• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess the upside is that corporate arm is no longer calling the shots on Toonami. Of course, there is nobody else to blame for mistakes like GXP now, but facts of life.

While not impossible, I think they would have to prove themselves a lot more and see a real push, to get more time and considering the 6 hrs they already have, I also kinda think they don't really need it or would see diminishing returns.

well, at this point premieres are getting pushed to 2am, which is a bit concerning

LycanXIII said:
And they could always show more Bebop.

nogodno.gif

well, at this point premieres are getting pushed to 2am, which is a bit concerning

That is a fair point , I guess at the very least they could vie for 11-12, otherwise I don't see Adult Swim giving them much more, without a lot more proving. Then again it's weird , like they seem to already not really have any idea what to do with their 9:00-9:30 slot since they've been alternating between a number of shows.

Have they actually given a time for Sword Art Online?

nothing beyond August. and considering the ratings could change before then, i don't imagine they'll decide to schedule it for a while.

Dr.Palutena said:
That is a fair point , I guess at the very least they could vie for 11-12, otherwise I don't see Adult Swim giving them much more, without a lot more proving. Then again it's weird , like they seem to already not really have any idea what to do with their 9:00-9:30 slot since they've been alternating between a number of shows.

unless they decide to move everything back, i think the most we can hope for is 11:30 since The Cleveland Show looks to be replacing Black Dynamite.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
nothing beyond August. and considering the ratings could change before then, i don't imagine they'll decide to schedule it for a while.

unless they decide to move everything back, i think the most we can hope for is 11:30 since The Cleveland Show looks to be replacing Black Dynamite.

LAAAAAAAAME

So lame. Just give the slot to Toonami if that's what they're going to do. Total downgrade.

LAAAAAAAAME

So lame. Just give the slot to Toonami if that's what they're going to do. Total downgrade.

well......it will probably have a positive effect on Toonami's ratings. AS's ratings tend to take a hit when Black Dynamite starts. hopefully it leads to Bleach and maybe Naruto beating The Boondocks by more than a small amount, and on a regular basis.

Raxus

I hear the later seasons of TCS get better but yeah...can we get Bobs Burgers instead? That show is a classic in the making I tell you. Call me crazy but you'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!

I hear the later seasons of TCS get better but yeah

That's like saying the more recent seasons of the simpsons are better then seasons 10ish-20ish, while technically true it's still unfunny garbage that doesn't compare to anything that's even remotely funny.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
omgleakedn.png

LycanXIII

@ToonamiNews (Toonami Faithful) just posted this. They didn't explain anything about where it came from so I'm very skeptical.

Pre-Edit:
Looks like something anyone can shoop up. And Storm Hawks (if it's this one) was just on Disney the other year. They get it back already?

Edit: Yeah, they sure are helping the Toonami community.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember reading that you need to have at least 88 episodes for a big syndicated contract, Archer could get there in a few years. Someone who knows more about tv contracts could probably correct me.

They usually syndicate at 100, but there have been times where they've done it before. Especially if the series is popular enough, or ends before 100.

Seda

@ToonamiNews posted that StormHawks image in Shard's post.

I asked "where is this from?"

They removed it

Then I had the pictured convo with them.

Sorry I edited my post and Lycan quoted my pre-edited post and that's a bit confusing.

@ToonamiNews posted that StormHawks image in Shard's post.

I asked "where is this from?"

They removed it

Then I had the pictured convo with them.

Sorry I edited my post and Lycan quoted my pre-edited post and tha'ts a bit confusing.

I see. That was pretty stupid of them. Don't know why they'd even do a joke like that now. Seems so random.

So, Storm Hawks. Just googled, an old CN series, I see?

That [AS] information picture looks pretty real. It's usually something they use when identifying promos.

Is it fake? I mean, Seda caused a takedown but is it?

Ponn

Banned
So are we back to watchable non fillers tonight? If so should i go with Doritos Cool RanchTaco Bell chips or more sophisticated Triscuits and pepper jack cheese?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So are we back to watchable non fillers tonight? If so should i go with Doritos Cool RanchTaco Bell chips or more sophisticated Triscuits and pepper jack cheese?

This week's One Piece episode begins the process of mixing filler into Davy Back Fight by altering some of the details and changing a few things around, but otherwise yes, pretty much everything is canon tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom