shows left and right, I remember reading CN got offered Avatar before Nick. Talk about dumb decisions, the show was made for Toonami.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OK so Naruto is back? Wasn't that part of the reason Toonami died?
If anything, it's the reason why Toonami lasted as long as it did in the face of management that was looking to push for more live action tween content and was most especially purging the network of Japanese content. If I remember right, by the time they were done Bakugan was the only thing of Japanese origin left on the network. The never ending fillers didn't help matters, but Toonami was already basically dead by that point.

Naruto is the second most popular show Toonami ever aired.

Drago

From what I understand, I think it was Naruto that saved Toonami when it first aired (I think I remember reading that Toonami wasn't doing too well before Naruto came along), and executive mismanagement, lack of good acquisitions, and awful Naruto filler all had a part in eventually killing it.

Am I right or wrong?

B.K.

I don't like Naruto, so I won't be watching. Pretty soon, there won't be anything on Toonami that I want to watch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If the Toonami staff is smart (and I have faith they are), they will cut Naruto after Episode 135. We don't need to see Filler Hell again.

As for the next show, I've charted out when currently running series will likely end. This is if there's no interruptions or other plans. Like the two-month Bleach repeats.

Samurai 7: February 9th
Sym-Bionic Titan: February 16th
ThunderCats: March 30th
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 4th
Eureka Seven: July 27th

It's quite possible that the Cartoon Network originals will get re-ran. Especially if they're trying to bring back ThunderCats.
Bleach is still likely to end in 2014.

So we'll be stuck with this schedule for a few months.

Jacob

I understand that there are many problems with Naruto, but it was the very first Japanese series I was ever introduced to back when I was 12 and didn't know a thing about anime. It will always have a special place in my heart for that reason and I am legitimately excited at its return. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom