• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Did we mention Tygra and Cheetara are together? Here, let's shove your face in it some more"

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So sorta like Brotherhood?

Sorta. Don't expect things to every get as serious as Brotherhood though. Soul Eater never drops its "wacky" mantle.

Your opinion of Kid (appears in ep. 3) will probably go a long way to revealing how you'll like the rest of the show.

Well, they got through some of the hugely messed up stuff in the Yorkshin arc, specifically thinking of the
auction house
scene, so in all likelihood they'll get through most of it unscathed. Some of the especially bad stuff from the ant arc like the
open brain interrogation
may not make it through, but I bet the majority will. I look forward to it.

Yeah, I'm thinking they can get away with a lot just by implying. They've already proven in Yorkshin that subject matter itself is no cause for alarm.

Which is really weird when much less disturbing stuff got censored in the first few episodes.

yami4ct

Yeah, I'm thinking they can get away with a lot just by implying. They've already proven in Yorkshin that subject matter itself is no cause for alarm.

Which is really weird when much less disturbing stuff got censored in the first few episodes.

I feel like they thought they could hit a younger market in the beginning, but when they ended up hitting the older market they went ahead and cut censorship down. I think they were a bit worried the remake wouldn't hit it off and need the kiddies. Who knows, though. It's pretty much a completely different show post Yorkshin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom