• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i5VFzzXayfKPs.gif

Someone will find this useful

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know. I loved the arena-style Zoids Zero over the war-torn Chaotic Century.

It's OK, opinions can be wrong. ;)

Yeah, they really dicked over Chaotic Century, which was such a great show.

IGPX has a lot of similar problems to Zoids/Zero, but also a lot that are just really specific to it. One of the more interesting things about a sports show, in my view, is that you can actually have antagonists who aren't evil, but IGPX decides to have them constantly going up against a bunch of thugs and assholes. None of the characters ever feel like they're advancing, and the whole show just feels pointless. It doesn't help that most episodes have long 'dramatic pauses' that don't really accomplish much of anything. I don't really think much of Mitsuru Hongo as a director, and I think he was pretty much the worst choice for the show. In better hands, we could have gotten something really enjoyable.

You have such impeccable taste outside of Doctor Who. Really glad you're posting here or I would have continued thinking otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom