• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I wish Toonami could grab Masion Ikkoku.

Talking more unlikely/impossibilities, the fact that Movie Night can never be a Ghibli flick makes me infinitely sad.

Well, given there was only like 30 episodes of FoTNS was (very poorly) dubbed ...

I totally forgot that not all of FotNS isn't dubbed. Don't pay much attention to that aspect. Still, there has to be a lot of great, classic 80s stuff waiting to be scooped up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ThunderCats. Oh hey it's one of the good episodes... despite the development not sticking.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The nonsensical fear of logging out thing, along with
an incredibly predictable ending. It was like a slow seord arts online with a less dire plot. As dark as it was, casshern was far more entertaining than that

It wasn't about the ending, but understanding why this was all happening.
Hoerwick, Morganna, Aura, etc.
It was also far more character-based than most animes.

Also there wasn't a fear of logging out. Tsukasa literally couldn't log out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No Tank Tank Tank here.

Is this the drifter episode? I remember really liking that one.

Yup, probably my favorite "pure episodic" episode of the entire series.

And unfortunately it really is "pure episodic," as mentioned the developments don't really stick, which becomes a running theme.

B.K.

Funimation has Last Exile. They should show it on Toonami and then show the sequel after it finishes, like they're probably going to do with Eureka 7.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yup, probably my favorite "pure episodic" episode of the entire series.

And unfortunately it really is "pure episodic," as mentioned the developments don't really stick, which becomes a running theme.

So there is development here and yet it doesn't stick? Wtf? I can see why this was canned.

yami4ct

Saint Seiya will return. Believe.

I'd be totally up for Seiya. Maybe someone will grab new JoJo. That show is basically just an 80s anime all over again. That'd be a perfect fit.

So what are the chances of movie night being something other than a horrible Bleach film? Or maybe an InuYasha one? Like a million to one against, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So there is development here and yet it doesn't stick? Wtf? I can see why this was canned.

Not-really-spoilers:
LionO pulls some sword skills out of his catbutt in the last five minutes of the episode, and he completely forgets them and how he got them by the next ep.

Happens multiple times.

Ultratech

IIRC MSG did very, very poorly back in the day.

That reminds me of missing Char's Counterattack when they first showed it on AS.

Cable went out that night and I was SO PISSED.

MSG was alright and had its moments. But it did suck not being able to see it through to the end.

yami4ct

Funimation has Last Exile. They should show it on Toonami and then show the sequel after it finishes, like they're probably going to do with Eureka 7.

Oh dear lord, E7AO on Toonami is going to be glorious. That show is by far the worst anime of the year. ToonamiGaf's reactions will be priceless.

And yes, Last Exile wouldn't be a bad choice.

Bandai Entertainment, the US branch that distributes the Gundam stuff, went out of business. That's why there will likely never be any G/Wing/0079/Zeta etc. on Toonami.

They're not producing any new releases, but they still exist and could license things out to Toonami if they were interested. Cowboy Bebop is a Bandai show, after all. It's unlikely to happen anyway, but I don't think Bandai discontinuing their shipments would alter the chances of them licensing their shows out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Before they start, would anyone mind summarizing last weeks episodes of SBT and E7? I missed both last week... :(

SBT: Mutraddi invaded the school, they get defeated by texting.
We also meet Meat, the dumb jock.

yami4ct

That reminds me of missing Char's Counterattack when they first showed it on AS.

Cable went out that night and I was SO PISSED.

MSG was alright and had its moments. But it did suck not being able to see it through to the end.

MSG without Amuro and, especially, Char's Japanese VAs just lacks the same punch. That being said, if The Origin turns out to be a real remake, and it gets licensed for US release, that'd be an awesome Toonami show. Zeta's still where it's at, though.

with the way they keep moving around Eureka 7, i doubt we'll be getting AO

Well, that'd be for the better. No reason to subject Toonami viewers to that thing.

yami4ct

They're not producing any new releases, but they still exist and could license things out to Toonami if they were interested. Cowboy Bebop is a Bandai show, after all. It's unlikely to happen anyway, but I don't think Bandai discontinuing their shipments would alter the chances of them licensing their shows out.

I was under the impression BE US was completely dead and only reason Bebop can still air is that CN bought television rights for that show forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom