• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be based on impressions. I had fun when I went back to rewatch the arc. No need to disparage the series out of the gate.
Fefefeffefefeffe.

It goes on too long I think,I like the fights though.

I'm guessing most people who aren't into One Piece would want to see some action in it, and I think the Long Ring Arc has some pretty good action scenes. It may not be Water 7 Arc action packed but its... ok. Even the scene they showed in the commercial is pretty action packed even id its short.

Still can't wait for tonight :)

Crocodile

Thankfully no.
All that happened is that Chris Sabat called it the "gay DBZ", and we discussed how much the series sucked. Both manga and anime.

Did he really say this? I've never seen Fairy Tail so I dunno how good/shitty it is but what an unbelievably immature way to express your opinion :( I expect better from adults :(

Moaradin

Did he really say this? I've never seen Fairy Tail so I dunno how good/shitty it is but what an unbelievably immature way to express your opinion :( I expect better from adults :(

Some kid on stream chat said "Gay DBZ Kai", as in DBZ Kai is gay. Chris was just joking around when he said Fairy Tail was the "Gay DBZ".

Seda

That's a bit out of context. Chris was on the One Piece FUNimation marathon stream and somebody commented: "Gay DBZ Kai is gay".

Chris was reading the comments and said: "Gay DBZ? That's Fairy Tail". And it was completely in jest.

It's all about context. Some dude on a chat said that DBZ was gay and Sabat responded "Gay DBZ? Isn't that just Fairy Tail?" in jest.

Just 2 more hours until the start.

Regarding One Piece, we jump straight into OP so.....ow yeah, getting my CaptureCapture ready.

Soul Eater at 1:30, still hurts. :(

Moaradin

Finally caught up. G8 arc was not bad.
Too bad the Vice Admiral is part of filler. He was a cool dude.
Can't wait to see how the show looks in HD.

Finally caught up. G8 arc was not bad.
Too bad the Vice Admiral is part of filler. He was a cool dude.
Can't wait to see how the show looks in HD.

G8 filler is what made me decide to never bother with any filler ever again.
So many people tried to tell me its 'good filler'
but when they escape and have to go back because they forgot they loot and that's only halfway through, i wanted to break my tv

It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be based on impressions. I had fun when I went back to rewatch the arc. No need to disparage the series out of the gate.

If it was like 5 episodes it would be fine. But it goes on way to long. Not the best way to start the show, you have to admit.

bigkrev

Home early from the bar for Toonami.

Question- is One Piece going to make ANY sense to me if I have almost no experience with it? (I read the first 2 vols of the manga before dropping it because I hated it)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Question- is One Piece going to make ANY sense to me if I have almost no experience with it? (I read the first 2 vols of the manga before dropping it because I hated it)

Not really.
Pick it back up. It gets better.

well i've finished editing up through the bios for the Straw Hats. i guess it's up to Raxus if he wants to post them, or wait until the whole thing is finished.

Raxus

One Piece gets much better once you get to and past Arlong. The first few chapters is filled with forgettable captains Luffy and Co. curbstomp in order to progress the story.

That said for most picking up the show it would be 'easy' if you are flexible when it comes to strange since One Piece LOVES tossing strange in your face.
well i've finished editing up through the bios for the Straw Hats. i guess it's up to Raxus if he wants to post them, or wait until the whole thing is finished.
Depends what Toonami-GAF wants! Again, thanks for the help GMN!

Started to tune in to Toonami 2 weeks ago. Now with One Piece joining the lineup, Toonami will always take my Saturday midnight schedule.

Since I'm not home, I'll miss my usual west coast feed, but I'm so glad the cable here has the east coast feed, so I get to watch Toonami much earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom