• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
with the way they keep moving around Eureka 7, i doubt we'll be getting AO

The same thing happened to Eureka when they aired it the first time around.

They brought it back because they like it, not because it's a ratings winner. In fact, it's a proven middling ratings performer.

yami4ct

Wow, how could they fall that far? When I heard they were doing a sequel I was excited as hell and planned to get to it sooner or later.

Writing team is not the guys from the original. Barely has to do with any of the original characters until the very end. What characters are there are awful and their motivations change from week to week. Writers cannot keep plotting straight. Show is completely nonsensical. In short, a disaster the likes of which has not been seen in years.

Ultratech

Heh, proof that having a uber-powerful sword means jack shit in the hands of a novice.

Kept thinking of Masamune during that story.

yami4ct

Any news on the new Hunter x Hunter series getting an English dub?

None yet. The fact that Bleach and Naruto are still hot properties here and HxH, the greatest shonen series of all time, has yet to get licensed makes me sad. It'd be so perfect. New adaptation is the best thing currently running.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
None yet. The fact that Bleach and Naruto are still hot properties here and HxH, the greatest shonen series of all time, has yet to get licensed makes me sad. It'd be so perfect. New adaptation is the best thing currently running.

What about JoJo?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I also didn't get why the Duelist is made out to be a bad guy here. Sure he looks as evil as Sinestro but he never did anything wrong, he won all his fights fair and square. Maybe if he killed all the people who lost to him it'd be different, otherwise he's just an honorable jerk.

RagnarokX

I also didn't get why the Duelist is made out to be a bad guy here. Sure he looks as evil as Sinestro but he never did anything wrong, he won all his fights fair and square. Maybe if he killed all the people who lost to him it'd be different, otherwise he's just an honorable jerk.

But he doesn't believe in the heart of the cards.

Ultratech

Pretty much. He might act like a dick, but you can hardly call him a villain.

Not his fault that his opponents were overconfident in their abilities and weapons.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
JoJo is fantastic. It's right up there. It's just that HxH transcends the genre.

Still, the fact that JoJo also has no licenser yet is almost as sad.

I think that falls in the fact Jojo is hard series to license thanks to the music references.

Raxus

JoJo is fantastic. It's right up there. It's just that HxH transcends the genre.

Still, the fact that JoJo also has no licenser yet is almost as sad.

JoJo just started though. I'd hope it would get licensed soon. HxH is 50 episodes strong. Is in the middle of a killer arc and nothing :(

HxH, the greatest shonen series of all time

1343919955434.png

yami4ct

True enough. I just wish HxH would go past Greed Island and finish the ant arc.

The fact that Yorkshin is this good and Greed Island is my personal favorite arc, I could not disagree more. An adaptation of Greed Island as good as this one is going to be glorious. Also, no need to hurry it up. Don't want to catch up to Togashi too quickly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The fact that Yorkshin is this good and Greed Island is my personal favorite arc, I could not disagree more. An adaptation of Greed Island as good as this one is going to be glorious. Also, no need to hurry it up. Don't want to catch up to Togashi too quickly.

No I mean apparently it's supposed to stop after Greed Island and not even bother with the Ants.

Raxus

Honestly releasing any episodes is catching up to Togashi too quickly. Guy likes his breaks!

yami4ct

I think that falls in the fact Jojo is hard series to license thanks to the music references.

The references alone shouldn't be a problem. Copyright allows you to references other works. it's the fact that licensed music is worked into the actual show that makes it super difficult.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It wasn't about the ending, but understanding why this was all happening.
Hoerwick, Morganna, Aura, etc.
It was also far more character-based than most animes.

Also there wasn't a fear of logging out. Tsukasa literally couldn't log out.

Being character based didn't stop this series from being incredibly boring. Just like samurai 7 is boring despite its source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom