• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I think there's a difference between a single, complete work that you're LTTP on and a super long-running, ongoing series that you're committed to a 1 episode per week schedule. In the case of Suikoden, it would be like playing 5 minutes every week until you finish it.

That being said, I don't have a problem with it. I mean, One Piece probably isn't going to end for another decade as it is. I just find the time discrepancy interesting, especially when the episodes 8 years ahead are readily available by the distributor itself. It's not like in the days of Dragonball Z when you could only see the stuff that was ahead through underground trading circles and bootleggers.

I see.

I think you'll like the next two endings. =)

By the way, how will Toonami handle One Piece endings? Will they still show them? Will Tom talk over them?

Seda

I think you'll like the next two endings. =)

By the way, how will Toonami handle One Piece endings? Will they still show them? Will Tom talk over them?

Very likely they'll be shortened. All the other endings are shortened I believe, even Bleach, which somehow gets to keep its opening intact.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I spent zero hours and zero minutes watching any One Piece, this is where they are starting and I refuse to do homework for it.

Seda

ugh, filler. must. get beyond. filler.

seriously, this shit's been the bane of my One Piece viewing. completely kills my momentum.

The section you are at (post-Alabasta filler) was easily the worst chunk of it for me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We've actually seen one clue that the OP is getting shortened in the first One Piece promo, which had TOM watching a screen that had the last shot of the OP with the dub One Piece logo on it, which isn't there in the full version of the credits, the Toei/Funimation legal stuff is.

Also, I don't know why you guys aren't just skipping the filler. Would have saved you like 25-30 episodes. :D

jph139

I prefer the filler in One Piece compared to the terrible pacing the anime picks up later on... I've dropped it entirely because it's just painfully slow. Completely ruined the
Marineford Arc
for me.

Also, I don't know why you guys aren't just skipping the filler. Would have saved you like 25-30 episodes. :D

Only the weak skip filler. Except for the original Naruto filler. Jesus Chicken Fried Christ, that was horrible. I'm amazed Seda managed to watch it all. I used to be absolutely obsessed with Naruto back in the day and even I skipped it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i remember the weird Arabian Nights filler for Bleach.

filler isn't supposed to be better than the actual series. that was a weird night.

I think that episode shows how much deep fried bullshit Bleach is dipped in these days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only the weak skip filler. Except for the original Naruto filler. Jesus Chicken Fried Christ, that was horrible. I'm amazed Seda managed to watch it all. I used to be absolutely obsessed with Naruto back in the day and even I skipped it.

I caught up with the show back in the day about 20 episodes into the filler and watched out the rest of the set.

Some of it is so bad it is good like the Tony the Tiger and Curry of Life, most of it was so bad that it is really bad.

Some of the endings are awesome and all of the openings besides the very first one (which is technically the last opening of non filler hell) are really good...and yeah, that's about it.

The worst OP filler is closer to the best Naruto filler.

Bleach on the other hand is totally bananas sometimes the filler is better than the stuff that is to come.

I caught up with the show back in the day about 20 episodes into the filler and watched out the rest of the set.

Some of it is so bad it is good like the Tony the Tiger and Curry of Life, most of it was so bad that it is really bad.

Some of the endings are awesome and all of the openings besides the very first one (which is technically the last opening of non filler hell) are really good...and yeah, that's about it.

The worst OP filler is closer to the best Naruto filler.

Bleach on the other hand is totally bananas sometimes the filler is better than the stuff that is to come.

Gonna have to agree with you here. I prefer One Piece filler because there is so few and far between. Most if it isn't that bad either. Bleach filler, on the other hand, is long as heck and just as bad as the regular stuff. Wanted to blow my brains out with how long the Bount Arc was. Before the big Naruto filler clump, it didn't bother me all that much. Far and few between.

Seda

Gonna have to agree with you here. I prefer One Piece filler because there is so few and far between. Most if it isn't that bad either. Bleach filler, on the other hand, is long as heck and just as bad as the regular stuff. Wanted to blow my brains out with how long the Bount Arc was. Before the big Naruto filler clump, it didn't bother me all that much. Far and few between.

Yeah there actually isn't much Naruto filler before the 'filler hell'.

Filler scenes do piss me off when they drag on for too long. Got pretty bad in later one piece episode. Also there are flashback episodes just like Bleach in an upcoming arc.
Edit:
More penis jokes?
Bleach is one giant dick joke.

Seda

I actually liked some filler in Naruto before that. I remember some arc that involved racing that I thought was pretty good. I didn't even know it was filler.

Yep I remember that.

Next week we have a Naruto recap, and then no filler until episode 97 it looks like. That racing stuff is somewhere close to 100 as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair the single greatest episode of Naruto is a pre filler-hell one off filler episode.

The one where
They try and see what is under Kakashi's mask

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, 30-second Lineup Promo!!

Figured a lineup promo would have to be the new thing.

One thing I'm psyched about is that most shows are probably going to have new bumps tonight. Always fun.

One Piece openings are pretty long. Is Bleach the only shit that has full openings?

One Piece openings are still standard length at this point in the series. Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha also keep full openings.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The only bad thing about One Piece on Toonami is that there's no way in hell we're getting the full opening.

Well, once we get to
Crazy Rainbow Star
, the shorter openings are going to be a good thing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Only Bleach and Bebop for whatever reason. I think Inuyasha as well?

Bebop loses its ending entirely (except for the series finale, which also has no OP). Inuyasha now has its ending sped up and loses its next episode preview (it used to have both things in full but with no OP). It's also a slightly shorter show.

Bleach has its ending replaced and shortened, loses its next episode preview, and loses its Shinigami Golden segments.

True, True, True to the past posts.

Guess I gotta sort out my chart of all changed openings for the year. Brotherhood's today, One Piece is today.

Anybody have a HD PVR that wants to help me out? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom