• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The soundtrack in this show is TOO chill. It needs different moods, otherwise it just feels like the entire show is meandering.

I was about to say the same thing. It feels like Eva without the giant robot battles picking things up. I guess the races are supposed to take the place of those, but... yeah...

Anyways I know I should hate Takashi and I really kinda do but I also really kinda like him. In like, a self-insert character kinda way. He acts exactly like I would.
KuGsj.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, this reminds me a lot of the .hack anime (mostly Sign and Roots). A premise that involves a lot of action, but it's mostly talking with slow music.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I was about to say the same thing. It feels like Eva without the giant robot battles picking things up. I guess the races are supposed to take the place of those, but... yeah...

Anyways I know I should hate Takashi and I really kinda do but I also really kinda like him. In like, a self-insert character kinda way. He acts exactly like I would.
KuGsj.gif

Personally I don't hate Takashi because the show is trying to get me to hate him and that would require having any sort of emotion towards the cardboard cut out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Satomi, do you know that there are three things that i particularly hate? kids, animals, and women with attitudes.

so tell me, Satomi, WHY DO YOU HAVE ALL THREE OF THEM NEATLY GATHERED ON YOUR TEAM?"

tumblr_m4pehafm411qfa797o1_500.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know, this reminds me a lot of the .hack anime (mostly Sign and Roots). A premise that involves a lot of action, but it's mostly talking with slow music.

Problem is, that's exactly what .hack wanted to be and it permeated the writing and pacing. This show has neither.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Almost forgot, Moondoggie asks the best question in the series in the Eureka episode coming up next. Stay tuned for that!

The difference being that .hack//SIGN had some interesting characters and mysteries, while IGPX is basically just a whole lot of nothing.

Man, this show is like, literally making me yawn, like literally, I was good to go to stay the whole night before this, but now i'm just like, sleepy.

BatDan

Yeah, and .hack has a lot more mythos to it. The games are great... where's our new one CC2? Oh, too busy making Naruto games?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The difference being that .hack//SIGN had some interesting characters and mysteries, while IGPX is basically just a whole lot of nothing.

Have I told you you have great taste yet? Because you do. I loved .hack//SIGN and I often feel like I'm the only one who did.

Seda

A character being lonely as a child is cliche, but it would be better if they showed something to get that point across, rather than just her talking about it.

BatDan

Takeshi needs to brandish the Keyblade, it would make things much more exciting. Convoluted yes but at least I wouldn't be bored.

Hahaha that's true. Moe is garbage, and there's far too much of it.

Time for RACING WITH GIA-zzzzz

i'm told IGPX gets better from here on out.

though i do not believe the person who told me at all.

You should abandon all hope when it comes to things getting interesting. This is, after all, IGPZzzzzzzzz....

The show gets better around the halfway point. It just never improves enough to become better than the mini-series :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom