• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

For that one joke we will pay with 175 episodes of pure, unending agony. I'll spoil Fairy Tale for everyone here. THEY NEVER LOSE EVER! FRIENDSHIP! EVERYONE IS FRIENDS NOW!

Fairy Tail is fine is you watch/read it for the HUGE FUCKING TITS.
Other than that turn your brain off.

206 episodes of One Piece complete

I'm never doing that again

Dubbed OP rankings:

1. We Are
2. Bon Voyage
3. Whatever the 3rd OP was called
4. Believe

Straw Hat pirate rankings:

Top Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Chopper

Mid Tier
Nami
Sanji

Low Tier
Usopp

"Boring as hell" Tier
Robin

Alrighty, tonight's a premiere. Guess I gotta enjoy Toonami and grab me some spliced openings as well. ( One Piece OP5/ED15, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP3/ED3 )

The one thing that turns me on & off about Fairy Tail is the action in the Opening that gets bootlegged in the actual show. BUT, those damn One Piece character designs too.

[ Basically, get addicted from Opening 3, 4, 6, 8, and 9. ]

( Probably my favorite arc below, subbed, fuck dubbed. )

6f2d025edb81bad745d6.png

b9d719fd34ba9c986a14.png

f840a2aeb2ade4bf69e7.png

Dubbed OP rankings:

1. We Are
2. Bon Voyage
4. Believe

Top Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Chopper

Mid Tier
Nami
Sanji

Low Tier
Usopp

"Boring as hell" Tier
Robin

No joke, I think Usopp could beat Nami if he wanted too.

If your not talking about power rankings though then Usopp, Luffy, and Sanji are my top fav characters in the show. Those 3 are just hilarious and almost everything they do puts a smile on my face. I still can't forget the time in the crocodile arc
when Luffy was making impressions of Sanji, and Bon Clay came on their ship and was copying each of the Straw Hats.
Yes it is true though Robin is kinda boring most of the time.

Seda

I can't believe you guys hate Robin!

It's nice to have a character who doesn't scream. Or in other words, every other straw hat has had moments where, you know, the animation gets goofy (their mouths get huge with sharp pointy teeth or whatever as they are scared or angry about something). Pretty sure Robin's never done that. I like that.

Scott... One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a HUMAN! All friends must scatter into the sky of truth, and blossom!

LycanXIII

On ep 105 right now. These last few episodes have been hard for me to keep interest. Just walking across the sand. More waking. More walking.

Seda

On ep 105 right now. These last few episodes have been hard for me to keep interest. Just walking across the sand. More waking. More walking.

Alabasta picks up a ton when you get to (location name)
Rainbase.
. I think everyone agrees the desert trek is a slog.

Just completed my marathon to catch up to Toonami. Gotta say, it's been a blast. I had some good times and some not so good times
fucking Apis
, but overall I've enjoyed finally getting to see this show from the beginning and without interruptions or changes. I know I've still got a long way to go, but i'm glad i'll get to watch One Piece together with Toonami-GAF. #sosappy #don'tevencare #yoloswagg

Seda

Gonna be interesting seeing people talk and speculate about stuff from 8 years ago. It'll be like I'm in high school again.

I just hope the people familiar with the series don't tease too much and/or don't give away too much.

Schadenfreude I don't mean to be annoying but put your warnings in front of your spoilers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

That was all filler except for 100.

*snip* Metatron-level knowledge only.
This is totally unnecessary in this thread.

I meant remove it entirely. The only thing it can possibly accomplish is accidentally spoiling somebody on something major. We have a totally different thread in which you can talk all you want about that sort of stuff and how Toonami watchers have no idea what's coming. Making it bold with more warning just draws even MORE attention to it.

Tenumi

Banned
Well, I completely failed to get myself caught up for One Piece. 0 episodes watched, 100 chapters read. Not like its going to stop me from watching. Someday I'll watch through the first 206 episodes. Starting soon, possibly, even.

Raxus

I just hope the people familiar with the series don't tease too much and/or don't give away too much.

Schadenfreude I don't mean to be annoying but put your warnings in front of your spoilers.
Luffy kills Dumbledore using Gum Gum Bazooka.

Dubbed OP rankings:

1. We Are
2. Bon Voyage
4. Believe

Top Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Chopper

Mid Tier
Nami
Sanji

Low Tier
Usopp

"Boring as hell" Tier
Robin

You dare to hate on Usopp and Robin!?

tC7aJ7W.jpg

Of course. It's just kind of ridiculous to me how far back they're starting. I mean, 8 years with Japan's ongoing schedule could be like double that here. Who's to say Toonami will even still be around.

They should really do 2 a week.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I guess it's time for me to start catching up on One Piece
*starts episode 1*

Seda

Of course. It's just kind of ridiculous to me how far back they're starting. I mean, 8 years with Japan's ongoing schedule could be like double that here. Who's to say Toonami will even still be around.

They should really do 2 a week.

Let's say 2 a week is a possibility for Toonami. It may be really unlikely but let's just say they can do that. I'd assume they'd want to start once a week for a while and see how the show fares in ratings before going to two a week. I dunno it could be risky to suddenly replace an hour of the block with One Piece if it ends up having ratings troubles.

In any case, being 'behind' doesn't bother me. I'm LTTP on so many things I don't really mind it. Heck, here I am playing Suikoden for the first time.

Let's say 2 a week is a possibility for Toonami. It may be really unlikely but let's just say they can do that. I'd assume they'd want to start once a week for a while and see how the show fares in ratings before going to two a week. I dunno it could be risky to suddenly replace an hour of the block with One Piece if it ends up having ratings troubles.

In any case, being 'behind' doesn't bother me. I'm LTTP on so many things I don't really mind it. Heck, here I am playing Suikoden for the first time.

I think there's a difference between a single, complete work that you're LTTP on and a super long-running, ongoing series that you're committed to a 1 episode per week schedule. In the case of Suikoden, it would be like playing 5 minutes every week until you finish it.

That being said, I don't have a problem with it. I mean, One Piece probably isn't going to end for another decade as it is. I just find the time discrepancy interesting, especially when the episodes 8 years ahead are readily available by the distributor itself. It's not like in the days of Dragonball Z when you could only see the stuff that was ahead through underground trading circles and bootleggers.

i am in Rainbow Mist. fuck my life.

(or i was. now i'm editing Raxus's thing)

One Piece ending rankings (dub titles):

great:
2. Run! Run! Run!
1. Memories

good:
9. Free Will

meh:
5. Before Dawn
8. Shining Ray
7. Glory -Because You're Here-
4. That's a Fact!

bad: