• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Toonami did get through G Gundam a few times actually. I think at least once, maybe twice. I remember sitting there with my friends eating pizza watching the final episode and going nuts when everything blew up.
did they? I definitely know it didn't finish on the Midnight Run slot.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't have Cable so I haven't really participated in this thread (Also since I've seen most of the anime shown). While at my parents house watching Adult Swim, I saw Toonami now has Tenchi Muyo GXP. I said before that this would be a good choice to put on the new Toonami. It is a good spinoff of Tenchi Muyo surprisingly and it would be cheap to get the rights to broadcast it. Enjoy everyone!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember loving 00 but more for a lot of the concepts it had. The actual plot and characters were all over the place and they didn't really explain jack.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looking into the final days of old Toonami, one can see that Naruto wasn't at fault. It was the new shows they picked up.

2006 saw Wulin Warriors (cancelled after two episodes for being shite), two Pokemon series, a short-lived Fantastic Four show that was heavily influenced by anime, Yu-Gi-Oh GX (nuff said), MAR and Prince of Tennis (not enough to pull in viewers)

2007 saw only two new shows. Storm Hawks and Mega Man Star Force. Properties not strong enough to help carry Toonami. This was also the year that introduced TOM 4, further turning off viewers.

2008 saw Bakugan: Battle Brawlers (something more suited for Saturday morning, not evening), Blue Dragon (I guess they thought Toriyama's art-style would bring in the DBZ crowd), and Ben 10 Alien Force. Though 2008 was the year Naruto's filler hell began, so I can see why people place the blame there.

Still, the fault lies on the higher-ups picking up shows that didn't bring in viewers or weren't strong properties.

Takao

Banned
MAR, Prince of Tennis, and MegaMan Starforce barely aired on CN. They got like 4 episodes before being yanked, lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Now bringing that up, would you like TOONAMI to try and get Darker Than Black? Probably not feasible, FUNi is still pimping out DVDs of that. Also it would mean Branduil would never leave this thread.
Yeah, I would. Darker than Black is a show I always thought was practically tailor made for Adult Swim and would easily fit right in, and with Toonami hunting down older quality shows that haven't had their day in the sun, it would be a perfect choice.

This week on Toonami, Bleach takes a breather for a couple months with more fighting, Seina meets Lady Seto, the samurai prepare for more fighting in the calm following the destruction of the Nobuseri's ship, the T'Cats try to repair the Thundertank, Paul Dini writes Batman/Lance's backstory, the Gekko crew goes all organic, Fullmetal reboots, the girls of Bebop bow out, and Sesshomaru makes his debut in the graveyard shift.

12:00 - Bleach - 281 - Crown of Lies, Baraggan's Grudge
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 3 - The Devil Princess of Jurai
1:00 - Samurai 7 - 15 - The Gun and The Calm
1:30 - Thundercats - 8 - The Duelist and the Drifter
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 8 - Shadows of Youth
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 15 - Human Behavior
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 1 - Fullmetal Alchemist
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 2 - The First Day
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 25 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 1)
5:00 - Inuyasha - 5 - Aristocratic Assassin, Sesshomaru
5:30 - Inuyasha - 6 - Tetsusaiga, the Phantom Sword

Ultratech

No, Toonami did get through G Gundam a few times actually. I think at least once, maybe twice. I remember sitting there with my friends eating pizza watching the final episode and going nuts when everything blew up.

It went through at least twice to my knowledge.

I didn't know 00 existed until I randomly ran into it one random monday flipping channels.

Thanks, syfy

Same here, lol.

I ended up missing the first couple of episodes because of that.

samurai7grabdemnuts.png

So this is what I missed the last 11 weeks by missing Samurai 7? Goddamn no-honor dirty crap, geez.

It went through at least twice to my knowledge.

Same here, lol.

I ended up missing the first couple of episodes because of that.

And sadly I have yet to see it all the way through I just remember a little about it.

Anyone remember Outlaw Star? Another good one I never finished.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And sadly I have yet to see it all the way through I just remember a little about it.

Anyone remember Outlaw Star? Another good one I never finished.

I sort of liked the ending to Outlaw Star better than most other shows. I can't say I would mind revisiting that universe, only if they can do it justice though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wasn't that show set up to have a sequel?

Kinda sorta, the whole thing was set up to be a prologue of sorts for the main cast. They did finish all their character arcs, so it does stand alone quite well, but it is more than open enough for a sequel. Sort of like Big O Season 2 (I want MORE giant robot destruction combined with Batman, Titan scratched that itch but now it's gone)

Kinda sorta, the whole thing was set up to be a prologue of sorts for the main cast. They did finish all their character arcs, so it does stand alone quite well, but it is more than open enough for a sequel. Sort of like Big O Season 2 (I want MORE giant robot destruction combined with Batman, Titan scratched that itch but now it's gone)

Oh Big O. I need to buy that box set and re-watch it all. It was amazing and I heard that Adult Swim edited the ending, Similar show the ending to Code Geass. . . They didn't show the full credits.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh Big O. I need to buy that box set and re-watch it all. It was amazing and I heard that Adult Swim edited the ending, Similar show the ending to Code Geass. . . They didn't show the full credits.

I don't buy a whole lot of Anime, but I made sure I owned Big O (along with that godly sound track)

So as I said earlier marathoning DVR'd Samurai 7 eps. in order to catch up, I'm at Ep. 10.

Why am I seeing a
underage girl "performer" squirt liquid out of every orifice in her face then cough up birds
?

I thought they only did that in Thailand!

Drago

So no more Tenchi?

Naruto comes in at 12:30, and everything other than TC will move back a half hour (Tenchi at 1AM)

The new schedule:

12 – Bleach
12:30 – Naruto
1 – Tenchi Muyo GXP
1:30 – Thundercats
2 – Samurai 7
2:30 – Symbionic Titan
3 – Eureka 7
3:30 – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4 – Cowboy Bebop
4:30 – Cowboy Bebop
5 – Inuyasha
5:30 – Inuyasha

BatDan

You know what would make sense? Putting The Venture Bros on Toonami.
The show is a parody of Jonny Quest, and Jonny Quest was one of the staples of early Toonami.

Sorry, I just marathoned the series in anticipation of Season 5 in February so it's fresh on my mind.

You know what would make sense? Putting The Venture Bros on Toonami.
The show is a parody of Jonny Quest, and Jonny Quest was one of the staples of early Toonami.

Sorry, I just marathoned the series in anticipation of Season 5 in February so it's fresh on my mind.
Sunday [adult swim] would never let TOONAMI have it. Too important to that lineup, but man it'd be a great fit. Hell, I'd love to see Korgoth and The Eltingville Club, but those shows for mysterious reason never made it past pilot.

MAR, Prince of Tennis, and MegaMan Starforce barely aired on CN. They got like 4 episodes before being yanked, lol.

MAR and Prince of Tennis actually aired for around 4 months before getting yanked. They started out skipping episodes for some bizarre reason, but then started over at Episode 1 and tried to air them straight through, and those bizarre choices just killed the ratings. But they definitely aired more than 4 episodes.

Ponn

Banned
I'm running late because of work but I turn on boondocks and see an ad for Naruto starting next Saturday. Whaaaaaaa...??!!! How can they afford that.

BatDan

So is Bleach going to be in reruns starting tonight or next week?

Next week. We get one more week of plodding fighting between the Soul Reapers and the Spanish Word for Swords because Kubo thought it sounded cool.

Raxus

I know it is waaaay too early but Toonami getting the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure when it is dubbed in English would be godlike.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also, if they insist on airing god damned Naruto from the beginning, Toonami can bite the bullet and get One Piece as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom