• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BS sword skills go!!

Being character based didn't stop this series from being incredibly boring. Just like samurai 7 is boring despite its source material.

Samurai 7 is boring because it isn't character based lol. It's a lot more plot-driven, it's just the way it handles the plot AND characters is doo doo.

yami4ct

Honestly releasing any episodes is catching up to Togashi too quickly. Guy likes his breaks!

Well, we're getting a 2-part Kurapika side story next month and it looks like it'll be returning for real in January. So with that, Togashi will finally be making more room. Hopefully we'll get another huge run like last time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The references alone shouldn't be a problem. Copyright allows you to references other works. it's the fact that licensed music is worked into the actual show that makes it super difficult.

Oh I'm sure Yes wouldn't mind the use of Roundabout. Hell, they allowed it for the Japanese broadcast.

If references are allowed though... I don't get why the fighting game and the Viz manga had name changes then. Blah.

yami4ct

Oh I'm sure Yes wouldn't mind the use of Roundabout. Hell, they allowed it for the Japanese broadcast.

If references are allowed though... I don't get why the fighting game and the Viz manga had name changes then. Blah.

Bands have different licensers for different regions. Roundabout is likely only licensed for Japan airing. That may be why we're not getting official streams.

Hopefully this is all worked out. Dear god I want JoJo on Toonami.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow, Lion-O learned quite a bit. I look forward to him using this in futu- THIS IS A FUCKING FILLER EPISODE.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Time for Lance's origin story. It started years ago in Gotham City, after a viewing of Zorro in the infamous Crime Alley...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
and then The Joker asked his family something about moonlight and shot them in the face

(i am totally kidding)

Ssshhh, that never happened. It was just a fever dream Tim Burton had one night, and then he was laughed out of the scriptwriter's room because it was the dumbest idea ever.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Samurai 7 is boring because it isn't character based lol. It's a lot more plot-driven, it's just the way it handles the plot AND characters is doo doo.

Being character based(is this like being character driven?) doesn't make or break a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom