• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I'll stick with IGPX because I stick with everything but now that GXP's gone it's clearly the least enjoyable show for me now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes, although I have known a number of other people who liked it. I think it's forgotten more than anything else, which is quite sad. At the time it was airing over here, it was like nothing else on television in terms of the pacing, structure and characters.

Agreed, I can hardly believe it aired on CN/Toonami. Of course, it also got screwed in a way similar to Chaotic Century, being placed at midnight towards the end of its run if I remember. I remember sitting up in my bed, truly struggling to stay awake to watch it at times. At times, I did not succeed, and it really bummed me out.

Truly a fantastic show. Fantastic writing, superb localization, great animation, perfect pacing, and the music...

Plus, the soundtrack is downright gorgeous, and I still listen to it regularly.

Oh man, the soundtrack. The World, Key of the Twilight, and Under the Moon? That last one especially just speaks to the whole surreality of the entire series. Goddamn, getting chills now listening to it. See-Saw were fricking incredible.

And Obsession? Oh man. The show weird me out as a kid and it weirds me out to this day, but that's why I loved it so, so much. As a kid it was my "the show," the one I was always hyped to see and learn more about. So many layers and mystery, I still don't think I've figured 100% of everything out yet.

Roots was OK, but I was pretty disappointed in it all told. Felt more like a halfhearted prequel to G.U. than its own thing.

Huh, so much rambling. E7 time!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kind of sad that Renton has to read a magazine to get those kind of thoughts, kid has the sex drive of a 65 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom