• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's relaxing and both the dub and the sub are well acted. Fantastic music.

Roots only shares the fantastic music part. SIGN is slow paced but also mesmerizing and fun. ROOTS is boooooooring and will put you to sleep. I used to set my alarm to watch ROOTS only to fall back asleep and miss YYH!

Agreed. Roots got mildly interesting towards the end but the whole thing just felt directionless and designed purely to set up the games, while SIGN definitely felt like it's own thing.

Speaking of the VA, Sora has me continually cracking up. Dave Wittenberg nails every line and steals every scene. (He's also Kakashi, oddly enough.)
So weird that he actually becomes Haseo.

The only truly weak VA is Subara, I think.

How I imagine Andrex and Shard:

88qdYNH.jpg

zdeEZLP.gif

KuGsj.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ua5oC4P.png

".hack//SIGN is so fricking good. Up to ep 14 of my rewatch."​

PaPDBQ0l.jpg

"I really do wonder if you are saying that with a straight face."​

z8eouRhl.png

"Is there an opinion of yours that isn't terrible?!"​

HeB1flal.jpg

"Only all of them!"​

2HQPsuxl.jpg

"I really do wonder if you are saying that with a straight face."

FS0jO8il.jpg

"The answer is no."​

tumblr_magujfJ5pP1qjw2ino1_500.gif

"Sit boy."​

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Very strange logic, very strange ending, I do not think the overall message was the intended message. Anyway, who bloody replaced Black Dynamite with The Cleavland Show? Shouldn't this be considered a crime against humanity?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Very strange logic, very strange ending, I do not think the overall message was the intended message. Anyway, who bloody replaced Black Dynamite with The Cleavland Show? Shouldn't this be considered a crime against humanity?

It is. This is the shit the Geneva Convention was convened to stop.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright, time for Black Dynamite
"My name is Cleveland Brown!"
*mutes*

We go from one animated show with a black cast that was written by black writers, to another animated show with a black cast that was written by white writers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright, time for Black Dynamite
"My name is Cleveland Brown!"
*mutes*

We go from one animated show with a black cast that was written by black writers, to another animated show with a black cast that was written by white writers.

And also terrible.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yes but the good Adult Swim shows take ages upon ages to make.

Took three years for Venture Bros Season 5 to get here, and we're still waiting for Boondocks Season 4.
At least we know they'll be worth it.

LycanXIII

Because its ratings are so much better than what Toonami could pull?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That actually remains to be seen since this is the first night of Cleavland stinking up that time slot, moved up from an earlier time slot I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom